Monthly Post May 2019

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,967 Member
Hi all!

Happy May 1st! Here we are! Ready for summer?! I am... :)

@KateNkognito bet you are psyched that school is almost done. Way to go!!

@mamainthekitchen saw your post about keto and hope it works well for you!

Hope everybody else is good. Lurkers and newbies please stop in and post and say hello. Ask a question!

I am going to get back on 5/2 after vacation, and I am also going to go back to Intermittent Fasting Monday through Thursdays. Basically fasting from 8pm or 9pm until 12pm or 1pm the following day. This worked well for me in the past since I am not a huge breakfast person. Just don't take away my dinner. :p
Also planning to get back to the gym and at least walk on the treadmill or ride the bike four days a week for 40 minutes a clip. Just need to get the blood moving and not interfere with my back and hip pain and of course burn some calories.

Hope you have a great day! See you all soon.

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!
    Happy May 2! LOL Yup, I crack myself up. :)
    Hope everybody is having a good week.
    See you all soon.
  • ash012
    ash012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Happy May! I’m down 2 lbs since starting IF. Today is another fast day.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

Way to go @ash012 nice work!!

I am going to be heading out on Saturday for a little Caribbean vacation but when I am back the week of May 13 I will be back at it!

Hope everybody is having a nice week. See you all soon. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Wooo way to go @ash012 ! Awesome job!

I’m trying to eat around noon although the other day I had one boiled egg about 1pm then dinner out was 1pc battered cod & garden salad but that was it. Feel pretty good so far I’m coming keto with a few goodies it’s hard to quit things altogether (you know my sweet tooth for candy) but the keto idea sounds good, at least for the length of time it takes to get to feeling comfortable without a jacket on!!! Today’s lunch was 2 thick slices of ham with 2 eggs cooked on top and a half avo sliced on top with tons of cracked black pepper... yum I’ll swig a little unsweetened almond milk in a few minutes after my tea but I feel a lot fuller and I’m just over 300 cals!! So if I don’t blow it... I’ll have a fast keto type day! Plan on a walk at the beach too today.

So excited for you meg, your trip sounds funnnnnn!!!!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hey @ash012 ... what’s on your fast day menu today?
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Nine more alarms! This weekend is going to be like finals week. I plan on downing a couple of two liters and eating popcorn all weekend. My anniversary is Sunday, so dinner out will be my reward for all my hard work (and keeping my husband! LOL). :smiley:

@mamainthekitchen Glad it is going well for you!

@ash012 Congratulation!!

@ashleyantonation How's it going?

@meghan509 Have so much fun on your trip!

Off to bed so I can get up early and work in the quiet. I have already threatened that the first person to bother me has to clean the bathroom. HA!!! I have been going to my school to work on Saturdays, but I need to be at home where all my stuff is this weekend. So, earplugs in! LOL
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

@ash012 , @ashleyantonation Welcome! Nice to see new fasters joining in; hope everyone is doing well.

I was able to do 2 and a half-ish fasts last week. On one right now also that'll finish around 7 pm...sounds like steaks for dinner!

@mamainthekitchen going keto w/fasting...in my case this combo supercharged my weight loss. Right now it's difficult maintaining keto with the 2 sweet-toothers living in my house. Still waiting for my wife to fully jump on board. I need to set aside a day and make a bunch of keto desserts so she can see it's not all meat and um, well meat. I expect that when my kids get back into the dorms in the fall we'll buckle down. In the meantime I need to maintain the fasting...at least.

@meghan509 enjoy!

@KateNkognito that scenario has to be tough...looks like you've got it covered, good luck w/your studies.

Have a good week/month everyone,
    Rus
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Happy Monday! Hope y’all had a great weekend... Kate congrats on your anniversary, and you both enjoyed a fancy dinner out!

Thanks @orlcam, supercharged is where I want to be!! So far I’ve had about 3 days to start that we’re awesome food wise but I also had wine & an entire bag of peanut m&ms to sabotage my efforts...but I’ve come around, feeling stronger with better willpower now and continue with my keto foods. Made a heavenly dinner sat night... chicken fillets browned then add lots of fresh garlic oregano and whipping cream scraping bits then add entire bunch of chopped spinach to wilt then add thinly sliced sundries tomatoes and simmer... all this goodness over cauliflower rice!!served with green beans! Omg. Heaven. This dish was very good for my diabetic son too. For the picky husband.... I omitted the sundried tomatoes, the spinach, heavy cream and of course the cauliflower rice ... he loved his...... go figure!

Yesterday I had a very good fast & keto day!!! I feel fuller having more fat so success is so much easier! Yippee!! Definitely planning more fasts this week. Spending too much time on the internet looking for recipes though, how addicting!

I’m sure our Meghan is basking in the sun right about now on her vacation!! So jealous.....I’ve got dust bunnies to deal with, but it looks like another beautiful spring day here so I’ll take it! I’ll check back soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys!!
    Hello from beautiful Jamaica!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Darn, I can't post a pic lol. Hope you guys are well. Vacation is very enjoyable. See you soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Have a rum drink for me meg!!
  • ashleyantonation
    ashleyantonation Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Sorry I have been MIA! I have had to stop fasting because I just found out that I am pregnant!
    So I will be back but in like 10 months haha. I am going to keep lurking though :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    FANTASTIC news Ashley!!!!! Congratulations to you!
    Yes!! Come back.... wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!! <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Congratulations @ashleyantonation!!!!!! That is fabulous!
    Chugging right along here. Four more alarms!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Forgot to say that I had an unexpected light day because one of the kids didn't have a lunch on the field trip... so I gave them my Lunchable. I had a Snickers bar. Plus lots of walking. We all had fun!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    So, it is Mother's Day! Congratulations to all the moms out there that have made it another year! And way to go for all the dads that held them back during those rough moments!
    I actually logged everything I ate today! My dear husband made lobster and salmon on the grill for lunch. Super yummy!
    Have a GREAT week! Happy fasting!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Whew what a day! Yes happy Mother’s Day... what a hoot Kate.. too funny on your congrats to the dads holding is back during those moments!!!!! :D:D oh gosh, SO True!

Mother’s Day is a ton of work for me as I make dinner, the parents come over and so I’m doing the usual... cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, washing... buying the food making the food the dessert... all while my husband hosed the driveway down!!!!! My kids have no clue so they stay out of my way. Each year I say in my head, never again! But I do. My mom & dad enjoy it so if it wasn’t for them I’d be in my housecoat all day flaked out on the couch with a few good books!
    Tomorrow is MY DAY!! I clame the day after at least, after all it’s just another day!

Who’s fasting tomorrow? I’m in!!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys!

I am back from Jamaica Mon! I have to see how I can upload some pics for you all. We had a great time. Beautiful country with awesome people, terrific food, and excellent beach / ocean. Yup, we would definitely go back again and to that same exact resort too! I also celebrated my birthday while away (May 9) and that was nice too! Another year older. Bah!

Need to keep this short as it is my first day back and it is a little crazy! LOL

Congratulations Ashley! Sending hugs!

Happy Mothers Day Kate and Mama and Ashley!! Hope your day was awesome!

I am back on the healthy eating wagon again. Not fasting quite yet because I am traveling a few days next week for work. Plus with getting in late Saturday night and not having a lot of time to shop or prep food, you get the idea.

I plan to be back fasting again on or about Monday, May 27 and I do see that is Memorial Day. Sigh... Will figure that out as we get closer. In the meantime working on eating 1500 calories per day and getting back to the gym pretty soon.

See you all soon!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Women! ...we'd be lost without you. <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I have logged TWO days in a row! AND I have been doing well with calories. There is no way I am going to be able to fast. The last week of school is full of snacks. Off to bed. Only three more alarms!