WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    Sorry, just ignore my last post. I may have mentioned this, but I'm in the last week before a VERY badly needed vacation and I'm basically wound up like a watch spring. I'm all over the place and should know better than to be online right now. My mental state is worse than I realized.

I'm burned out, beat up and stressed about my horrible job. :/

Anyways. Gonna step back a bit. You don't need my crap bringing the whole place down.

We always need you, @Terytha . You are honest, fun, and fresh (as in refreshing, not as in rude!). If we could not rant or blow off steam here, it wouldn't be much of a team, would it? In any case, I also need some angercize (or even ragercize!) today and I totally relate to how easy it is to blow up over things, even if the person who provoked it did not mean it in a way that deserved said blow up. Go ahead - blow up and then get over it, get on with it, and stick with it. We don't want to lose you, I assure you. Many hugs flying your way! Your mental state is not so bad as you think - you just felt safe enough here to lose your rag a bit. This is not a problem, it's a sign that something is good here. I want to see your wonderful face looking at us from your profile photo, no matter how you are feeling.

@Terytha I agree with what @jugar said. Life isn't perfect, and neither are any of us. Thank you for feeling free enough in our group to share what was on your mind. That's what I did. So we're good, ok? Hang in there with us. We got you girl!

By the way, you mentioned your job was "horrible." Can you look for another one after vacation? Life is too short to be stuck in a job you hate. Wishing you the best! By the way, when you go on vacation, please eat some pancakes and sausage for me! That sounded so good!!!!

Gonna spend part of my vacation looking. It's bad right now though. Few jobs, and a government determined to tank what's left.

My boss is pretty cool, but my grand boss is a jerk and I'm expected to babysit everyone.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

It is really warm and humid here today, so I'm thinking of poor @mari_moulin in France where it is seriously, seriously hot. Then I don't mind our heat so much. It is the first day like this - we just had a run of fantastic weather and a day of rain, so I guess we were due something steamy. My garden is happy.

Omg I’m melting!!!

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is complicated. Yes, it is easy to slip and keep on slipping. But you can do it!!! JUMP!

5x4mlstw47zu.png
  • jugar
    Options
    Today's weigh-ins, my friends?
    @Fourathomej
    @karenesg
    @offitgoes
    @SueSueDio

And HEADS UP for tomorrow:
    @Blackbeautysue
    @cory17 (we missed you last week, and hope you're having a great vacation or something!)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    UserID: SueSueDio
    Weigh in: Weds wk 4
    PW: 158.5
    CW: 161

Urgh. I don't believe in "bad foods", but too many carbs and sodium-laden foods definitely help me to hold onto water weight! (I was 158 on Saturday.) I need to give a bit more thought to my menu rather than just throwing something together at the last minute like I've been doing this week.

(Edit: Sorry for bringing the average down!)
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Wed 4th wk
    PW: 175.4
    CW: 174.4
  • jugar
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Urgh. I don't believe in "bad foods", but too many carbs and sodium-laden foods definitely help me to hold onto water weight! (I was 158 on Saturday.) I need to give a bit more thought to my menu rather than just throwing something together at the last minute like I've been doing this week.

It is so true - planning instead of winging it (or even logging your food before you make and eat it) really helps, dang it. I have always been an improviser in the kitchen and hate to plan. But when I start to slip away from good improv, I log in advance for a while. It isn't as much fun, but it works. And don't worry about having a week in the red! We all get them sometimes.
  • jugar
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Weigh in Wed 4th wk
    PW: 175.4
    CW: 174.4

Well done! You have had a completely green month of June - small losses the first 2 weeks, and now 2 weeks of substantial loss. Excellent job :smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, the July spreadsheets and schedule are up! Yikes. I can't believe June went by that fast.

So, this week's weigh-ins become July starting weights. If you want to change your weigh-in day, are planning any vacation time when you want to be excused from a weigh-in, or you want go onto the support team for the month -- any change at all -- let me know as soon as you can. Otherwise, we just keep on cruising here until the end of Saturday, and then Sunday PRESTO it is the July challenge. Even though it is still officially June 30th. We always start on a Sunday no matter what. A new chat thread will be ready for Sunday as well, but just post here until then.

New people who have signed up and are currently listed as support team - you'll be moved up into official challenge status on Sunday! Let me know if you are happy with your weigh-in day, etc.

It is extra important to get all the weights and steps in by the end of the day Saturday, or they won't go into the week's or the month's tally. Thanks!
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    UserID: karenesg
    Weigh in: Wedn Week 4
    PW: 186.2
    CW: 188.0

Ugh.
  • Terytha
    Options
    Well, the July spreadsheets and schedule are up! Yikes. I can't believe June went by that fast.

So, this week's weigh-ins become July starting weights. If you want to change your weigh-in day, are planning any vacation time when you want to be excused from a weigh-in, or you want go onto the support team for the month -- any change at all -- let me know as soon as you can. Otherwise, we just keep on cruising here until the end of Saturday, and then Sunday PRESTO it is the July challenge. Even though it is still officially June 30th. We always start on a Sunday no matter what. A new chat thread will be ready for Sunday as well, but just post here until then.

New people who have signed up and are currently listed as support team - you'll be moved up into official challenge status on Sunday! Let me know if you are happy with your weigh-in day, etc.

It is extra important to get all the weights and steps in by the end of the day Saturday, or they won't go into the week's or the month's tally. Thanks!

I had an incredibly strong feeling of shock while reading this as I realized June was over. Which, is pretty silly honestly. I booked off the first week of July, and that's next week. Also my mortgage payment comes out tomorrow. Still. June FLEW by. Wow.

I'm doing a staycation so will still weigh in as usual. But I'll be quieter/less present because we literally booked an entire week to play a video game that's out Friday. I'll be too busy saving the world and fighting monsters.

Today I hit a milestone: 30 pounds lost.

I'll try not to ruin that too much with deep fried oreos and elk bacon moose burgers at the faire.

Just gotta find my cowboy hat and boots. :)
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options

I had an incredibly strong feeling of shock while reading this as I realized June was over. Which, is pretty silly honestly. I booked off the first week of July, and that's next week. Also my mortgage payment comes out tomorrow. Still. June FLEW by. Wow.

I'm doing a staycation so will still weigh in as usual. But I'll be quieter/less present because we literally booked an entire week to play a video game that's out Friday. I'll be too busy saving the world and fighting monsters.

I'll try not to ruin that too much with deep fried oreos and elk bacon moose burgers at the faire.

Awesome loss!!! Congratulations. That's a lot of hard work and you did it. Keep at it and enjoy your time off B)
  • SueSueDio
    Options

It is so true - planning instead of winging it (or even logging your food before you make and eat it) really helps, dang it. I have always been an improviser in the kitchen and hate to plan. But when I start to slip away from good improv, I log in advance for a while. It isn't as much fun, but it works. And don't worry about having a week in the red! We all get them sometimes.

It does help me to plan - I usually try to figure out at least the dinners for the coming week, because I have an issue with wheat and can't have it all the time so I need to plan which days I'll eat it! I just felt kinda down the past week or so and didn't have the enthusiasm to plan, and now I'm paying for it. :) I'll try and get back on track next week.

I think I'd like to change my weigh in day to Saturday too, please - that's when I weigh in for a group of friends, and it'll be easier for me to keep things straight if I just keep the same day for everyone!
  • SueSueDio
    Options

Yep, this month has gone SO fast it's scary.

Congrats on your milestone, that's great work! :)

Have fun cowgirling it up, and also monster-slaying... :) (Which game will you be playing?)
  • jugar
    Options
    It's Thursday!
    I hope everyone is starting / having / finishing a lovely day - may your meal planning be perfect, your hydration high, and your exercise exhilarating! Earn those showers, and hit the weekend strong.

@SueSueDio - I'll put you on Saturdays for July. That will make your first week extra long, so you'll have a few extra days to make the week 1 weigh-in fabulous! You're right to synchronize it with the other one to make life simpler.

@karenesg - a blip - you still have not had a gain over the full month at least! Keep at it, girl <3

@fourathomej - YAY! Doesn't it feel great when the plateau budges?

@Terytha - Be sure to keep your cowboy boots on while trouncing monsters! EEEEEEEE HAH!
    0qt4h1qc8p4e.png
  • Terytha
    Options

Yep, this month has gone SO fast it's scary.

Congrats on your milestone, that's great work! :)

Have fun cowgirling it up, and also monster-slaying... :) (Which game will you be playing?)

The new expansion for Final Fantasy 14 is out. Husband and I have been looking forward to this for months. :)
  • Loriab901
    Loriab901 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would like to take advantage of the opportunity to move my weigh-in day to Saturday. It needs to follow Friday’s donut and treat day in the office, so I can be held accountable. Thank you 😊
  • jugar
    Options
    Loriab901 wrote: »
    I would like to take advantage of the opportunity to move my weigh-in day to Saturday. It needs to follow Friday’s donut and treat day in the office, so I can be held accountable. Thank you 😊

Anything to avoid the donut and treats!! Will do.
This discussion has been closed.