WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    Well done @offitgoes and @leni1us !

I just took one of @Navydaddjtc 's recommendations and used an album from Fearless Motivation (Headphones On World Off) to kick my workout into gear. I am usually not a huge fan of the there-must-be-pain images, but these tunes are really inspiring and I must say, got me thinking about more than just my workout. I listened to it free on spotify, but it's available anywhere if you need some help sticking with it, living the commitments, and just having a great beat to do those reps, steps, or pedalling. Check it out!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Well done @offitgoes and @leni1us !

I just took one of @Navydaddjtc 's recommendations and used an album from Fearless Motivation (Headphones On World Off) to kick my workout into gear. I am usually not a huge fan of the there-must-be-pain images, but these tunes are really inspiring and I must say, got me thinking about more than just my workout. I listened to it free on spotify, but it's available anywhere if you need some help sticking with it, living the commitments, and just having a great beat to do those reps, steps, or pedalling. Check it out!

will do!

Overall impression of progress on Meeting-daily-markers-for-my-week-long-goals so far ....

Logged food Mon and Tues (pre-logged most of today including most-likely supper)

- Monday was over Maintenance for intake BUT didn't eat back 368 calories worth of total available exercise and Fitbit adjustment calories I COULD have - Steps posted. Showed nice drop on Tuesday morning weigh-in.

- Tuesday was UNDER Maintenance for intake, even BEFORE allowing for lots of available exercise and Fitbit adjustment calories I COULD have eaten, but didn't. Inner edge of knee was sore (not bruised or swollen, don't know why unless because of lots of (short-segment) biking on the weekend when I hadn't done any biking at all for so long - topped off by mega-step-count on Monday). So I only had the one 5-minute bike session before work, and an hour on the mini-trampoline so still a very respectable step count of over 18,000 by bed time. I will post the exact number from home; I can't "look back" for step counts without the dashboard display on my tablet. Showed another very nice drop for this morning's weigh-in as well.

- Didn't do 5-minute bike this morning; knee was fine when I got up but starting to feel it by lunchtime. So may have to rethink this degree of biking thing, especially now that I am back to also doing stepping more like I used to. Step count is respectable for a workday so far.

I am not sure I will end up at my original Green Goal target (given the post-last-Friday lazy-weekend spike that is currently correcting ... so MORE than 2 pounds still to go .... ) but I will leave the recorded goal as is, and just see where a Monday-to-Friday of PROPERLY logging / eating / exercising leaves me.

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    OK, just in case you missed it ---

LAST CHANCE! GET THOSE WEIGH-INS DONE BEFORE MIDNIGHT, AND ONLY THEN SNOOZE!

@SueSueDio

It's still before midnight here... ;)

I don't recall what my last weight was, but this morning I was 161lbs. I think that's about the same?

Soooo hard to get back into the groove.

@jugar I looked at the spreadsheets for the first time today, and noticed that I'm down as "NWI" for the first week, July 6. I did post on the 6th (161lbs), but it was at 10:52pm MDT so maybe counts as "late" as far as you're concerned? It wasn't "missed", though! :)
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    I've kind of been doing it quietly - I set four for each day this week:

1. Walk every day (inside or out) for at least 10-15 minutes.
    (Yesterday 45m, today 52m)
    2. Drink at least 4 cups of water per day.
    (Achieved yesterday, on track for today.)
    3. Stay under maintenance calories, try for a deficit.
    (I've been struggling with staying under maintenance. Yesterday I finished just a few calories over my deficit goal, today hopefully I'll succeed as well. I'm not adding exercise calories from my walks as that will just tempt me to eat more, but I'll have an extra snack if I really need something.)
    4. Self-care - do something fun (not "useful") every day.
    (Achieved on both days so far. :) )

Walking and fun stuff done, on track with water and calories today too. :) (And my weight has been down a little... I'm hoping it holds (or drops more) until the weekend and doesn't go up again before my weigh in! ;) )
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    I did not join the challenge, but here are my goals, they are the same goals every week..

1 Make my calories goal.. Average daily deficit 500 to 1000.
    2 Move calories > 400 per day on Apple Watch
    3 No alcohol
    4 Close stand ring on Apple Watch, at least 12 hours.

Most weeks something keeps me from making move goal every day, but I’m pretty consistent these days with others.

I also have 3 month Smart goals. First two are more outcome, 3rd is more process.

1. Get to 155 pounds
    2. Lose 1 inch off waist.
    3. 120 mins per week on average HIIT.

I’ll make the first 2. Think the third is unrealistic right now.

I agree that 120 minutes per week for HIIT is unrealistic - if you're really doing the high intensity, 12-15 minutes per workout is plenty to start with, 6 days a week. Even less than that can be effective, and it is doable. @BMcC9 has been doing 5 minute sessions and it seems to be helping, so you should revise that goal to make it attainable. The others are great!

Thanks! Yes I had hoped to do 20 minutes per day, six days a week. And toss in the occasional orangetheory which is 60 mins per class. But no time for Orangetheory.. getting about 40 per week on HIIT bike per week right now.. That’s probably about what I’ll be able to do this quarter.
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar I looked at the spreadsheets for the first time today, and noticed that I'm down as "NWI" for the first week, July 6. I did post on the 6th (161lbs), but it was at 10:52pm MDT so maybe counts as "late" as far as you're concerned? It wasn't "missed", though! :)
    Thanks for checking! I had missed it - it is best if you put the weigh in right on top of the message, with no quote or prefatory remarks. What I do on tally mornings is search for any I did not have the night before by "author", and they appear as a list. So if the weigh-in is not right on top of the message, sometimes I think it is just a "normal" message. Sorry about that! In any case, unless you have 2 NWI in a row and no general posting at all, you would not be dropped. But I have fixed it up in any case. Not a blemish on your record!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP for THURSDAY weigh-ins:
    @Cory 17
    @Blackbeautysue

Today's still due:
    @Fourathomej
    @karenesg

And still hoping for Monday's
    @Flawless_K

Thanks!
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Thanks for checking! I had missed it - it is best if you put the weigh in right on top of the message, with no quote or prefatory remarks. What I do on tally mornings is search for any I did not have the night before by "author", and they appear as a list. So if the weigh-in is not right on top of the message, sometimes I think it is just a "normal" message. Sorry about that! In any case, unless you have 2 NWI in a row and no general posting at all, you would not be dropped. But I have fixed it up in any case. Not a blemish on your record!

Fair enough, and thank you! I'll try to remember the format next time. :)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Steps for Tues 18641
    Steps for today 10027
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    Options
    fourathomej
    Weigh day Wed
    PW: 148.5
    CW: 148.2
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Steps for Wednesday: 14751
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/23~10,408
    7/24~10,950
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the scale will say tomorrow. I had some good days and some not so good days this week. I'm starting a new exercise class on Monday. That should help focus me and get the needle moving in the right direction.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    STEPS:
    7/23 - 16801
    7/24 - 15944

Well it was such an over cast first week on vacay...and now its a sweltering second week. The lake is so warm...kids are loving it. I am a bit. Ever since Chemo...I have a tough time tolerating the heat for long periods. Will try harder to just enjoy..
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Bah... my weight was down yesterday, and it's back up today! On the plus side, I've been managing a small deficit for the most part so I hope the scale might reward me come weigh-in day... ;)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    p0gn19ugkgzv.jpeg
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP! Friday crazy big weigh-in day:
    @Connie7355
    @jlbtnc
    @Jugar
    @AmyRobF