How much weight to lose?

malou1985
malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
Just wondering how much weight every one is on a mission to lose?

Replies

• malou1985
    I'd like to lose 100. So I'm trying to stay consistent. I've heard ppl lose so much weight initially, but I haven't lost as much as I thought I would
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    Everyone is different. I'm not a fast loser, even on Keto. My H lost 23lbs in 3 weeks, it took me two months to lose that much, and I have more to lose than he does. So frustrating.
  • malou1985
    My husband doesn't even try to lose weight, he'll drop 10 lbs just from summer being here. He's significantly thinner than me
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    I've lost 32 (over about 5 1/2 months), and I'm aiming to lose 48 more. I have found it pretty easy with keto way of eating. I don't struggle with hunger or cravings much. On those rare occasions, it's usually that time of the month. I hope that remains true for the duration. I feel good, have energy, etc.
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Though I have been as high as 202 in the past, I started keto at 167. I've literally never been "thin" or just a normal weight since I was a child, so I really don't know what my "goal" weight should be. I just don't have that reference point.

So far, I have lost 15 lbs in 2 months and I am really happy with how I feel physically (never hungry, lots of energy), mentally, and emotionally. I am focusing on not just the weight but my overall well-being. That being said, I feel like I have about another 15-20 lbs to lose. I've been working out and am adding weight training. I wanna have Michelle Obama arms!
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Also, I didn't lose a bunch at the beginning either. I've been a consistent loser (haha) this whole time. Everyone is different, and women have a lot of hormonal stuff at play that needs to even out in the first weeks-months of keto as your body starts healing itself.
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 173 Member
    I've got 100 lbs to lose. I've been at this since the second week of May and lost 12 pounds. I'm not hungry and at 2lbs a week that's a pretty healthy loss rate. Would I love to lose faster yes but that's how my body rolls.
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    d_dc_lady wrote: »
    Though I have been as high as 202 in the past, I started keto at 167. I've literally never been "thin" or just a normal weight since I was a child, so I really don't know what my "goal" weight should be. I just don't have that reference point.

So far, I have lost 15 lbs in 2 months and I am really happy with how I feel physically (never hungry, lots of energy), mentally, and emotionally. I am focusing on not just the weight but my overall well-being. That being said, I feel like I have about another 15-20 lbs to lose. I've been working out and am adding weight training. I wanna have Michelle Obama arms!

I feel the same - not sure what my goal weight will be, but I've set a target of 140 to start. The lowest I've been as an adult was 155. I felt good then, but bad habits/depression/life crept in and the weight came back on. 140 puts me in the range of healthy on the BMI charts, but we shall see what I look like/feel like. I try not to think about it. One step at a time. One day at a time. And, yes! Michelle Obama arms! and to do push-ups like her!
  • klaak
    klaak Posts: 47 Member
    My weight right now is approx 120 lbs and my goal is 110. I've been keto about 3 years. Initially lost about 25 lbs without exercise and I was at my ideal weight, still needed to tone but i know i needed to add weightlifting for that. After about a year and a half, 10 lbs came back on pretty suddenly. Still keto the entire time. I added extra cardio and weight lifting, noticed my body changing a teeny bit which was nice. It's been a struggle to keep up my workouts balancing work and then after I started my masters degree program last January. Now I'm about 5 lbs heavier than before. All that being said, I need to be diligent about my workouts and analyzing my food to see how to lose this extra weight. So would love to share and have accountability.
  • Kokodaready2020
    Kokodaready2020 Posts: 28 Member
    I'm down 18 KG, (40 pound) with another 5 - 7 KG (11 - 15 pound) to go..
  • cqdejavu
    cqdejavu Posts: 8 Member
    Lost 35kg (77lbs) in last 7/8 months, still need to loose 25kg (55lbs) to be at ideal weight as per BMI index. Im currently at same weight as I was at end of my highschool, I was obese since childhood.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    My original mission was 40lbs....but I think I'm going to up that to 45 or 50....

Sitting at 36lbs lost right now...Keto since Jan 1. I maintain a 500 calorie daily deficit, can't lose any weight with any diet type without a deficit.
  • zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    My mission is to loose 30 lbs. I loose weight at a very slow rate which usually demotivates me by month 3. I hope I can stick around long enough to see the 30 lbs gone. Good luck everyone :)
  • chiefkays
    chiefkays Posts: 24 Member
    I have too much weight to lose to think about setting a goal weight right now. So my next goal is fitness related. I want to get back to playing volleyball with my friends. I'm hoping I can get there by Labor Day.
  • d805
    d805 Posts: 103 Member
    My goal is to lose 40 lbs. I'm early in the game (Week 1), but down 2 pounds. Only 38 more to go. :)
  • chrissifreeman
    chrissifreeman Posts: 48 Member
    Started at 160.5 mid June

Currently 149.1

Goal: Maintain between 135-138
    25.5 Total to lose
    14.1 Left to lose