SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT - MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    baseball 4/30 -single
    baseball 5/1 - preplanned bunt day as I got my IUD inserted (OMG, so painful)
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

There are a few more days left for the MAY REGISTRATION to get new people into our challenge...

I would like to ask all of us to help recruit... PLEASE, post something on your MFP wall about this site and containing links to the group page and the registration page. Post a "plug" for the group! Also, feel free to do any individual recruiting you can, especially if you are in multiple groups.

It's always better to have friends and family here with us!!!

Steve
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    baseball 4/30 -single

One good thing about being menopausal, no worries about things like that.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Baseball challenge:
    5/1
    Steps: 10,321
    Walk: 35 min
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    baseball 4/30 -single

One good thing about being menopausal, no worries about things like that.

HAHAHA! My hysterectomy is the best surgery I have EVER had!!! Bye bye Aunt Flo!!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday
    5/1/19
    @171lake
    @LaurieWrobo double + single
    @lindamtuck2018 double + triple
    @boehle bunt
    @alexis1616 homerun
    @iladyt double + double + triple

• alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Baseball 2/5
    6037 steps
    130 min strength and cardio session
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Sorry I'm brand new and can't find a description of the baseball terms for the challenges.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sorry I'm brand new and can't find a description of the baseball terms for the challenges.

Hi! Welcome! The baseball challenge was during the month of April and it is wrapping up this week. It was a lot of fun. A person got hits based on there activity for the day.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    ^^ sweet.

Thanks guys for having me.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Baseball Challenge:
    5/2
    Steps: 10,469
    35 min walk
  • Coleen312
    Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    ShowKitten wrote: »
    Feeling the need for a vent... Sorry in advance!

I have a family wedding this weekend and there's been a lot of fighting among the family. Not with me personally, but I'm feeling super stressed with it all. And super stressed me is garbage to my body, I just want to eat everything in sight. It's like I don't want to go on Saturday so I'm eating my way out of my dress. I really really really don't want to go, but I will.

I'd done so well in April and I'm ruining it. My husband is also super stressed with work, so together stressed we just buy takeout and hibernate.

Last night was the first time I've cooked in over a week. That's how bad it has got.

I'm hoping that once the weekend is over I can get my focus back. We drive home on Monday and I'll face the scales Tuesday.

Sorry for the mind dump, hoping a vent helps me get some kind of motivation back.

I’m so sorry for your stress. Family times can be among the most stressful. I just encourage you to not allow them to make you punish yourself. Then you just feel worse. When we eat better our mind is clearer, we sleep better and that helps us deal better with ALL of life’s issues. Maybe you’ve already tried this trick: Drink a full 8 Oz glass of water before you eat anything. It truly will help you eat less. Good luck this weekend and when drama begins around you, I encourage you to walk away. 😘
  • Coleen312
    Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! This is my 4th month on the challenge this time around. I’ve finally made myself a priority and am down 43 lbs. I have 33 more to go and my motivation is still strong. I love reading what everyone posts here and I keep trying to post more but, well, life...

When I first began my big weight loss journey (8 years ago) I was at my heaviest of 232lbs. On my 5’4 frame, that was a lot. I’m currently at 163 and want to finally make the goal I’ve been aiming for all these years. I’m done with yo-yo-ing and finally believe I’ve found the formula that works for me. Thanks for being here everyone! I’ll try to be left of a stranger!

Coleen (age 53, mother of 4 sons aged 26, 25, 20, and 18, 2 dogs, and 1 husband. 🤪)
  • boehle
    Options
    @Silent_Soliloquy - I wouldnt focus on losing more IMO. I would try to start building more muscle. You are already thin.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    PW 231.8
    CW 229.6
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Luciicul wrote: »
    Hi, this is my fourth month on the challenge, I'm Australian, mum to a 13 yr old.

I eat low carb, moderate protein, moderate healthy fats, and avoid processed and refined foods. I've recently started dabbling with intermittent fasting to help reverse my insulin resistance (I'm also on Metformin). In recent months I've worked to improve my sleep, so I am going to bed earlier than I used to (naturally a night-owl), and not feeling as tired during the day. I was an epic snorer and disturbing my husband's sleep until I lost some weight in the last three months, so that is a non-weight-goal that has been achieved, for which he is very thankful!

Stress can be an issue for me - my daughter has a major depressive disorder and anxiety, and it has been difficult getting her the help she needs. She has missed a lot of school and I have to supervise her studies at home, so my life is largely revolving around her and her needs. Things can turn upside down very quickly, and in those moments there isn't space to think or care about anything but the immediate problem. However, I have stopped stress eating, and have been able to stick pretty well to my diet these last three months as well as increase my exercise and understanding of health so I don't think I'll have the same diet related problems as I have in the past.

My stats:
    169cm / 5'7'
    40 years
    Highest Weight: 263.5lbs/119.5kg (Sunday 27th January 2019)
    May Challenge Start Weight: 222.7lbs /101kg (Monday, 29th April)
    May Challenge Goal Weight: 214lbs /97kg

Additional May goals: keep up regular walking, strength training twice per week, incorporate fasting into schedule..

I also have a daughter with major depressive disorder and anxiety. It’s very stressful at times as I navigate ways to help her stay balanced. I definitely put my health on the back burner while dealing with her issues. She’s about to graduate college next week and has managed to pull up her grades enough to graduate with honors. She’s doing much better (knock on wood) and I’m hoping she has matured enough to develop successful coping skills. Hang in there, mama!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Well, I just wrote a short novel and the app suddenly closed and I lost everything I wrote!

I’m Cindy, age 59, from Texas. I am trying to get back on track after backtracking in December. It’s been a slow slog but I’m hoping to make more progress this month.

I have some physical limitations which prevent me from being as active as I would like. I do yoga once a week and my goal is to walk at least five times a week. I’ll be out of town for a couple of weeks this month so that will add to my challenges.

My weigh-in day is Friday
    Cre804
    May Start
    LW: 199.5
    CW: 199.0
  • boehle
    Options
    Overdue weights:
    @iamworthy14
    @RandiHaszel

Due today: