• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Missing early week weigh-ins from:

@heaz10 and @drea2011
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    The August thread is up and running for anyone continuing on with the Challenge. Pop over there at your earliest convenience and introduce yourself to our new team mates.
  • HASWLRS
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Under Challenge - July Week #3

Number of days at or under your calorie goal, with or without exercise:

7 - @abowersgirl
    7 - @cmhubbard92
    7 - @drea2011
    7 - @murdog3t
    6 - @annabananamc
    6 - @Nicoletime4me
    6 - @pkg1998
    5 - @Caronell
    4 - @ForLangston
    4 - @sandkp
    2 - @SHEFITT45
    2 - @susanpiper57
    2 - @swauters
    1 - @Jeaniece1
    1 - @LMK02020

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - July Week #3 (Sun the 14th to Sat the 20th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @cmhubbard92 (7) - 24th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!! A new record!!
    @drea2011 (7) - 9th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @murdog3t (7) - improved on her Notable Effort from last week to last in the Winner's Circle!!
    @abowersgirl (6) - 2nd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @annabananamc (6) - improved on her Notable Effort from last week to land in the Winner's Circle!!
    @pkg1998 (6) - didn't even attempt last week; this week lands in the Winner's Circle!! First time here, too, I think!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @Nicoletime4me (5) - puts in another Notable Effort!!
    @ForLangston (4) - puts in another Notable Effort!!
    @sandkp (4) - didn't even attempt last week; this week puts in a Notable Effort!!

Attempted:
    @Caronell (3)
    @susanpiper57 (2)
    @swauters (2)
    @Jeaniece1 (1)
    @SHEFITT45 (1)
    @LMK02020

We had 15 participate this week and six in the Winner's Circle, up one from last week. @cmhubbard92, @drea2011 and @abowersgirl were joined at the top this week by @murdog3t, @annabananamc and @pkg1998!! Congratulations to all six for an outstanding week!! Well done to Christine, Drea and Tami for being accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!! Of extra special note, Christine has set a new Mini Challenge record by being in the Winner's Circle for 24 weeks in a row and counting!! So very proud of your commitment and your hard work, Christine, over the past almost six months!!
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Mandy_tries_again Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS and tbbt thanks for the support. I honestly think I would've quit if I wasn't part of this group. I know I don't say much on here but I read the msgs. I use my phone and get booted a lot so that's why I don't send many msgs but I do appreciate the support and inspiration I get from being a part of this group. Thank you.
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Monday, 7/22
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 8 mile run
    Steps: 26,283

Tuesday, 7/23
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: No :(
    Exercise: 47 minute walk
    Steps: 13,820

I'm trying to get back on track this week. I have two weeks left of my summer vacation, and I find that I have more access to things like fast food and snacking when I'm off work, but it is also nice to be able to run in the morning. I was so proud of my run on Monday, I haven't done more than 6 miles since I was pregnant with my second son (who will be 1 on Saturday)! I felt strong, and didn't feel the need to walk, I just kept plugging away until I got it done.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I was so proud of my run on Monday, I haven't done more than 6 miles since I was pregnant with my second son (who will be 1 on Saturday)! I felt strong, and didn't feel the need to walk, I just kept plugging away until I got it done.

@susanpiper57, what a great fitness NSV!! Well done on your 8 mile run, Megan!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS and tbbt thanks for the support. I honestly think I would've quit if I wasn't part of this group. I know I don't say much on here but I read the msgs. I use my phone and get booted a lot so that's why I don't send many msgs but I do appreciate the support and inspiration I get from being a part of this group. Thank you.

@mirendybryant, so glad we could help! And you, by not quitting, have inspired us to keep going, even when things get really tough!! (hugs)
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,026 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - July Week #3 (Sun the 14th to Sat the 20th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @cmhubbard92 (7) - 24th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!! A new record!!
    @drea2011 (7) - 9th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @murdog3t (7) - improved on her Notable Effort from last week to last in the Winner's Circle!!
    @abowersgirl (6) - 2nd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @annabananamc (6) - improved on her Notable Effort from last week to land in the Winner's Circle!!
    @pkg1998 (6) - didn't even attempt last week; this week lands in the Winner's Circle!! First time here, too, I think!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @Nicoletime4me (5) - puts in another Notable Effort!!
    @ForLangston (4) - puts in another Notable Effort!!
    @sandkp (4) - didn't even attempt last week; this week puts in a Notable Effort!!

Attempted:
    @Caronell (3)
    @susanpiper57 (2)
    @swauters (2)
    @Jeaniece1 (1)
    @SHEFITT45 (1)
    @LMK02020

We had 15 participate this week and six in the Winner's Circle, up one from last week. @cmhubbard92, @drea2011 and @abowersgirl were joined at the top this week by @murdog3t, @annabananamc and @pkg1998!! Congratulations to all six for an outstanding week!! Well done to Christine, Drea and Tami for being accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!! Of extra special note, Christine has set a new Mini Challenge record by being in the Winner's Circle for 24 weeks in a row and counting!! So very proud of your commitment and your hard work, Christine, over the past almost six months!!

Thank you @HASWLRS I find that the mini challenge helps me stay on track. I have only had a few days where I haven't stayed under goal. I think publicly posting each day helps me remain accountable when I may want to reach for extra food/snacks! Thank you all for being such a supportive group!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    swauters wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    7/23
    Was run day but I slept in so decided to take a walk instead. I should have run. I let my inner lazy girl get me today.

@swauters - love that “inner lazy girl” lol. That’s a great way to put it and I hate it when she gets to me too (happened this morning). It’s great that you still did some activity even if it wasn’t as intense as you normal would like.

@pkg1998 I belong to a group led by Jill Angie called Not Your Average Runner. She is very motivating and inspiring. Jill talks about having an "inner mean girl" who says things like "you are too slow to be a real runner", "you look ridiculous in that running skirt" and "why even try this again". I think my girl is more lazy than mean. My girl says things like "I will go when it is cooler out", "my legs are already sore, so maybe a rest day is good." and "I will get up on the NEXT commercial break".

She nagged me again today but I told her where to go and then I did intervals for 3 miles :)
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    swauters wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    7/23
    tracked-yes
    Under yes
    Exercise yes
    Was run day but I slept in so decided to take a walk instead. I should have run. I let my inner lazy girl get me today.

@swauters, like Pam has said, at least you did something! So your inner girl wasn't completely lazy, just less than inspired!

@HASWLRS Oh, no... my inner lazy girl was completely lazy. I had to keep shoving her out of my way even on that slow walk.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,026 Member
    Options
    7/25/19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, 40 minutes elliptical

Today I finally saw a 40 pound loss on the scale(down another 0.7 from yesterday) so I decided to treat myself to a iced coffee(first time in a while!) No guilt, because I had room in my log for the day, and I still have extra there to play with if I wish! I was pretty happy with myself! Tomorrow is my day off, but planning on doing some yard work and whatnot!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Tracked, under, and yoga/over 10k steps
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Where's my Wednesday weigh-in crew?

@Branawesomer and @DreamAchiever33
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    PW: 217
    CW: 216.4

Next week will be better, but I expected this one to be a gain.
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    7/24/19 yes/yes/yes

I can feel the stress and weird sleep cycle + travel taking its toll on me, even though I've been logging, under calories and doing exercise (except for yesterday). I can feel the inflammation in my body, and I also have had more carbs lately so even tho' under cals they pudge me up. Post-menopausal life means every system is extra sensitive to stress of any type.

That being said, I am so grateful to be a part of this group because whatever the scale says tomorrow morning, without you all IT COULD BE SO MUCH WORSE. Here's the stressors I'm facing in July:

- husband moved to FL early 7/1
    - mom had major surgery - flew down to be with her for a week
    - getting ready to move about 1000 miles away, downsizing from 4/4 3-story house to 2/1 bungalow
    - teen son getting ready to go to college (registration, housing, insurance, PAY TUITION)
    - teen son wisdom teeth out (tomorrow)
    - HOA board (I'm President) seems to have at least 1-2 crisis weekly

and that's just the big stuff!

Thank you all for being a safe space for me to vent, and a great place for me to strive for a healthier life!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    PW: 217
    CW: 216.4

Next week will be better, but I expected this one to be a gain.

@heaz10, so if next week is going to be better than this one, then that will be two good weeks in a row!! Whenever you lose, but you expected to gain, you just say "thank you" and move on!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    7/24/19 yes/yes/yes

I can feel the stress and weird sleep cycle + travel taking its toll on me, even though I've been logging, under calories and doing exercise (except for yesterday). I can feel the inflammation in my body, and I also have had more carbs lately so even tho' under cals they pudge me up. Post-menopausal life means every system is extra sensitive to stress of any type.

That being said, I am so grateful to be a part of this group because whatever the scale says tomorrow morning, without you all IT COULD BE SO MUCH WORSE. Here's the stressors I'm facing in July:

- husband moved to FL early 7/1
    - mom had major surgery - flew down to be with her for a week
    - getting ready to move about 1000 miles away, downsizing from 4/4 3-story house to 2/1 bungalow
    - teen son getting ready to go to college (registration, housing, insurance, PAY TUITION)
    - teen son wisdom teeth out (tomorrow)
    - HOA board (I'm President) seems to have at least 1-2 crisis weekly

and that's just the big stuff!

Thank you all for being a safe space for me to vent, and a great place for me to strive for a healthier life!

@annabananamc, absolutely this is a safe space to vent or brag or whatever!! Moving is always stressful, so I can't even imagine a downsize move, 1000 miles away!! You are doing so well staying focused throughout all the big stuff this past month, and if we helped, even in the tiniest of ways, than I am happy for you!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    July 24
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 2 mile brisk walk)
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, 7/24/19

Tracking: Yes