Monthly Post July 2019

KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,515 Member
I can't believe it is July! Here we go, folks!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    I am trying to decide if I am going to fast today or tomorrow. I am thinking about Tuesday and Saturday for this week. I hope everyone has a great week!
    To all the Canadians, Happy Canada Day!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,953 Member
    Good morning gang!

Sorry for missing in action the last few days! LOL Still catching up on posts, but two quick things!

Congrats on your loss, @KateNkognito!! Way to go girl!

Happy Canada Day @mamainthekitchen! Woo hoo!

The last few days of the work week and today have been CrAzY! Can't tell you how many times I have tried to post, but closed out - too nuts LOL.

Weekend was awesome. Really nice weather. Few crazy storms came through yesterday that knocked some trees and power lines down but we weren't really affected thankfully!

Today is a lighter day woo hoo! Got my salad made for today and Wednesday. Then we have Independence Day on July 4th for us crazy Americans. Looking forward to having a few days off. Office closed on Thursday and vacation day scheduled for Friday.

Have a great day and will check in soon. :smiley:
  • KateNkognito
    So, today is fast day. I will also get one in on Saturday. This week is busy!

@Meghan509 I hope things at work calm down. Glad you had such a nice weekend!

@mamainthekitchen I hope you are doing well and you had a nice day yesterday.

My husband has to work on the 4th, but the city is doing the fireworks display on the 5th, so we are moving our celebration/party to Friday. It isn't very big, just a few folks, but it is lots of fun. The downside is that I have to get my homework done early and get the house clean! SO, off to the store, then homework, then clean! Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Hi guys!

Been sitting on this page since 9:30am Easter, trying to type something but one of those crazy days!

Hi @KateNkognito sorry about hubby having to work, but the 5th can be just as fun too! LOL Enjoy!

Our city fireworks on are the night of the 3rd. We may or may not go. Undecided. They are nice and fun and the weather should be good. But it means a big ole hairy traffic mess to get out of there, so we shall see. Might be a night to do something else. :)

Yesterday went well. Stuck to my lower calories. Similar planned for today and tomorrow. Missed the gym last night as I had an MD appt. Still trying to get the bottom of this hip pain.

See you all soon. Have a good one!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Nothing much to report here. It looks like Kate and Mama had good results last week...congrats!

Hope you've got that hip managed Meghan...ouch.

Everyone enjoy the holiday (if you're in the states.)

Rus
  • Meghan509
    Yo, yo, yo! Can you tell I am thrilled that I am off tomorrow and Friday!!?? Weather is looking good so far. I see beach days in our future.

How's the gang doing?! Nice to see you @orlcam :smiley: Hope you have a nice holiday too. Lite beers and BBQ type fare will definitely be consumed in these parts. :smile:

Thanks. Got an MRI done on my pelvis. My Dr is currently out on maternity leave until September, when I see her again. So not sure when I will get results. The office as it is is a little slow about returning calls. :o

Hope everybody is good. Will pop back around soon to check in on you all.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Whew! Hellooo! Sorry for the quiet on the western front! My husband had a partial knee replacement surgery yesterday!! Finally, this is knee #2!.... #1 done last year! I now have him back home (only one night in hospital). and he’s walking with a walker but as a friend of mine asked, I had to laugh... ““is it a regular partial knee replacement? or a male partial knee replacement?? Just curious”” ;) bahahaha sorry @Orlcam, ... but that did, and still, cracks me up!!

Canada day was actually a day of gardening and getting chores done before the surgery, so I was busy as a bee! Yesterday was an absolute right off healthy eating wise!! Ate an entire “_______ ___” and drank half a “____” plus polished off “____ & ______” yadda yadda....then stayed up till 1am watching a movie on Netflix!! Logged ‘most’of the damage and this morning I needed peanut butter toast at 6:30am so I didn’t look so hung over picking up my husband from the hospital or they could have admitted me just from my looks! Oh, and only put in a 10hr fast so not really a fast!! Also, my daughter lectured me yesterday on keto!!!!! Which only reminded me I still had frozen keto fudge in the freezer to devour too!! Ya, well yes, I’m an adult! *Sigh*

Tonight’s dinner is a chicken stir fry over cauliflower rice! Then I think I need to get to sleep early and work out in the morning! No walk or weights today either!

Happy July 4th my American pals!! Sorry to any new people checking out our little 5:2 forum for the first time who were looking for insightful comments about the 5:2 way of eating!!! Stay tuned....
  • KateNkognito
    @mamainthekitchen You crack me up! I hope your husband feels better! You got this!

@Meghan509 I hope you hear back from them soon! You can always call and ask them to send you the report.

@orlcam Nice to "see" you!

I haven't gotten nearly enough done this week, so off to scamper around like a busy squirrel!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Hi people!

Well I’m 3 days in on sleeping on a couch! (So I don’t accidentally kick the husband in his new knee). Con: sore body....Pro: 65” tv! :D

Well I’ve had some time to recoup after my fallout/off of that keto wagon train. The daughter thinks it’s not a good idea. In her opinion, if you’re avoiding foods that allow your pancreas to do it’s job, it’ll be out of work and will get lazy, and continued prolonged laziness is not good for any organ as it will forget how to do it’s job; like producing & utilizing insulin and therefore may actually cause diabetes! So enough of that! I was also reminded that the diabetic son still needs some complex carbs... quinoa, farro, whole-wheat bread throughout the week to keep his pancreas working as he is not yet on insulin. She had some interesting thoughts!

When I really think about it, I was really missing fruit, my grainy oatmeal and occasional dried apricots.... then I started thinking about the Mediterranean diet..? Then I thought of 5:2. And here I am back to where I started! I can eat nuts, fruit, meat, olives, cheese & whole grains, and do this all on 5:2!!
    Easy Peasy.

Meghan, I hope you are having a really great break with your days off and long weekend! I hope your hip feels the summer sun!!

Hope you all enjoyed your 4th of July celebrations in style!

Kate, are you still going to have a fast day tomorrow? And weigh too? After my week, I should be up!!!

Sorry my posts are so long lately!!

• KateNkognito
    This has been such a strange week. Here and there and a holiday and homework and errands and a bit of illness... haven't fasted, haven't eaten particularly well, but not terribly. Will see what the final judgement of the scale says tomorrow. Right now I am going back to bed. Terrible headache. Have a good rest of the weekend!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Strange is right kate! Hope your headache didn’t last too long!!

I’m planning on getting right back into the true 5:2 asatwio! “As soon as the weekend is over”!!

If I can do keto plus 18:6...... 5:2 is definitely doable!! :#
  • KateNkognito
    You go, Mama! I have looked at keto lately. I even tried it for a few days. It just isn't for me. I felt awful. But, I know people that it works wonders for. I just need to get into fasting regularly and getting more movement in. I have noticed that my resting heart rate is up and I can feel my blood pressure and blood sugar are higher than they have been.
    The plan this week is fasting Monday and Thursday, and getting to the pool at least one of those days. I went for a mile walk the other day, just to see what my time was. It was so hot that we had to stop at the snow cone place 2/3 of the way through! The dog got his for free! LOL I will try again at the end of the week when it is cooler. Today is supposed to feel over 100F (38C)!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Yup I’m gearing up for some serious 5:2ing this week! I’ve enjoyed the weekend eating some of my favorites again like my seeds & oatmeal around noon or 1pm for my first meal. That dish certainly fills you up all day! A hodge podge of stuff is in the works for dinner tonight, and a bit of red wine then I’ll do a fast on Monday & Thursday with you Kate! 500 cals for the day!!! What are your choices that help you be successful??? I’m going to check out my food diary from nov-feb 2015-16!!! I had no problem back then! I remember a lot of bagged coleslaw with sriracha mayo and chicken!! Which I haven’t had in forever!!

Meghan I hope you’ve had a terrific long weekend!!!

Kate I can’t believe how hot you’ve got it.... yikes, I’d be walking loops inside a mall in those temps!! Your dog must’ve loved the snow cone!! Awww!
  • KateNkognito
    Today is going to be busy! I have to run errands, dog to the vet, do homework, and then a meeting this evening. It should make fasting much easier, as long as I stay out of the drive thru!
    Mama, I love Hormel snack packs. There are ones with meat, cheese, and a "dessert" and ones with a tortilla roll. I like the bagged chopped salad mixes, too. One of them is buffalo ranch and it is SPICY and makes me feel full. I add an ounce or two of chicken to half a bag and it is super filling and low cal. Happy fasting today!
    Meghan, haven't "seen" you in a while. Hope you are doing well and your hip feels better!
    Off to the races! Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Hi guys!

Sorry I wasn't able to check in over the long weekend. Where the heck did the time go!? Jeepers!

We pretty much were lazy beach bums Thursday through Sunday, with the exception of Saturday when we made plans with friends. Went over there house and had a lot of fun. Saturday the weather reports had said rain and thunderstorms - well not in our neck of the woods! Just HOT! July 4 was relaxing and really nice weather. It was nice to chill out.

I am feeling so so health wise. Going to hit the gym after work. Need to get the joints moving. Sitting in a beach chair on my rear end is nice but not ideal for a bum hip. LOL

No MRI results yet, but I am planning to give them a call this week. If not, I have a physical therapy appointment scheduled for this Thursday so I can ask her what they said. She gets a copy of the results too.

@mamainthekitchen hope your husband is doing well! Yes, back on track this week for me too. Time to stop BSing!

@KateNkognito hope you are feeling better. Wow! stay cool! A doggie snow cone sounds so cute!

Back on track for me too. No excuses - no travel plans, no holidays until early September, no reason not to eat healthy and get to the gym. One day at a time. Let's go!!

Good lower calorie day on track for me today. Got salad for lunch today. Planning to hit the gym after work tonight. :) See you guys soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Hi all!

Today I’m no longer doing keto or 18:6, I’m doing 5:2 like the heading of the post says :p I’ve already done a 42 min walk on the *kitten* and having shreddies with almond milk... not sure about dinner yet, prob salad.

Meghan glad you had a great weekend! Crossed fingers here for you with thatMRI!

Kate that’s a good idea on your snacks... I would never think of buying those... I’d probably just cut cheese and buy the meat separately!?

Hope all has good day I’m heading in to do gardening at the folks and hope I get time for my weight workout too.. check back after!!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

Good for you, @mamainthekitchen I am pretty much doing the same as you, just a little higher than the 500 calories. I find that is more doable for me.

Hi @KateNkognito Hi @orlcam :smiley:

We went to the gym last night and had a great walk on the treadmill! Still taking it easier than before and not going too high on the incline - not good for the hips.

Had a good day yesterday and stayed within my calorie goals and didn't nibble. :)

Planning a normal day 1200-1500 with some exercise tonight. Going to try and have some oatmeal before I lose my chance. Almost 10:00am here and the girls come down stairs for lunch around 12:30pm. Probably doesn't make sense sigh... :)

Going to run for now. See you all soon. Have a GREAT day!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    ^^ *kitten* = d y k e !! A taboo word I suppose... it’s a pathway on top of mound of gravel to protect farms & housing community from rising ocean water!!! Geez!

I’ve been awake since 4:30 PST!! Have a whopping headache.... sudden drop in calories maybe? Idk, was suppose to work out this morning but I don’t know... I’ll check back in later! Ughhh!

Meg: plain oatmeal ? or do you add seeds & stuff ?.... laying here wondering, ya, that’s my day so far!
  • KateNkognito
    @mamainthekitchen Where exactly were you walking that it bleeped it out? LOL I hope your fast day was good! I buy the snack packs because I am the only one that eats them and I don't end up throwing away anything. Plus, if I buy my stuff in special packs, I can tell all the teenage boys in my house that they are MINE! You wouldn't believe how many times I get them off to school and start to pack my lunch and there is nothing for me. :/

@Meghan509 Glad you had such a nice weekend! Hope you get your results back and you can get some answers. I would love to spend a weekend at the beach relaxing. It sounds wonderful! So jealous!

Yesterday was a good fast day. Today I am going to be sensible. I have a list of things to do and I am not getting them done sitting here. Have a great week!
  • HM2206
    HM2206 Posts: 174 Member
    New here!

I've been doing 5:2 a few weeks now and I am so happy with it! Finally I have found a way that works well for me.

This morning I tried on some old skirts that are too small and I was planning to sell on eBay, but now they fit! There is no better feeling :)

Vacation is going to be a little tricky though, but my bf is a fan of fasting too, perhaps I can get him to join.