This July I Will...

Options
124»

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,773 Member
    Options
    Well, I’ve only completed half my July goal in the batch cooking area. However, I finished my Regency Spenser and spent the weekend at Costume College. 5y5g3rlc1yid.jpeg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    Options
    Cooked at home 7/15 thru 7/29 (15 days)
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋 (13)

With 2 meals our: dinner with family 7/27 & a friend’s bday lunch 7/29. Tracked all. Didn’t feel well after either meal. I’m used to simpler, healthier fare now.

Deficit for 7/15-7/29: 3,268 calories

I increased my steps over the past week & even more over the past 4 days. Declared myself well at 6-week mark🥺 Hit>10K daily avg the past 4 days. It’s so much easier to exercise when you are not sick!

Making art every day still, but have made cooking at home & getting back to gym my emphasis going forwards. I’m just going to have to be efficient. :)

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    @77tes Love your costume! What fun!!!

@MadisonMolly2017 I had company over the weekend and granddaughter all this week so my eating is off and I feel really cruddy! I’m glad you’re feeling better, and congrats on logging in spite of the change in routine. I have not fared as well😠
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    @77tes, What a fun way to celebrate your daughter's birthday - painting together with friends. That is awesome how all the paintings are similar but different! . I really like yours!
    I love your Regency Spenser costume that you sewed! So very lovely!!

@themedalist, I am proud of you for how you are handling the difficulties that are inevitable when a family member has a health crisis. I especially like what you wrote: "I've learned I can choose not to follow every thought that pops into my head. And to stay focused on enjoying the present moment. I'm not worried about my Dad per se, as worrying has zero impact on my Dad's recovery." . You are truly living what you are learning and an awesome example. Continued prayers for your Dad's recovery and for you and your family.

@jan110144, I like your approach to housekeeping. It sort of reminds me of what 'FlyLady' taught me years ago. Good idea adding a " 'me' item" this month.

@nebslp, your trip and your summer now that you are back at home have been full and awesome!

@MadisonMolly2017, I love reading about your art endeavors.

@PackerFanInGB, meal planning is a great goal. My evenings go so much better when I plan my husband's dinners for the week and buy what is needed. When I slack off I pay for it with the added stress of trying to wing it.

I have been off the computer a lot this month, so I'm just going to copy what I wrote for the Walk at Home group that I'm in:

"July has been a busy month in many ways. Mostly good, but also some challenging moments. The most difficult one being something going on with the outer left side of my knee, starting the last week in June, especially while doing my Walk DVDs. It was hurting, but not enough to see a doctor, but definitely enough to slow me down and cause pain, which makes me feel less than stable.

So I began using my hinged knee brace from an old work injury from many years ago. That gave me stability in the knee, and really helped with the pain management. Also I did the usual elevating with ice packs while binging some on NetFlix 🤩.

I was determined to remain active, but not actually causing more injury to my knee to the point of having to go to a doctor, while allowing it to heal and hopefully avoiding it becoming worse. So every day I purposely did things but not the walk/ exercise DVDs or extended fitness walking on the concrete streets.
    "

I was tracking my sleep time in my calendar, and for the first half of July. More often than not, I was in bed by 11 p.m. or at least by midnight. But the past week and a half it has been later. Not as late as I used to do but still after midnight by at least 30 minutes or so. Tonight will be later as I want to get caught up on some computer things for July, and my husband had a very late work evening.

Hugs, y'all.

🌺🤠💝
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    Options
    @texasgardnr
    I hope your knee is on the mend!

Thank you for your kind words!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,773 Member
    Options
    I'm running a little late for my July goal, but I did another batch cooking session, and added to my stash in the freezer. I'm hoping to make another batch tomorrow and catch up with my July goal.