Monthly Post June 2019

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,504 Member
    I just got a new scale, too! The old one just suddenly gave up. Must be some sort of conspiracy by the scale manufacturers! LOL
    Gee, thanks, Mama! I am not that inspiring in real life. Just sayin'.
    Meghan, have a great day!
    Going to go for a walk today. It is cloudy and cool... again. Getting tired of this weather.
    Have a great weekend! To all the lurkers, HI! Say something! We don't bite!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Hi all!

Still AM here, so Good morning!

Nice, @mamainthekitchen we went with a more simple scale since this is now the THIRD scale in approximately ten years that we have purchased. Maybe that doesn't sound like a lot of scales to someone who weighs in often, but in our case they had spent most of their lives sitting and not getting used. It annoys me to put it mildly!

@KateNkognito totally missed your comment about your degrees. Thank you That is awesome! Science is scary LOL but I LOVE ART and totally loved all of the art classes I took over the years from elementary school through H.S.

Woo hoo, our new scale arrived yesterday! My guy used it and said it was nice. I didn't use it yet (feeling bloated for female reasons) but I will weigh in next week some time. We got this!

Not much else to report from this end. Looking forward to a lovely Saturday at the beach. Happy Fathers Day weekend. :)

Speak to you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Yup, Friday again so soon!! I’ve had a very busy week..... well not me really, the daughter. She’s a bridesmaid in an Indian wedding and it’s been one event after the other everyday this week! I’m the gopher, chauffeur, part-time seamstress and generally on call when needed! So I’m tired for my small part in it!! Lol

The other day my fast went to 20 hrs without any trouble! Normally I do 18hrs but today, I may cut it off at 16 since I’ve been up since 3:30am! (Today’s the actual wedding) anyhow, Im liking this shorter eating window thing and hope to see results in my new fancy scale tomorrow am! Yesterday was a feast day and today a 5:2 day so I’ll be watching I don’t have full calories today for sure. Not sure why my head is really into this right now... a year ago I thought this was all too hard!!! It’s all mindset but not sure how the mind changes? @flossyruby1 (miss you) would say... “I need to hit bottom then have a goal”.... so maybe that’s true!! I saw pictures of me from last year!!! Scared me for sure and here I am working at this!! Gotta love pictures!’

Have a great Friday you two!! And an awesome weekend!!!! Off to have some jasmine green tea!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Oooh! Forgot....

@orlcam .... have to say i love our new photo in the header!!!! Just love it!! Thank you for keeping it seasonal too :)
  • KateNkognito
    Well, I got mad because I didn't lose any weight last week, so I ate like an unsupervised five year old and guess what? I gained this week! So, I am back on track. Just logged my breakfast. Two fasts planned. No fast food this week. And I WILL go to the pool at least once.
  • mamainthekitchen
    ^^^^^ ok so this was me yesterday!! I’ve been so good, zero wine, almost zero candy consumption, 18hr fasts and boom... new fancy scale tells me I lost a whopping 0.1lbs!! Not 1, 0.1!! So ya, I get the being mad Kate.

Gorgeous day here.... happy Father’s Day to any dads reading!
    Time to pick myself up and log everything as best I can from last night >:)
  • Meghan509
    Hi all!

Sounds like you guys were busy over the weekend! Me too. :)

UGH, I hear you both about the scale and losing. I am really trying to meet my lower calorie plan, especially on Monday and Thursdays but wouldn't you know it that we have another work luncheon today. I feel like I just can't catch a break. So today is a regular day and tomorrow will be a lighter day. Next week I am traveling for work again. This time more local, vs. a flight. But still that means I won't be able to really follow my low calories. Will be at a conference center and they can serve whatever they want. Just have to try and make healthy choices. :(

Sorry to be negative. Just a little frustrated lately. Not having a good day today.... I had an old friend pass away early this morning. She was dealing with some health issues over the years. A week ago she had a stroke which resulted in cardiac arrest, and no oxygen to the brain. They did an MRI and saw that she had zero brain activity. :(
    Her family removed her from life support yesterday and she passed early this morning. She was 46 years old. Tell your friends and family you love them. You never know what could happen. Life is too short.

Sorry to be so down today. I hope if you are fasting that you have a great day. I am planning to get to the gym tonight after work. This day is definitely going to get better, I know it.

Speak to you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    So sorry, Meghan! Hugs! That is awful! :'( I hope your day gets better.
    I have been running all morning. Forgot/decided to skip today's fast day. Too much going on. But I have it set up so I can fast tomorrow and Friday.
    I hope everyone gets back on track. Must be the moon phase or something. Yup. We will blame it on the moon. ;)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Ya good idea Kate, let’s blame to moon!

Oh Meghan so sorry to hear... {hugs} how sad for her family too to have to make that decision of taking her off life support. That’ll certainly shake you up receiving that bit of news, I hope you have good memories you can think of about her to help you.

4 hours of gardening this morning before the heat comes... I waited 17 hours before eating, but now I’d like a nap! But gotta take the dog out and wanted to go for my own walk at the beach! Plus grocery store run.... yadda yadda... not enough hours in the day!!

I’m away on the island tomorrow, lunch out! Hard to calculate calories & carbs from restaurants!! Hopefully I stay away from the candy while on the ferry!!!

Let’s get back at it gang!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all,

Thanks ladies! I appreciate the nice thoughts. My friend is resting peacefully now and she is out of pain. <3

Hope all is well. Things have been going pretty well diet wise. Been eating well and going to the gym as planned. Going with the flow is all I can do!

Hope you all have a good one and see you soon!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Morning @Meghan509 (and others), I'm sorry to hear about your friend...way too young.

Popping in to say...hey!

Sorry I've been out of touch...I've missed all of your trials and tribulations over the past few months. Having the family home has amped things up...good and bad. Still trying to gel, even after a year back.

My wife and I were supposed to start keto (w/fasting mixed in), hasn't work out...yet. She and my son are headed back to Italy for a week so they can say proper goodbyes to everyone (her orders last year only gave them a few days to pack and get back home to New Orleans), then she has to do a low sodium/iodine diet for 3 weeks. I think I'm going to de-carb the kitchen while their gone (moohahaha). She says she's ready. I know the keto/fasting worked well for me; now that I'm not alone it makes menus exceedingly more complicated.

Thanks @mamainthekitchen, I try to change the banner every month or so...my little contribution.

I remember mama, you said a while back that you were trying keto w/5:2...just wanted to share some videos I found recently:
    ...a new flour to play with: Miracle Dough.
    ...finally? a decent yeast bread?
    ...and The Cheat Meal Strategy that Keeps you in Ketosis.

I know this is keto stuff, but one great thing (among many) is that fasting can work with almost any way of eating/life. Plus I really have no desire to join another group ;)

Thank you, all of you, once again for being so dedicated to this group. It feels good to know that I can always come back to find that someone's kept the fire going.

• KateNkognito
    Hi, @orlcam! It is glad to see you again! I totally understand about your family. My husband has traveled for years and now he is working from home. It has taken some getting used to.

@mamainthekitchen Hope you had a nice little trip!

@Meghan509 Glad you are doing well and that you have made it back to the gym. That seems to make you happy and feel successful.

I have allergies and feel gross. Maybe the lack of a sense of smell will help me not eat. I have really been frustrated for the last week or so. I really stayed on track for three weeks and lost absolutely no weight. I have to get back on track and figure out what is going on. I am no longer comfortable in my body. I *have* to lose weight. It is just not an option anymore.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week. Happy fasting to the Thursday fasters!
  • Meghan509
    Hi guys!

Feeling the love in here today, in our little corner of the great big internet. <3

@orlcam nice to see you back! Sounds like you have definitely had your hands full with family being here and there and everywhere!
    Keto is cool. I know a lot of people who have had success with it. I have thought about doing a modified version. My thing is I need to eat a lot of fiber since I am a cancer survivor, with GI issues. Need to do some more research on what I can or cannot eat, before I really jump on board with it.
    I hear you, everybody needs to do what works for them. I am doing the same!

Hi @KateNkognito hope your allergies get better. I hear you about having to lose weight. I am there too and it stinks. My clothes are snug and it is not cool. I am not buying anything new. Just got to do it... We got this. :)

@mamainthekitchen hope all is good in your neck of the woods!

Things are good here. Been eating clean and exercising. Same thing planned for today. Just had a little oatmeal for a light breakfast. Salad for lunch. Typical lower calorie dinner planned. Not a light day but something that works for me for now.

Hope you have a great day! See you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Woohoo! Activity!
    First off, thank you @orlcam for those three very interesting videos!! I thoroughly enjoyed all 3!! I can watch/listen/read about keto/low carb info all day long!! I am finding I slip up every 9-10 days or so because of some event or lack of willpower... but I do like this way of eating to get some pounds off!!

Meghan I’m glad you’ve been back at the gym wakin that treadmill!! Yes I hear ya about the fiber etc for you.... we’re all different and must do what’s best for our bodies.

Kate, I said the same thing a couple of months back.... ugh! It does help to be disappointed a bit... kicks you in gear so to speak!

Had a lovely day on the island (Vancouver island that is) halibut tacos for lunch at the marina... + 4 hours of gabbing!!! Heaven!!

Off to take steaks off the bbq!! Had a really good fast day yesterday -22hours and ended on under 700 cals! I’m on a roll again even though I stumbled for a couple days last week.... may not weigh this sat... we’ll see
  • Meghan509
    Happy Friday all!

Hey @mamainthekitchen good for you, for the awesome fast! Sounds like an OMAD or One Meal A Day type of day! I would love to be able to do that. My issue there is Monday through Friday and work. A lot of us sit at a table and eat our lunch. If I show up with nothing h*ll would probably freeze over. I prefer to keep what I am doing eating wise, at a minimum. People just don't get fasting.

Yesterday went well. Did nicely with my calories and walked on the treadmill! I am not going as fast as before and I am relaxing with the huge incline. It is not good for my hip issue. Going to the gym is for burning some calories, keeping my joints from stiffening, and will help me get this darn weight off.

Hope everybody else is good! Happy Summer to those of us in the Northern Hemisphere. Woo hoo! Today I am dressed in a white with red stripes t-shirt, and navy blue pants. Sportin' my USA colors. :smiley:

Have a good day and a good weekend, just in case I don't pop in.

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    I celebrated the first day of summer with a trip to the pool with the boys. We had a great time and I intentionally spent most of the time in the deeper end treading water. Need the weather to cooperate so I can do that more often and go on a fast day. Sounds like everyone is doing well! I have to run and get stuff done today. Other than going to the pool, I didn't do anything yesterday, so I have to catch up! Have a great rest of the weekend!
    @mamainthekitchen Weigh anyway. Seriously. If I don't weigh even when I have a rough week and then moving on, I end up having two bad weeks.
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited June 2019
    Hi all... yup it’s Saturday again already!!!! This week just flew by!!

Kate, I weighed.. :'( I’m up 1.4 lbs but I’m not going to log it here, it’ll just be on my scales app. At least my waist measurement is the same at 33” as it’s been for 2 weeks now and started at 34 in May when I first measured after purchasing the scale. I do like measuring better!! But I see what you mean about weighing anyway.... am feeling a little fire today to make better choices, put last week behind me, and those choices have to do with making time for me to walk 4K or so on my own besides my dog walk!! That’s what gets the weight off me anyways... I’m pretty good at the eating (if I avoid the treats) but meals I don’t have problems with. So it comes down to making time for that extra walk for me.... I must be a priority in my life!!
    Sounds like you’re ringing in the summer perfectly with your boys!!! And treading water is excellent exercise!!

OMAD: I never knew what that stood for until now!! Haha!! Yes I like doing that, once I’m down some bulk here I’ll incorporate that periodically as a 5:2 day. I remember the days of lunch room eating Meg... ugh! Great mostly, but then you hear “is that all you’re having”??? Comments from people can get to you!!

Have a great Saturday people!!! Having a family dinner tomorrow where I am not in charge of the menu!! Yikes!
  • KateNkognito
    Forgot to weigh this morning! There were storms all night and some stupid electronic device was beeping about every 20 minutes. No sleep for me. :( I will make sure to weigh tomorrow.

@meghan509 My boys are so excited that it is almost 4th of July! They are ready to celebrate America by blowing up a small part of it! LOL

@mamainthekitchen Glad your measurements are the same. You can do this!

Going to go drink caffeine or take a nap... or both. Have a great week!
  • KateNkognito
    I weighed this morning and I am up 1.2 pounds. I am not upset, though. I am pretty sure it is hormone induced. Going to fast today and see if I can get to the pool after I run errands. This week is supposed to be summer in all its hot glory, so I am hoping to blast away some fat with a couple of swims.
    Happy fasting and have a great week!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Another week people! Kate you are an inspiration. Good on ya getting to that pool again.... having fun while burning cals!! Woohoo!!

I didn’t do too bad yesterday at my fam dinner... I brought cauliflower rice, so that helped!! All in all I didn’t go overboard, so yeah for me :D

Sipping a cup of hot water, then I’ll do my weight workout for 45 mins! Hopefully get my 45 min walk in after that, then errands, then dog walk! Whew then dinner! That’s my day!!
    We’ve got cooler weather this week so perfect for walking!!!
    Have a great one people!!
    Meghan hope you’re having an awesome day so far!