TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello, team The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to July and a special welcome to the newcomers! Please take a moment to introduce yourselves to the team, and tell us a little bit about your goals for the month.

Hi, my name is Lisa, a long time member of team The Big Butt Theory, and I am your captain for July along with Pam, @pkg1998. I am 53, a Canadian living in Southwestern Ontario, married 27 years and have two grown sons.

Being involved with this group helps to at least keep my head above water, when I am struggling!! If you are struggling, it can help you, too. So, the more you interact, the more you will feel the team's support.

A little about this challenge.....it runs Sunday to Saturday. Post your weigh-in on this thread on your chosen weigh-in day. If you need to miss a weigh-in, let me know. If you forget to post a weigh-in, post as soon as you remember, up until Saturday evening. (I'd say Saturday at midnight, EDT, but I am not up that late!) Please post a weight even if you have gained. There is no judgement here, only support, and it happens to all of us at some point!! If you miss two weigh-ins, you will be removed from the month and will have to re-register for the next month if you wish to continue.

Yes, this is a weight loss challenge, but I would like you to think of it more as a support group. Sometimes, you can do all the right things, but the scale just doesn't move. If you have taken measurements you will be able to see that you are making progress, just not contributing to the team's weight loss. But we don't want you to despair, or leave, if this happens, thus the focus on the "support" aspect!

We are all here for the same reason....to lose weight and get healthy. Some days will go better than others....weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, after all!! But with the support of this team, and some hard work, we can all make it to the finish line!

Have a great July everyone!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello again, team TBBT. The July Challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday, June 30th, but I thought I'd give you some more information so that you can be ready to jump in with both feet! Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, June 30th!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Thanks for the welcome, I am so excited to join the challenge. I used to be fairly fit and exercised a lot - in my 30s and early 40s. I'm now 57 and have sort of lost my way. My stress eating, menopause, and workaholism coupled with raising a child and moving out of state have created the perfect storm the past 5 or 6 years and I am now 25lbs heavier and a LOT less healthy and fit.

I'm in process of moving back to FL from MD, becoming an empty nester, half-retiring (giving up one of my part time jobs) and resigning from several nonprofit boards.

And so, it's time to GET HEALTHY AND FIT so I can enjoy my years, travel and hike with my family, and live comfortably in the great outdoors. Here's a pic of us in Nepal last year:

jq2udqi162jp.jpg

and Norway this year:

kl21wkq9bvdv.jpg

Will be really nice to do this kind of thing without worrying I won't make it!

Challenges work really well for me in general, and I believe this one, and you people, will help nudge me back on course.

Cheers to all!

Ann
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @annabananamc, welcome, Ann! Wow, those pictures are very inspiring, especially the one in Norway with your hiking poles! It would be a sad day if you couldn't hike and explore in a beautiful place like this because you had let you fitness level fall off. I know for me, too, hiking is one of my favourite things to do on vacation. Here's hoping team TBBT can provide the little nudge you are looking for!!
  • pandygirl19
    pandygirl19 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, Looking forward to this challenge! Thank you for accepting me into your group!! I'm 56 years old and I've had a weight problem since I was a child! Thought about losing weight over the years, but never did anything about it.

I'm single and have no family for any kind of support and trying to do this alone has not been easy. Specially at my age!. Besides losing weight! My main goal is to change the way I think and to change the bad habits in regards to my relationship with food. Having the support and accountability on a daily basis to others will help me stay focused and accomplish this goal.

Want to enjoy life without being encumbered by my weight!! Have the freedom to go anywhere and do anything I want to do without worrying about will I be able to do it because of my mobility issues.

Thanks again! Have a great weekend y'all 😁
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Mikayla and my goal weight is 135lbs. I’m currently 167. I’ve been in this challenge for a while now but I just cant ever be consistent with my diet. I am consistent with working out... I just tend to eat excessively. I would love to have a healthy lifestyle I can maintain, so let’s hope July is the start of that.
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS Hi! Any possibility I can change my weigh in day to Saturday rather than Sunday for the new month? Thanks.
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Also...Words of introduction: I’m Lauren, 37 and a nanny of four kids, I’m off for the summer so I’m going to get back into daily exercise and healthier portion control and healthier eating !! No more excuses! Enjoy the weekend everyone 🙂🎉.
  • Caronell
    Caronell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, new to the group here. I'm Carrie, 43 years old, from the UK where I live in Shropshire with my partner and our two dogs.

I had breast cancer when I was 38 and since then, I've steadily gained 35ibs. I've always blamed chemo and ongoing hormone treatments which do make weight control hard, but in reality I've given into it and lost all my good habits. I'd like a breast reconstruction but I need to get back to my pre cancer weight for the surgeon to consider this. So, here I am!

I joined a 90 booze free challenge 6 weeks ago as alcohol is my undoing. It's going well. I've also reduced my calories and started working out. I feel the best I have felt in years but the scales are slow to show any progress. So I'm ramping it up a gear with IF and a carb reduction to see if I can make the needle move. Joining this challenge will keep me accountable on the days I feel like giving up.

I keep funny hours as I work long shifts in emergancy theatres, but I will try to participate in the mini challenge too.

Ohhhhhh, and almost forgot, I get married in November and want to look fabulous in my dress 😁

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Good morning everyone, Looking forward to this challenge! Thank you for accepting me into your group!! I'm 56 years old and I've had a weight problem since I was a child! Thought about losing weight over the years, but never did anything about it.

I'm single and have no family for any kind of support and trying to do this alone has not been easy. Specially at my age!. Besides losing weight! My main goal is to change the way I think and to change the bad habits in regards to my relationship with food. Having the support and accountability on a daily basis to others will help me stay focused and accomplish this goal.

Want to enjoy life without being encumbered by my weight!! Have the freedom to go anywhere and do anything I want to do without worrying about will I be able to do it because of my mobility issues.

Thanks again! Have a great weekend y'all 😁

@pandygirl19, welcome to team The Big Butt Theory!! You have a great "why"....why you want to lose weight and get healthy. Always keep that in the forefront of your mind!! Hoping we can provide the support and accountability you are looking for!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    Also...Words of introduction: I’m Lauren, 37 and a nanny of four kids, I’m off for the summer so I’m going to get back into daily exercise and healthier portion control and healthier eating !! No more excuses! Enjoy the weekend everyone 🙂🎉.

@LMK02020, what a perfect time to make yourself a priority and develop some good, healthy habits that will be firmly in place, and a part of your daily existence, once the fall rolls back around and you resume your nanny responsibilities!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Caronell wrote: »
    Hi folks, new to the group here. I'm Carrie, 43 years old, from the UK where I live in Shropshire with my partner and our two dogs.

I had breast cancer when I was 38 and since then, I've steadily gained 35ibs. I've always blamed chemo and ongoing hormone treatments which do make weight control hard, but in reality I've given into it and lost all my good habits. I'd like a breast reconstruction but I need to get back to my pre cancer weight for the surgeon to consider this. So, here I am!

I joined a 90 booze free challenge 6 weeks ago as alcohol is my undoing. It's going well. I've also reduced my calories and started working out. I feel the best I have felt in years but the scales are slow to show any progress. So I'm ramping it up a gear with IF and a carb reduction to see if I can make the needle move. Joining this challenge will keep me accountable on the days I feel like giving up.

I keep funny hours as I work long shifts in emergancy theatres, but I will try to participate in the mini challenge too.

Ohhhhhh, and almost forgot, I get married in November and want to look fabulous in my dress 😁

@Caronell, welcome, Carrie!! Wanting to lose weight for reconstruction surgery and to look fabulous in your wedding dress are two very good "whys"!! It sounds like you also have many weight loss tools in your tool chest, all ready to go. All you need now is the kick in the pants that being part of this group (hopefully) will provide!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Today is the first day of the July Challenge....are you ready to make it happen this month???
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    My name's Kris, I started my journey April 2016 and at 213lbs I was very self conscious and unhappy with how I felt about myself. Sooo, I finally decided to do something about it. I had heard allot about the keto diet and how easy it was to stay under calories (I had tried it all before so i thought.. Why not?) Over the next 2 years I took my time getting on the diet then off the diet, then on again and by the end of 2018 I was down to 185lbs. After that I took a turn for the better and started tracking my food religiously (MFP food logging became my crutch and that was ok by me) in conjunction with the keto lifestyle I finally found my groove.

Everyone here is wonderful and checking in daily has become a necessity for me. So welcome to all the newbies and I'm so excited to get a fresh perspective from you all and no matter if the scale is going up or down we are all here to support you.

My weight loss progress:

May 2016 Journey SW: 212
    July 2017: 200
    Nov 2018: 189
    2019(Note: When I started food logging):
    January SW: 185
    February SW: 175
    March SW: 168
    April SW: 162.6
    May SW: 161.8
    June SW: 159.7
    July SW: 155.6
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    June 29
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    Step: 1676
    Water: 88oz
    Rough day still in pain but getting better
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the welcome, I am so happy to be on such a supportive and encouraging team. Yesterday wasn't too bad, but I let workaholism and 'everyone-else-before-me-ism' get the best of me so no workout. Today I was determined not to let that happen. I went out for a very long walk AND I've been on target so far with food and tracking.

Anyone else tried the new Harry Potter game on their phone? It's like Ingress or Pokemon Go, and I am a little embarrassed to walk around my town staring at my phone playing a game, but it really does get me going further and longer on my walks!

Now to stay on target the rest of the day for a successful Day 1!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hello TBBT! I'm Christine, I'm 26 and live in Connecticut in the US. I have been involved in TBBT since February and am also participated in the Hogwarts weight loss challenge and the Game of Thrones challenge. I originally started my journey in November, and am down about 35lb since then. This challenge has helped me remain accountable and focused on creating better habits! I look forward to being on TBBT for another great month!
  • pandygirl19
    pandygirl19 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Marie, and new to TBBT! I'm 56! I live in Oklahoma, U.S. Looking forward to this challenge!!

Didn't know if we were to do our Stats today! But here they are!

June 30
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. (Walking 10 mins, aerobic 10 mins)

• Caronell
    Caronell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tracking : yes
    Calories : yes
    Exercise : yes (30 minutes running / 15 walking)
    Feeling really quite positive!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Hola/bonsoir/hello👋🏿 I’m a native Brooklyn-nite, NY but living in rural USA now amongst the 🦌 been a proud member of our group for a long time. Best group, lots of motivation, and sticking with it until I hit goal. 🏆looking forward to rocking with y’all this month.
This discussion has been closed.