SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT - MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »

I requested in last month’s thread to be moved to Cheer Squad for May; I’m overseas all month & won’t have consistent scale access.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @ChrysalisCove
    I am making the change now... sorry
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    G'morning Team!!!

I hope everyone is doing well this beautiful morning -- well, at least it is beautiful in Atlanta.

Anything exciting with y'all? Any NSV's that you would like to share?
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Steps needs for 5/5 and 5/6
    @LindaMTuck2018
    @Coleen312

We still have plenty of room for others too!!

Weights overdue and due today
    @Choconutz54
    @RandiHaszel
    @ShowKitten
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Step challenge is starting again this month.
    Looks like we can have 10 steppers.
    Who is in?

I'm in for the step challenge!

5/5 was 9,279 steps
    5/6 was 11,668 steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    Steps
    5/5 9,292
  • Coleen312
    Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge @boehle
    5/5=14,370
    5/6=7,022
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I’ll post my weight tomorrow (Wednesday) rather than my Tuesday date. I’m just home from my 5 hour drive so going to face my fate tomorrow instead :s:#
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    This is amazing news!!! Congradulations!!
  • DleeMcM
    DleeMcM Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mind if I ask what NSV's are?

As for something exciting, I am graduating May 18, with my Master's.. That is what caused me to start taking this seriously. I thought about it last week and decided I wanted to lose 15 pounds before that, now 1 week in I have lost 9 already, so I think I am raising it to being 20 pounds down by graduation, so as of now I am at 260.6 and I would really like to be 250 or less by the 18th..... let's see if I can do it. I feel confident, but any prayers or encouragement would be helpful.
    I am drinking 64 oz or more of water daily, working out 3 times a week, and cut carbs and sugars from my diet (not all carbs, but all that you get from bread, pasta, potatoes).

Any advise on how to do this quickly?
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    DleeMcM wrote: »

As for something exciting, I am graduating May 18, with my Master's.. That is what caused me to start taking this seriously. I thought about it last week and decided I wanted to lose 15 pounds before that, now 1 week in I have lost 9 already, so I think I am raising it to being 20 pounds down by graduation, so as of now I am at 260.6 and I would really like to be 250 or less by the 18th..... let's see if I can do it. I feel confident, but any prayers or encouragement would be helpful.
    I am drinking 64 oz or more of water daily, working out 3 times a week, and cut carbs and sugars from my diet (not all carbs, but all that you get from bread, pasta, potatoes).

Non Scale Victories
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options

Congratulations on getting your masters and your weight loss so far. Your plan for losing weight sounds pretty sound. Just remember slow and steady wins the race. Someone once said it’s a marathon not a sprint. Personally, right now I am losing at a rate of about 2 pounds a week. My tips are to log everything and don’t deprive yourself of any foods. I don’t really cut any foods from my diet. One thing that has helped me, is moving more. I try to walk daily. Good luck with everything!
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Congratulations on you success so far and your masters!

I would just give you a heads up that weightloss is not consistent, in my experience the biggest loss is in the first week you start a new diet, and when on a low carb diet a significant amount is water loss which can go back on if we start eating carbs again.

My biggest loss was the first week, since then weight loss has varied from 4lbs to 0.2lbs each week - so don’t be disheartened if you don’t keep losing weight at the same pace you have so far.

Also women tend to have fluctuations around our menstrual cycle - lots of women put on water weight the week around their period. This is temporary and will drop again within a week. But it does mean the scales move up and down, not consistently down.

If you check out last month’s weightloss spreadsheet you can have a look at what kind of weightloss people are getting and the typical fluctuations that are normal. Everyone is different, so yours might look a bit different, but I guess what I’m saying is that if you lost 9lbs in one week, next week it might be more like 4lbs, and the following week it might be 1lbs. Don’t be disappointed if you don’t hit 20lbs by 18 May, it is still all in the right direction :)
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I’m traveling through Friday. Is it possible to log my weight from last week and I’ll log next week as normal?
  • ShowKitten
    Options

Congratulations on your masters!! That's amazing!

I often find that when I give myself a number and a deadline that I fail. Mainly because I put too much pressure on myself. I'd suggest just keep doing what you're doing (9 is amazing!) and then you wont be hard on yourself if you get a smaller number the next week. Then whatever you lose is a pleasant experience :)

We all believe in you!
  • ShowKitten
    Options
    Username: Showkitten
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    Weigh in Week: 1
    CW: 228

Things can only get better...
  • ssummerlin80
    ssummerlin80 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello from North Carolina! I'm Stephanie, a 39 year old wife and mom/stepmom to four teenagers, ages 14, 16, 17 and 18. This is my fourth month as part of this team.

I love running and competing in 5Ks, as well as hiking and kayaking. I am currently participating in the NC 100 Miles Challenge (get at least 100 miles of outdoor activity in my state this year) and the Passport program (visit all the NC State Parks). My goal for this year is to check as many NC State Parks off my passport as possible.

May goals:
    Shoot for 10k steps per day
    Hit 165 lbs.

stats:
    ssummerlin80
    HW: 204.2 (January 2018)
    LW: 167.8 (April 2019)
    CW: 169.8
    GW: 160
    F 5'4"
This discussion has been closed.