SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT - MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• Efsim
    Efsim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I’m new to the team, hello I was trying to understand the discussion board!
    I go by Ka and I’m in he process of moving to attend my grad program- but I want to be in shape and lose some weight before it starts.
    CW 207
    Ideal weight: 150

My goals are to log what I eat even if I choose poorly and eat a whole bag of chocolate ( hoping not to)
    Also I want to train for a marathon and bikini competition ( so cardio and weight 5 time a week)
    Im hoping in completing these goals I’ll lose weight!
    We got this team!
  • redhairannie
    redhairannie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    WEEKEND PLANS?????

What is everyone doing this weekend?

I have a 5k tomorrow morning, then breakfast with the girls afterwards. After that - HOUSEWORK!!! Sunday I plan to pack us for trip 1. A full week of stuff in only a carryon (Beka's rules) Trip2 will be to my daughter's - not as stressful :)

Like I posted in my intro, due to my crazy schedule, I am also moving to support squad for May and will be back in June.

Tomorrow morning I am meeting with a trainer at Planet Fitness to go over some new equipment and some other moves to add plus walk; its finally stopped raining in WI as it has been cloudy and pouring rain all week; I tell ya, seeing sun for the first time in 6 days really helps with motivation!!
    Sunday, going to a pet shelters open house where they have kitties up for adoption....ever since my cat passed 4 weeks ago, my other cat seems lonely and I may get a companion for him....
    Then probably a walk, hitting gym and prepping for week....

Hey there, where are you in Wisconsin? Im in Kenosha!

Yep, I'm in Oak Creek :)😘 practically neighbors; if you want to meet up to do a workout, let me know; I'm a black card member of Planet Fitness!

Certainly! I used to be a member there but another gym in the area closed and they all came over to our planet fitness and it was just too crowded! :( We can definitely get together sometime though! :)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Boehle
    Saturday
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Strike for baseball on 5/3
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    WEEKEND PLANS?????

What is everyone doing this weekend?

I have a 5k tomorrow morning, then breakfast with the girls afterwards. After that - HOUSEWORK!!! Sunday I plan to pack us for trip 1. A full week of stuff in only a carryon (Beka's rules) Trip2 will be to my daughter's - not as stressful :)

Like I posted in my intro, due to my crazy schedule, I am also moving to support squad for May and will be back in June.

Okay, I still cannot really do weights over the weekend though.
    Have we got Linda access? and she can cover your weeknds?

I mentioned this to the mods on Friday. I will bring up again in our next discussion.
    Sorry thght i posted this am
    Had surgery wed so i hope this gain is fluids

I did not post this..... I carried over your last weigh in. Let’s carry it over again next week then see where you are. Heal up, my hyster-sister!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Can you DM your email to me? I tried to DM to request it, but the message failed.

Linda has agreed to help with the captain duties since I will be MIA a bit this month.

Everyone give a bit round of appreciation for Captain Linda!!

Btw - I promoted without asking 😊😊😊
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK 1 MOD CHALLENGE ....DRINK IT UP
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10742403/week-1-mod-challenge-drink-it-up#latest
    LET'S DRINK TILL WE SHRINK
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE BASEBALL CHALLENGE HAS COME TO AN END
    I WILL BE TALLYING IT ALL AND WILL POST THE RESULTS LATER
    GREG
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    Friday
    5/3/19
    @171lake
    @LaurieWrobo double + single
    @lindamtuck2018 single
    @boehle strike
    @alexis1616
    @iladyt bunt
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Can you DM your email to me? I tried to DM to request it, but the message failed.

Linda has agreed to help with the captain duties since I will be MIA a bit this month.

Everyone give a bit round of appreciation for Captain Linda!!

Btw - I promoted without asking 😊😊😊

Sent you the email address.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    WEEK ONE GROUP CHALLENGE PROVIDED BY THE WORKOUT WARRIORS
    BEST GROUP CHALLENGE EVER'......
    THIS WEEKS GROUP CHALLENGE IS SPONSORED IN PART BY THE WORKOUT WARRIORS TEAM
    HERE IS HOW IT'S GOING TO WORK
    THIS A TEAM CHALLENGE MEANING YOU COMPETE WITHIN YOUR OWN TEAM....
    THE CHALLENGE IS ..
    THE MOST STEPS IN THE WEEK
    ..SO TEAM CAPTAINS YOU COPY AND PASTE BLANK ROWS ON THE STEP SPREADSHEET TO ALLOW ROOM FOR THOSE THAT ARE TAKING PART IN THIS CHALLENGE.
    THE MOST WEIGHT LOST IN A WEEK......
    ... THIS WILL BE DONE ON THE SPREAD SHEET FOR THE WEEK
    THE MOST WATER DRANK IN THE WEEK
    THIS CAN BE KEPT ON THE DAILY CHECK OR HOWEVER YOUR TEAM DOES THAT

NOW IF YOUR THE WINNER FROM YOUR TEAM I WILL MAKE YOU A CERTIFICATE AND E MAIL IT TO YOU AND I WILL POST IT ON THE TEAM THREAD AND IN THE CAPT'S LOUNGE FOR EACH TEAM WINNER.

THE ONLY RULE IS THAT YOU HAVE TO BE THE WINNER IN ALL THREE CATEGORIES...TEAM CAPTAINS WILL HAVE THE FINAL SAY ON YOUR TEAM IF THERE IS TIE THE MODS WILL MAKE THE FINAL CALL WITH THE ADVICE OF THE TEAM CAPTAINS

NOW LETS HAVE SERIOUS TRASH TALKING AND SOME SERIOUS FUN.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,270 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Baseball Challenge
    5/4
    Steps 12,702
    HIIT Workout 27 min
    Walk 20 min
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturaday
    5/4/19
    @171lake
    @LaurieWrobo double + double
    @lindamtuck2018 double + triple
    @boehle
    @alexis1616
    @iladyt

This is the last report for baseball
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Lisa I’m new to the group and am joining from New Zealand. I’m used to working in kilos so I’ll be using a few online calculators to keep up with the pounds 🙂And the time difference will mean I’m posting at really odd times to you all! I’m a Mum to two boys aged 3 and 6, I work 2 jobs and have some volunteer roles also. Life can be pretty busy but apart from trying to find more time for me I wouldn’t want to change anything.
    My weight has always been a struggle, I’d hate to write all the different programs I’ve tried and the various gym memberships I’ve held, but I always end up back where I started!
    I don’t have time or money to join a program so have been trying to do things on my own, planning and tracking food and exercising when I can. Motivation however has been low and it’s lonely! My husband tries to be supportive but he usually says the wrong thing and I get hurt or mad so I’m trying to keep him out of it now.
    I look forward to talking with you all and hopefully having some success on this journey!
    PS I’m a MyFitnessPal rookie and don’t know how to add people etc 😁

Welcome!!!
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Luciicul
    Week 1
    Monday
    PW: 222.7 lbs
    CW: 222.5 lbs

Feeling a little disappointed as my weight got down to 221.4lbs on Saturday but has bounced up since. I'm trying a new eating protocol, so may take a couple weeks to see if it is working, but it means I eat more on weekends and less during the week (so in a way it's not surprising that after 2 days of eating more than normal my weight would bounce up).
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    What day does the Week One challenge start from? Monday 6th of May?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Luciicul wrote: »
    What day does the Week One challenge start from? Monday 6th of May?

It started today, Sunday, May 5th.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cl0doq10ias2.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.