Monthly Post July 2019

Options

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Hey @orlcam so glad to hear everything turned out okay. The Northeast sends hugs. :) I have family down in FL on both coasts so when I hear of storms / hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. it hits home for me. I have seen what those nasty storms can do and it is not cool.
    I am hoping more people come join us and as you say stick around. I love your tdee/bmr calculator and I have used it a lot. Probably due for another check as I am not 100% sure of my exact weight. Lately I have banished the scale from my life. Need to get back to reality and out of denial and just weigh. I have a love hate with the scale. If I don't know the number then I won't stress or get upset over it. That is an issue I am dealing with lately. :(

The weather has been hot and really humid here the past few days. Storms coming through often and sorta drizzly and overcast at the moment. Starting today through Sunday night we are due for a major heat wave with a high heat index. We are planning to head to the beach with lots of SPF, water, and our trusty umbrella. If it gets too hot we jump in the water. Got to stay cool. :)

Had a great week of clean eating! Didn't get to the gym after work last night as I did have a hair appt. But ate well. My colleague and I had sushi for lunch yesterday and I had a few rolls and didn't over do it. Today there is a cake for her before she leaves. Planning to have a tiny piece.

Hope everybody is doing well and is having a good week. Will plan on checking in again soon. Have a nice weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Where did this week go!? I am getting my to do list for this week done. Then I will have two weeks "off" before I have in-service and back to school stuff.

@orlcam Glad you all were safe and sound! I hear you about having trouble with getting back to fasting. I have trouble when I am home with the teenage boys all summer and they are chowing down all the time. I hope you and your wife can find a good balance soon.

@meghan509 Enjoy the beach! You will be getting the heat and awfulness that we have had the last few days. I don't mind sending it away at all! LOL

Have a great weekend, all! To those that are lurking, come chat with us! We are very nice! :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Sorry a little lapse in time management lately!!! I don’t know where this week went! Well I was out for lunch a couple of times.. then tons of yard work & the usual cleaning stuff! My dog also stepped in a hornet the other day.... I’m pretty sure she was stung as she shook her leg with a fearful look on her face and kept her leg up in air!! I grabbed her leg thinking she had a rock or bramble in her paw but NO! It was a hornet! Swatted that thing away and poured her cold water on her paw.. about an hour later she seemed fine!? But I was a wreck!

I’ve been trying to watch what I eat but I’m getting a tad out of control with the dark chocolate & red wine!! I don’t know what’s happened.... but my brain is confused and thinks I can eat both of those as main food groups!! I gotta get a grip!!

Meghan the whole scale thing is so true, that’s why I didn’t have one for over 30 years... and now I have a fancy one! Ugh!

Orlcam... I’m sure glad to hear you’re weather was ok around you.. the news here pick up the worst of it!!

Have a great weekend Kate and everyone!!! Gotta run!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Wow... so today flew by! I’ve been a tad wayward this week... busy with other people and not prioritizing ME!!! I’m hoping the new week I start fresh and not lose my recent momentum!!! So, goodbye Sunday!! Adios!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Welcome to Monday! Last week just flew by! This week and next week are for catching up on all the things I have been ignoring. Dust bunnies, BEWARE! LOL

@mamainthekitchen You STILL got this! Your family loves you, so if you can't prioritize yourself, do it for them. :)

Have a great week, y'all!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning gang!

Sorry for not checking in over the weekend. Our heat wave totally flew by! Went to the beach both days and were there pretty much all day. We had our good umbrella, cooler filled with drinks, sandwiches and healthy snacks, and lots of SPF! We wear an SPF 45-50 and we both got a lot of color! Pretty much bounced in and out of the water all day long. Too hot not to!

Sounds like all is well over here in our little part of the great big internet! Everybody sounds good. :)

Can't believe school is almost back in session. My nephew starts kindergarten on Monday, August 12. <3 They are in Florida. Up here in the Northeastern USA, kids tend to go back to school the day or two before Labor Day. Sigh... Summer is flying by.

Wishing everybody a great day! If you are fasting, you got this! My goal is to stick to my calorie goal and drink lots of water. No gym this evening as I have a Physical Therapy appt. Goal for rest of the week is Tuesday through Thursday gym after work and eating clean. :)

Speak to you all soon. Have a good one!
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Gooood morrrrning Monday!! It’s boiling... (ok it’s boiling for the west coast) I sleep with a fan in the hall and a cold wet cloth on my head!!! I’m glad meghan that you were able to stay beachside and enjoy the water! Our one little beach closed down because there’s only one road to it and the parking lot was full! The road to it was backing up so police had to be called to close the road!!!! Omg! Never has this happened... someone’s been spreading the word that our little town is an oasis!!!!

Kate, since I’m turning 60 soon, it’s becoming very clear that I must prioritize myself! A little at a time so no one here notices ;)

What’s all this talk of school??? Kids here (I think all across Canada) head back after Labor Day weekend! August is the big month for holidays!!

Ok, well today I’m fasting during my weight workout, taking my friends dog to the park (all week)by 10:30, then hopefully my own walk by the beach before the sun really heats up... back home for my oatmeal & seeds for lunch, then my own dog for walk (tomorrow I’ll do them together) next I’ll wash windows & screens (yikes) then collapse in lounge chair for a rest before making dinner! Crossed fingers I get all that done!!! Dinner is leftover salmon & veggies!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Sixty @mamainthekitchen woo hoo! Happy early birthday to you. :#
    I know what you mean about closed beaches! Our beach, here in our town recently raised the parking rates to park for the day up to $40 USD. You would think that would deter people sometimes, but noooo... On July 4th they had to close our beach at around 3pm because it was full! Thankfully we were already there so it didn't affect us. Crazy!

Yesterday was good. Stuck to my plan. No snacking or naughty stuff which is good! Had a good appt. with my physical therapist after work last night. I am planning to eat clean the rest of the week and we will hit the gym after work tonight, Wednesday, and Thursday. :)

Have a great day! See you all soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Hope your week is goin' well! Things are good here. Had a good, clean day of eating yesterday and went to the gym after work.

Today I had a really nice breakfast burrito for 230 calories, that my honey picked up at the grocery store recently. Yum! Below is the brand. Can pick them up at your grocery store or at Target in the USA for under $3 USD. Good stuff!

https://evolfoods.com/our-food/breakfast/breakfast-burritos/lean-fit-egg-white-spinach-roasted-tomato-potato-cheddar

Well, guess that is all for now. Hope you are well and see you back 'round these parts soon. ;)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

Hope everybody is having a nice week.

Had a good day yesterday, went to the gym, etc. Same thing planned for today! Have my Mediterranean salad with Ken's Light Balsamic dressing today with me for lunch. :blush:

Hope all is well by you.

Speak to you soon!
    Meghan
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Is it Thursday already? Where has this week gone?! I turned in my last assignments for the summer and then read a couple of books just for fun! Haven't done that in a good long while! Also cleaned carpets and sat with my son while he sold tomatoes and washed the car. Today is the next book in the series and laundry. Working real hard! :D

Meghan, sounds like you are having a great week!

Mama, I like your style!

Everyone else, have a great week! I guess, have a great rest of the week!

(the series is Chet and Bernie mysteries, by the way)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys!

Yep, things are good here! Sounds like you are having a nice week, @KateNkognito!! I am a huge reader so I am going to definitely Google those books! Thanks for that! Good for you for squeezing in some time for yourself. Not easy when you are a busy Mom going to school. :)

Things are going well here. We skipped the gym last night and took a nice walk outside. The weather was beautiful! Sunny, less heat and humidity, etc. We walked down to the park and all around and then back. Felt nice to be outside and getting the blood flowing.

Planning on taking a vacation day for Monday. The weather is supposed to be beautiful all weekend through next week so why not take a day! Looking forward to relaxing and hitting the beach.

Hello to @mamainthekitchen and everybody else reading. Have a nice day and chat soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today I actually have a list of things to do. So I guess I better get going if I want to get back to my books! LOL
    Meghan, sounds like a nice evening and a great plan for the weekend!
    Going to be warm again today, so I better get moving. Have a GREAT weekend, everyone!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Oh my god the heat!! I’m melting over here!! Humidity is making my knees swell a tiny bit, just enough to make me not want to do my own walk! I’m finished with my friends dog today, poor thing is dead & blind but she’s a joy to look after.... however, having two dogs is too much in this heat!

Meghan glad you enjoyed a walk outside... and I’ve checked out your Ken’s dressings, not sold in these parts, but all your salads sound so yum! I’m enjoying the Mediterranean foods too, in fact I’m considering a recipie for falafel soon, with a tahini dressing!!

I’ve been going overboard on a few items of food lately (ok 2 weeks) but it sure shows!! Im certainly not weighing this week!!! ugh, it’s the splurges and the heat and the no exercise because of the heat,.. just ugh! (I’m really complaining!!)

Kate good for you reading for pleasure besides all the mandatory reading!! Are you growing tomatoes?? Sounds like a great day with your son!!

Oh ya.... Meghan, $40/day for parking at your beach?!! Omg! Ok well here, in my little town it’s free parking!!! Everywhere else in the Vancouver area is pay parking at all the other beaches!!! I fear the more people find out about us, it’ll no longer be a free beach access oasis!!! :(

Well, time to get some more ice for my glass!! And speaking of books.... we watched the Netflix movie a couple of weeks ago called “Adrift”.... near the end of it I thought, I remember reading a book like this!!! And I did!! Same title!! The actress did a good job! I like those books where someone crashed a plane into a mountain, or sunk a boat and lived to tell about it!!! Hahaha..... have a great weekend everyone!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Whoops!!! The dog is not dead!!! The dog is deaf!!!! ;)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy weekend, all! Can't believe July is almost over!
    So, apparently, eating like an out of control five year old is NOT the way to lose weight. Who knew? LOL SO, back on the wagon for me. Salad today, fasting tomorrow and Thursday, being a good girl the rest of the time. I have to get moving around here and get some things done before school starts again.
    @mamainthekitchen LOL about the dog! My husband grows the tomatoes and my youngest sells them. That kid is a salesman! He usually does pretty well, but with all the rain this year, our crop was kind of small. I hope the heat breaks for you!

@Meghan509 Hope you are enjoying the beach!

Have a GREAT week, everyone! Happy fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys!

@mamainthekitchen $40 a day for out of towners at our beach. Free for residents. Even our state parks are free if you have an in state license plate.

Beach days going well here! Took Monday off to get in more beach time! Gorgeous weather here.

Been researching the Keto and low carb plan. I feel like it is time to mix it up and do something different. Not sure if Keto is it. We shall see.

Have a good one and see you soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi all.... it’s Monday!! :/

Meghan that’s a good idea for residents!!! Residents should have some sort of perk!!
    Also.... keto! Yes I love the idea of it and I like the items to eat (heavy cream!!!!) but it can mess with your head! At least for me.... like, what happens when you stop keto? Or how long to do keto? Some ‘real’ keto keaners believe you stay on it for life! I was told that if you don’t let your pancreas do it’s job (produce insulin) then it’ll forget how to do it and cause diabetes.... now that’s not proven, but it made sense to me. I like low carb and I like grains, lentils & beans, so Mediterranean sounded good.....although I don’t eat fish 2-3 times a week because even though I live in a seafood rich area, I don’t think all our seafood is ‘clean’, so once a week or once every 2 weeks is enough for me. That’s when my realization of 5:2 just hit me.... eat healthy just portion down 2 days per week and you’re good to go. Just MY thoughts!! ;) I’ll be interested to hear what you learn & like about it. Since my son is diabetic I’ve adopted a fair amount of keto recipes from some terrific keto & low carb sites! I just am back to incorporating whole grains and slow burning beans/lentils into the game!

Kate, I grew grape tomatoes last year from just one plant and I got soooo many I had to give tons away. Although I did not like the little green bugs I had on them... they didn’t seem to eat the tomatoes but I didn’t like seeing them on the plant! So not growing those this year! This year I planted ONE zucchini plant and am learning all kinds of info via YouTube!!! Haha gotta love YouTube!

It’s after 9am already and must get my weight workout done!!!! Have a good day people! I’m not sure when I’m fasting this week... I’m away tomorrow on the island so we’ll see!
    I’ll touch base later!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, all! I did a silly thing today. I took both my boys plus their friend (I like to call him the third child I didn't know I had) all out back to school shopping. Three teenage boys in public. What was I thinking?! LOL They are good kids, though. I have to say, school supplies get cheaper as they get older. No more crayons and markers and glue sticks by the dozen. I got myself some snazzy looking pencils and highlighters. :) I am off to bed early. They wore me out! LOL
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    LOL Kate!!!!!