TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hello TBBT team. I'm Shawnee and this is my second month here. I've done other challenges with Lisa and am so happy to be in this group with her leadership! I took the month of June (which was a crazy schedule) to challenge myself to join and stay connected here. While my weight loss wasnt what I wanted, I know that without the accountability, it would have been a gain. I will say upfront that July is going to be another challenging month for me.. the 4th of July (aka big cookout time) a family vacation, a 9 day- 3 state - 8 college visits trip with my kiddo pretty much wipes out the month. MY main goal for the month is to survive! I plan to try for the mini challenge daily even if I log as a no for the day. If I can survive this month, August will be my focus month. I am hoping that June and July logging and accountability will help me form those habits I need to be a success.

I also want to say upfront that I havent given back as much as I should in support and hope to work on that. Please know all the posts and support are read and appreciated... and its odd how reading post from others showing the support for someone else in the group can relay into feeling supported. So Thanks to all of the June TBBT teammates for that.

And now for me.. I'm a mom to 3 and have been busy like all of us but havent made myself the priority. I go through ups and downs of losing weight and the last time I had a good loss was 2015/16 when I was down to the 180s. I am resetting here and have short and longer term goals.. seeing onederland is my first goal (after getting thru July!) And longer term goal is to lose 50 by 50.. so I have almost 2 years to make that. I plan to set some other short term in there to make me feel like I am achieving things. The 50 isnt my final goal weight but I know I want to reevaluate at that point to see what/how my body feels before setting that.

(Oh.. sorry for the long post. when I actually have a second to type and think, I tend to go on and on.. I write like I talk!) 😏
    Good luck for a great July to all!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    6/30
    Mini challenge
    Tracked .. yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise: yes
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    6/29/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked Yes
    Under Yes
    Exercise Yes, 50 minutes walking

Goals for this week:
    • Gym M,T,W,F,S(work days)
    • Elliptical: 2 days 35min, 3 days 45+ minutes(MTWFS)
    • 64oz Water daily(minimum) S✔
    • Bedtime by 9:15 all nights but Wednesday and Saturday nights. Sat ✔
    • Pre-Pack gym bag and lunch each day this week. S✔
    • 10,000 daily step goal except for Sundays (I need to get better with this on my days off!) S(8,929)✔

My boyfriend and I went out for a late lunch and got burgers and fries, but I had just a sandwich this morning for breakfast, so I surprisingly stayed under for the day. It also helped that I chose better options for my the burger, so I didn't go nuts with the calories. And I still have room for my dove minis before I head to sleep! I'm going to bed later than planned tonight because I had to run out to the store and buy a new Fitbit charger. Silly me, I left mine at my boyfriends, which is too far for me to drive and get until later this week.
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    End of day update
    6/30/19
    Tracked - yes
    Under - yes (whew!)
    Exercise - yes, loooong walk and some gardening
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mini update:
    6/30
    Tracked: yes
    Under : ha ! No I’m starting my accountability with staying in my allowance tomorrow. Plus hormones make me want to just eat ice cream and frosting out of the container! I know I need to vacate the kitchen!!! 🙂
    Exercise: yes 3 mile hike and biked 2 hrs , 23.5 miles ( at least my stationary bike claims that’s what I did 🎉🎉)

• Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Friday
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, walked to the Rugby game instead of driving

Saturday
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, 1hr gym and Saturday shop and mooch

Sunday
    Tracking - yes
    Under calories - yes, even with homemade chicken satay!! :)
    Exercise - yes, 1hr gym and total house blitz
  • Caronell
    Caronell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    'Morning! Its a beautiful day here in Shropshire. I'm on nights from this evening until the weekend, so I plan to spend my day relaxing, maybe even fitting in an afternoon nap.

Today is my weigh in day. Do I post my data to here? Cxx
  • SHEFITT45
    SHEFITT45 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am from Buffalo,NY. I have gained 30 lbs that I need to lose, but I haven’t had the motivation to do it until now. I deal with a lot of chronic pain including migraines, and it is discouraging to always be in some type of pain and not able to workout. So, I’ve decided to try to push through the pain as best as I can and eat healthier to help aid in my weight loss. I will succeed in my weight loss journey!
    JUNE 30:
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    SW: 186.8
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Good Monday everyone (can’t say morning since we have members from overseas :smile: )

Sounds like we are having a great start to July’s challenge already. Love the introductions from all the new members and WELCOME to the best biggest loser challenge group (in my humble opinion). So much support on this team - doesn’t matter what you’re going through, if you post it here you will get support, encouragement, suggestions, probably more than you’d expect from a weight loss challenge.

I’m Pam from Southwest Louisiana and co-captain for the team. I do my best to try to support Lisa (@HASWLRS) with managing this incredible team, but frankly the team does such a good job supporting each other all Lisa and I do is enter weights into the spreadsheet :smiley: (and Lisa tracks the mini challenge, which itself is a challenge sometimes). I have 3 kids and the youngest is leaving in August for college so it will be just my husband and I. We have desires to take advantage of our time alone and I want to be healthier to be able to travel and be active like we were before kids.

Good luck to everyone and remember to post on here if you need any kind of support. This team will be there for you.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Sunday, 6/30/19

Tracking - yes
    Under - no (51 over which is actually good for a Sunday for me)
    Exercise - house cleaning (at least 20 mins, probably longer - nobody home but me so I took advantage to get some things done)

Sunday: No :o
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    6/30
    tracked: no
    under calories: ???
    activity: yes

Sun: no

So yesterday we went to a music festival on the Atlantic City beach. We went to check in and no one knew where our tickets were. They sent us all over the boardwalk on a wild goose hunt trying to find them - of course they were at the first booth we went to 🙄. Then we walked so many city blocks back and forth in the sand between stages. I woke up this morning and my legs were soooo sore. The area we were in was supposed to be catered but there was only ever chips and snack bars, so we basically didn’t eat all day. But there was an open bar, so all my calories were empty calories. This is what I meant in my introduction post about sabotaging.
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So glad to be back officially for July and excited to get going and make a dent on the scales and also for the team leaderboard ☺️
    I’m Coral, I’ve been part of TBBT since March and took a tech induced break in June which really highlighted how much of a support everyone here is.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS Hi! Any possibility I can change my weigh in day to Saturday rather than Sunday for the new month? Thanks.

@LMK02020, Lauren, your weigh-in day is now Saturday.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thank you all for the welcome, I am so happy to be on such a supportive and encouraging team. Yesterday wasn't too bad, but I let workaholism and 'everyone-else-before-me-ism' get the best of me so no workout. Today I was determined not to let that happen. I went out for a very long walk AND I've been on target so far with food and tracking.

Anyone else tried the new Harry Potter game on their phone? It's like Ingress or Pokemon Go, and I am a little embarrassed to walk around my town staring at my phone playing a game, but it really does get me going further and longer on my walks!

Now to stay on target the rest of the day for a successful Day 1!

@annabananamc, never heard of the Harry Potter game, but anything that gets you moving is not embarrassing in my books!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Marie, and new to TBBT! I'm 56! I live in Oklahoma, U.S. Looking forward to this challenge!!

Didn't know if we were to do our Stats today! But here they are!

June 30
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. (Walking 10 mins, aerobic 10 mins)

@pandygirl19, a perfect first day of the July Challenge!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Caronell wrote: »
    Tracking : yes
    Calories : yes
    Exercise : yes (30 minutes running / 15 walking)
    Feeling really quite positive!

@Caronell, also a perfect first day of the July Challenge!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    Hello TBBT team. I'm Shawnee and this is my second month here. I've done other challenges with Lisa and am so happy to be in this group with her leadership! I took the month of June (which was a crazy schedule) to challenge myself to join and stay connected here. While my weight loss wasnt what I wanted, I know that without the accountability, it would have been a gain. I will say upfront that July is going to be another challenging month for me.. the 4th of July (aka big cookout time) a family vacation, a 9 day- 3 state - 8 college visits trip with my kiddo pretty much wipes out the month. MY main goal for the month is to survive! I plan to try for the mini challenge daily even if I log as a no for the day. If I can survive this month, August will be my focus month. I am hoping that June and July logging and accountability will help me form those habits I need to be a success.

I also want to say upfront that I havent given back as much as I should in support and hope to work on that. Please know all the posts and support are read and appreciated... and its odd how reading post from others showing the support for someone else in the group can relay into feeling supported. So Thanks to all of the June TBBT teammates for that.

And now for me.. I'm a mom to 3 and have been busy like all of us but havent made myself the priority. I go through ups and downs of losing weight and the last time I had a good loss was 2015/16 when I was down to the 180s. I am resetting here and have short and longer term goals.. seeing onederland is my first goal (after getting thru July!) And longer term goal is to lose 50 by 50.. so I have almost 2 years to make that. I plan to set some other short term in there to make me feel like I am achieving things. The 50 isnt my final goal weight but I know I want to reevaluate at that point to see what/how my body feels before setting that.

(Oh.. sorry for the long post. when I actually have a second to type and think, I tend to go on and on.. I write like I talk!) 😏
    Good luck for a great July to all!

@sandkp, loving your mindset, Shawnee. You know that July is going to be tough, so you are just going to do your best to not gain weight, but to gain the formation of valuable habits!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Caronell wrote: »
    'Morning! Its a beautiful day here in Shropshire. I'm on nights from this evening until the weekend, so I plan to spend my day relaxing, maybe even fitting in an afternoon nap.

Today is my weigh in day. Do I post my data to here? Cxx

@Caronell, yes you do....post away!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    6/29/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked Yes
    Under Yes
    Exercise Yes, 50 minutes walking

Goals for this week:
    • Gym M,T,W,F,S(work days)
    • Elliptical: 2 days 35min, 3 days 45+ minutes(MTWFS)
    • 64oz Water daily(minimum) S✔
    • Bedtime by 9:15 all nights but Wednesday and Saturday nights. Sat ✔
    • Pre-Pack gym bag and lunch each day this week. S✔
    • 10,000 daily step goal except for Sundays (I need to get better with this on my days off!) S(8,929)✔

My boyfriend and I went out for a late lunch and got burgers and fries, but I had just a sandwich this morning for breakfast, so I surprisingly stayed under for the day. It also helped that I chose better options for my the burger, so I didn't go nuts with the calories. And I still have room for my dove minis before I head to sleep! I'm going to bed later than planned tonight because I had to run out to the store and buy a new Fitbit charger. Silly me, I left mine at my boyfriends, which is too far for me to drive and get until later this week.

@cmhubbard92, just goes to show that with some careful pre-planning, paired with some sound decision making on the fly, we can have our burger and fries and still be on target to lose weight!! Well done!!
This discussion has been closed.