10,000 steps!

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Day 2

1 hour and 17 minutes of power walking today. The gang and I walked super FAST up to the lake (instead of driving) late this evening...we walked super fast. because we wanted to walk around the lake before dark...WOW! We cut thru a path that lead us half way around the lake--so instead of 2 miles, about a mile and a quarter or so around the lake and the walk to and from our house to the lake is 2 miles, so about 3 and quarter miles. Sweat is pouring from my head and I feel like a first class winner. 4867 steps today...and I though I was gonna be a bum today and get zero exercise--didn't make the 10,000 steps today but almost half is better than none--Hmmmph. WOOT!

Day 3:

1 hour and 37 minutes of walking. I starting to walk to the lake, got half way there...felt a wee rain drop and that was JUST the excuse I needed to not walk. The Lord had Mercy and had me get the car and drive up to the lake...I walked around 1 time, so about 3 miles thus far and 5518 steps. I was going to walk around the lake twice, but haven't had anything up a cup of coffee this morning and am feeling hungry, so my The Grace of God...I'll do some more walking this evening to make my 10,000 steps. Also my nano says I only burned: 258 cals NOT 363--I put down slow walking because MPF's cals burned at 3.5 miles was much higher. I didn't walk slow, a nice clip. Also...it didn't rain anymore ;p

Day 3 Continued:

Okay, just got back from my final walk for the day/night--trying to reach 10,000 steps today. Walked at a super brisk pace with my oldest teens--57 minutes for an additional 3409 steps. The nano says I only burned 165 cals NOT 300 something MFP says. total steps today=8927 steps today! NOT 10,000--but slowly but surely getting there:drinker:

Day 4

God is soooo GOOD! I walked to the library (about a mile) then around the lake (2 miles), then from the lake to the grocery store (about 1/2 mile) then at least 20 minutes shopping, then walked home another mile...at least 4 1/2 miles or more...total steps thus far: 8991 and cals burned: 428 walking non-stop for 2 hours 21 minutes--WOOT! I'll walk around the lake this evening too (God and weather permitted) so I'll definitely make 10,000 steps today----Praise GOD!!!! YAY!!! I'll update after my evening walk!

Day 4 Continued:

Okay final walk for today. Evening walk=3695 steps. 42 minutes walking briskly. Burned: 172 cals total today= 12,686 steps today and NANO cals= 600--WOOT!

Day 5...NO EXERCISE

DAY 6

Honey, let me tell YOU...today was a day a pure, unadulterated fat crying sessions like never before. I started by mowing the lawns to perfection and WOOOOO, talk about a fat crying session, I mowed the lawns for 45 minutes and was sweating like crazy! The Steps don't really show when I'm doing exercising completely...so though my total steps for today only show 8326 steps I KNOW in my heart and fat cells that I did make 10,000 steps if not more. Then after mowing I walked around the lake (2 miles--40+ minutes) rather briskly, and just got back in from a super brisk walk about the neighborhood, and again (about a mile, 20+ minutes)....I'm sweating like I stole something. The cals on my nano show 380...but I KNOW I burned more than that for sure.

That's the good news.

The bad news is today is a fasting day, and I almost made it without hardly going over my 500 cals....but I just had a taffy apple with nuts, so I'm 678 cals today.

Overall---I say WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CynthiaEvans
    CynthiaEvans Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job! It is so much work trying to get these stubborn pounds to go away! It is like the pounds are stuck like glue! So, with determination and consistent work we can do it! Some days or weeks are better than others but we keep at it and don't give up.
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well done for the epic mowing sweat-off!! yesterday my fast went to pot so I've moved it to Friday instead. Only made it to 5710 steps, but I'm snowed under with work so its difficult getting out and walking as much. Going out for a quick walk this evening to ensure my steps aren't nil, but feeling the pressure of work stopping me from being as active.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Great job! It is so much work trying to get these stubborn pounds to go away! It is like the pounds are stuck like glue! So, with determination and consistent work we can do it! Some days or weeks are better than others but we keep at it and don't give up.

Girl...I woke up this morning thinking the SAME thing...how HARD it is to get this ugly and unhealthy flab and fat off and most important keeping it off.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Well done for the epic mowing sweat-off!! yesterday my fast went to pot so I've moved it to Friday instead. Only made it to 5710 steps, but I'm snowed under with work so its difficult getting out and walking as much. Going out for a quick walk this evening to ensure my steps aren't nil, but feeling the pressure of work stopping me from being as active.

Honey 5710 steps is tremendous...I KNOW, because I know what it takes for me to get there and for you to have bumped it up something fierce like you're doing is nothing less than shero stuff and I'm proud you! Isn't it fabulous when we blow it...we can retry it the next day, I LOVE that! Also...hard as I'm trying NOT to count cals on my feasting days--I just HAVE to!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    6474 today!

So far my progress has been:
    Day1- 523
    Day2 - 1790
    Day3- 3417
    Day4- 4086
    Day5- 90
    Day6- 7809
    Day7- 5710
    Day8- 6474

Can't believe we've been doing this for over a week! Next week I'll be in Ireland and I'm sure my gran's Alsatian will help get the steps up! What you got planned for the weekend?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    6474 today!

So far my progress has been:
    Day1- 523
    Day2 - 1790
    Day3- 3417
    Day4- 4086
    Day5- 90
    Day6- 7809
    Day7- 5710
    Day8- 6474

Can't believe we've been doing this for over a week! Next week I'll be in Ireland and I'm sure my gran's Alsatian will help get the steps up! What you got planned for the weekend?

You are such a shero. Just think, before we started this, you hardly walked at all--now you're walking everyday and that gives me such joy and encouragement! This weekend, I'll be preparing the children's curriculum for the year...so, lots of organizing and paperwork.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Day 2

1 hour and 17 minutes of power walking today. The gang and I walked super FAST up to the lake (instead of driving) late this evening...we walked super fast. because we wanted to walk around the lake before dark...WOW! We cut thru a path that lead us half way around the lake--so instead of 2 miles, about a mile and a quarter or so around the lake and the walk to and from our house to the lake is 2 miles, so about 3 and quarter miles. Sweat is pouring from my head and I feel like a first class winner. 4867 steps today...and I though I was gonna be a bum today and get zero exercise--didn't make the 10,000 steps today but almost half is better than none--Hmmmph. WOOT!

Day 3:

1 hour and 37 minutes of walking. I starting to walk to the lake, got half way there...felt a wee rain drop and that was JUST the excuse I needed to not walk. The Lord had Mercy and had me get the car and drive up to the lake...I walked around 1 time, so about 3 miles thus far and 5518 steps. I was going to walk around the lake twice, but haven't had anything up a cup of coffee this morning and am feeling hungry, so my The Grace of God...I'll do some more walking this evening to make my 10,000 steps. Also my nano says I only burned: 258 cals NOT 363--I put down slow walking because MPF's cals burned at 3.5 miles was much higher. I didn't walk slow, a nice clip. Also...it didn't rain anymore ;p

Day 3 Continued:

Okay, just got back from my final walk for the day/night--trying to reach 10,000 steps today. Walked at a super brisk pace with my oldest teens--57 minutes for an additional 3409 steps. The nano says I only burned 165 cals NOT 300 something MFP says. total steps today=8927 steps today! NOT 10,000--but slowly but surely getting there:drinker:

Day 4

God is soooo GOOD! I walked to the library (about a mile) then around the lake (2 miles), then from the lake to the grocery store (about 1/2 mile) then at least 20 minutes shopping, then walked home another mile...at least 4 1/2 miles or more...total steps thus far: 8991 and cals burned: 428 walking non-stop for 2 hours 21 minutes--WOOT! I'll walk around the lake this evening too (God and weather permitted) so I'll definitely make 10,000 steps today----Praise GOD!!!! YAY!!! I'll update after my evening walk!

Day 4 Continued:

Okay final walk for today. Evening walk=3695 steps. 42 minutes walking briskly. Burned: 172 cals total today= 12,686 steps today and NANO cals= 600--WOOT!

Day 5...NO EXERCISE

DAY 6

Honey, let me tell YOU...today was a day a pure, unadulterated fat crying sessions like never before. I started by mowing the lawns to perfection and WOOOOO, talk about a fat crying session, I mowed the lawns for 45 minutes and was sweating like crazy! The Steps don't really show when I'm doing exercising completely...so though my total steps for today only show 8326 steps I KNOW in my heart and fat cells that I did make 10,000 steps if not more. Then after mowing I walked around the lake (2 miles--40+ minutes) rather briskly, and just got back in from a super brisk walk about the neighborhood, and again (about a mile, 20+ minutes)....I'm sweating like I stole something. The cals on my nano show 380...but I KNOW I burned more than that for sure.

That's the good news.

The bad news is today is a fasting day, and I almost made it without hardly going over my 500 cals....but I just had a taffy apple with nuts, so I'm 678 cals today.

Day 7

Walked around the lake twice: 1 hour and 20 minutes...7158 steps today! :smile: Not 10,000...but I was playing the bum all day today and didn't think I would do anything today--so, this is okay steps for/to me!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    that is still a lot of walking! I've been working all day today with no end in sight, but you've inspired me to get off my bum and go for a walk before it gets dark :) I'll take a super long route to the shop and try to get my steps over 5000 at least!!

Thank you so much for doing this with me :) I probably would have given up by now if it wasn't for your encouragement!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    that is still a lot of walking! I've been working all day today with no end in sight, but you've inspired me to get off my bum and go for a walk before it gets dark :) I'll take a super long route to the shop and try to get my steps over 5000 at least!!

Thank you so much for doing this with me :) I probably would have given up by now if it wasn't for your encouragement!

{{{{{ Lizz }}}}}}} Girl YES, that's the ticket! I sooooo wanted to stop after the round the lake....not because I was tired or unable, but just due to sheer unadulterated laziness/being slothful. Then I though about you and our challenge and didn't want to settle for 3500 one way gave me, so I did another. So the feeling is sooo mutual--you are a HUGE inspiration in my trying a wee bit harder in accomplishing this daily goal for sure! Also...I now see that if I take my spoiled tail around that lake THREE times...it will meet the 10,000 steps in one fail swoop---I've NEVER done three times around. Today it doesn't look like the weather will permit this--but it's on my mind, at least. Thank you for being you and for doing the HARD work it's going to take for us to enter into slim/trim-dom and more health. You ROCK! :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • lizz2013
    Options
    3586 steps today. Not amazing but I got out and got moving....all because of you :) ALL YOU!! What a great team we make!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    3586 steps today. Not amazing but I got out and got moving....all because of you :) ALL YOU!! What a great team we make!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Hugs and High Fives }}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I literally thank God for you friend! Tomorrow and this weekend, I'm going to start a "clean" 30 day with one of my Mfp sisters. So.....God willing, I'll make my fast day tomorrow and Sunday--back to back. Then for the next month, I'm going to try to not eat junky stuff for the next month.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Day 2

Day 3:

Day 3 Continued:

Day 4

Day 4 Continued:

Day 5...NO EXERCISE

DAY 6

That's the good news.

Day 7

Walked around the lake twice: 1 hour and 20 minutes...7158 steps today! :smile: Not 10,000...but I was playing the bum all day today and didn't think I would do anything today--so, this is okay steps for/to me!

Day 8

Today was a wimpy day...just 30 minutes walking. Total of 1747 steps today.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    best of luck on the double fast. I'm on the second day of a double fast and feeling good. I weighed in this morning and was tempted to have a normal day today as I'm still up a pound for the week :( (and I wanted to lose 2lbs this week!) but I know having another fast day is what I need. So I'll weigh again tomorrow morning and record that weight. We've got this!

Well done for the 30 minute walk. It is better than nothing and your body will thank you :) Today I have to walk to the gym to hand in my notice (or they'll charge me for an extra month) so that will help get my steps up as I HAVE to do that. Plus I have to go shopping so hopefully i'll log a good few steps.

Tomorrow I'll be on the bus for 6 hours so, but I have to walk to the bus station which will clock up a good few steps and then I'll go for a walk along the canal when I'm back home with my parents.still havent had a 10k day yet, but I'm sure I will next week as I won't have as much work on, plus I'll have a big Alsatian to walk :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Day 2

Day 3:

Day 3 Continued:

Day 4

Day 4 Continued:

Day 5...NO EXERCISE

DAY 6

That's the good news.

Day 7

Day 8

Day 9

Ohhhh....I soooo didn't keep me fast/nor make my goal of keeping it clean today AT ALL. I did do 8130 steps today though...I'm so sorry Lilly...I'll try again tomorrow. Daddy BBQed the most delicious farm raised and vegan fed lamb and Italian links and I was still eating junk even before that.
  • lizz2013
    Options

Day 2

Day 3:

Day 3 Continued:

Day 4

Day 4 Continued:

Day 5...NO EXERCISE

DAY 6

That's the good news.

Day 7

Day 8

Day 9

Ohhhh....I soooo didn't keep me fast/nor make my goal of keeping it clean today AT ALL. I did do 8130 steps today though...I'm so sorry Lilly...I'll try again tomorrow. Daddy BBQed the most delicious farm raised and vegan fed lamb and Italian links and I was still eating junk even before that.

8000 wow that is brilliant :) I didn't manage my second fast day either so I won't weigh in til next sat, but I'll do 2 good fast days this week, mon and Fri, so hopefully I won't gain again. I'm back to the weight I started at the beginning of this challenge which is sad. But time of the month is coming up so I should go down after that :)

Also, no Alsatian in Ireland so my walks won't be as long unfortunately. Oh well. Only walked 2143 on sat and 4491 on Sunday, but that was with 15kg of bags so I was exhausted and sweaty. I've decided not to cancel my gym and keep it for an extra month to shift some of this weight with the classes there. I'm nervous about going as I'm so out of shape and have got out of it for the last 6 months but I really need to do it now and it should increase my confidence etc. eek wish I had a gym buddy to go with!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

8000 wow that is brilliant :) I didn't manage my second fast day either so I won't weigh in til next sat, but I'll do 2 good fast days this week, mon and Fri, so hopefully I won't gain again. I'm back to the weight I started at the beginning of this challenge which is sad. But time of the month is coming up so I should go down after that :)

Also, no Alsatian in Ireland so my walks won't be as long unfortunately. Oh well. Only walked 2143 on sat and 4491 on Sunday, but that was with 15kg of bags so I was exhausted and sweaty. I've decided not to cancel my gym and keep it for an extra month to shift some of this weight with the classes there. I'm nervous about going as I'm so out of shape and have got out of it for the last 6 months but I really need to do it now and it should increase my confidence etc. eek wish I had a gym buddy to go with!

Thank you you beautiful winner you! I'm so proud of you for keeping your gym pass for a bit longer. You DO have a gym buddy to go with you...Me and The Lord--though we'll both be with you in spirit anyway :wink: :heart: :flowerforyou: :wink: :bigsmile:

Once again, I'm so thrilled we are doing this together and can share our victories and (temporary) defeats, honestly and without blame or shame. You ROCK!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Day 2

Day 3:

Day 3 Continued:

Day 4

Day 4 Continued:

Day 5...NO EXERCISE

DAY 6

That's the good news.

Day 7

Day 8

Day 9

Day 10

Had a wonderful Thai Dinner with the fam...the day started out kinda bummerish...I was feeling super grouchy--Aunt Flo must be on her way soon--UGH. 1158 Steps today. Also...my total was a wee bit over 500 cals today and the dinner was absolutely fabulous!!!!!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    sounds delicious. My total is often over 500 so I really need to keep an eye on that. I can't use my step app at the moment as the data usage will cost me a fortune, but only walked about 35 m in total so I doubt I reached very much. I'm guessing 3500 steps based on previous days. We only got the dog back this afternoon though so hopefully it will be more tomorrow and thursday and then in the evening I fly back so it'll be back to the gym routine and plenty of walking to and from the gym :) We are amazing for sticking with this :) 21 days to make a habit and we're about halfway there!!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    How are you doing? I'm walking as much as I can. Will work out how many steps I've done tomorrow and report back :) xxx