• Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi Laurie & thanks for the welcome 🤗
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Janatki wrote: »
    Hi, 54, 5” 2, serial dieter all my life, have chronic health problems.
    My relationship with food has been pants over the years!
    This time been here a couple of weeks, more determined than ever ....& found this group!
    Already lost 5 lbs following MFP ‘s calorie deficit, get moving principles
    Just a mere 75lbs to go....😳
    Taking it one day at at time, small goals... to honestly log whatever I eat & increasing my level of exercise bit by bit.
    Looking to give & receive some support ... & hopefully gain insight, information from fellow members to lose this weight for good and have a fitter & healthier future

Welcome to Larger Losers!....we are a very supportive and motivated group....some of us have lost a lot of weight, some are mid way thru and some like you, are only starting your journey!...we are all here to get healthier,feel better and look better!...oh, and to lose pounds!...remember we lose weight in the kitchen and not the gym....exercise makes us fit and eating less helps us lose weight!...feel free to comment on any posts and ask questions....we are all here to help and motivate each other....

Being overweight is hard....losing weight is hard....choose your hard!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    hi, Janatki! Welcome! There are many folks here that are on the same path as you are and have lots of support and helpful advice, though some of us are more active lately than others :) I have a good excuse, though, for why I've been distracted! lol

Jump in where you'd like, deep end or shallow or just stay on the shore and dip your toes in once in a while! There is a lot of good advice in some of the older threads, and those here who are more than willing to share their hard-earned wisdom from experience.

Good luck to you!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Oopsie!

I guess i should of posted my intro here! Sorry guy and gals.

I'm a little hyper today in a good way.

Big hugs and well wishes to all of you!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,647 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972 you can go ahead and post wherever you like. We'll find you :)

Welcome.

I love your enthusiasm. One of my favourite things about being in a group is that you can draw on other people's enthusiasm on the days when your own is lagging somewhere far behind where you need it to be if you are going to keep up the good fight.

Looking forward to seeing you around.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    @Poobah1972 you can go ahead and post wherever you like. We'll find you :)

Welcome.

I love your enthusiasm. One of my favourite things about being in a group is that you can draw on other people's enthusiasm on the days when your own is lagging somewhere far behind where you need it to be if you are going to keep up the good fight.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Thank you for yet another warm welcome. I'm glad I finally found this place. As you said, I believe this is where I can find the most motivation, as well as give it!

Keep up the good fight!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Poobah! We're glad you found us too! And with the spring weather here, I'm running a little hyper these days too :)
  • alvis2
    alvis2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm a 30 year old new mom with 80+ pounds to lose. I am currently 250lb and I remember the last time I felt healthy was when I was 170lb which is what I weighed in my profile picture. Since September 2020, when I had my little girl, I have lost 46lb (that's right, I was 296lb) but I feel like I have hit a wall with so much further to go. Honestly, I just want to take this 10 pounds at a time but I need motivation which is why I am glad I found you all!
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Welcome Alvis2! You've already done a great job, and you seem to be on the right track coming here and seeking support when you hit a stall! So good on you all around. Sending you Fat Melting thoughts! haha

P.s. my profile pick was when I lost 200+ pounds oh about13-15 years ago... So I'm shooting to get back there as a start. (well with many smaller steps in-between.)
  • _F9_
    _F9_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm getting back into logging again and hoping to stay on track. Glad to be in the group! 105lbs to goal!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    _F9_ wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm getting back into logging again and hoping to stay on track. Glad to be in the group! 105lbs to goal!
    Welcome to the group!...I accidentally declined your friend request....please resend!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options

Welcome to the group. Lots of great active threads running. Jump in or lurk whichever suits 😊
  • alvis2
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Welcome Alvis2! You've already done a great job, and you seem to be on the right track coming here and seeking support when you hit a stall! So good on you all around. Sending you Fat Melting thoughts! haha

P.s. my profile pick was when I lost 200+ pounds oh about13-15 years ago... So I'm shooting to get back there as a start. (well with many smaller steps in-between.)

Thanks Poobah. It makes me feel better that others are using older pictures too! Mine is from about 5 years ago. I am still in awe of how quickly I gained nearly 100 pounds! Now if only it would fall off that quick!
  • alvis2
    Options

You can do this! Welcome!
  • Poobah1972
    Options

Welcome F9.... Any particular meaning to meaning behind F9? Function Key? F9 as in FINE? Just curious. :smiley:
  • sk8trsandy7615
    sk8trsandy7615 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Sandy and I'm a 58 year old woman ready to get my health and life back by dropping 90 pounds (I'm 5'4" 210 pounds). I was recently diagnosed with heart disease and had 3 stents placed. In addition to helping my overall health, losing 90 pounds will allow me to hopefully get off most if not all medications. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Welcome to Larger Losers one of the most supportive groups on MFP....many of us have been with this group for a while and some are newer members!...we are all here to lose weight and get healthier....please feel free to jump in anywhere on any post....there is some great information in older posts...check them out when you have time...any questions, information, advice or shared experiences are welcome....when you have a large amount of weight to lose you have specific obstacles that a slightly overweight person might not have to cope with...again, welcome!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi Becca! Well done on your 6lbs loss! I’d agree, for what it’s worth, small deficits is they way to go. That’s what I’m trying this time too.. hopefully for the last! Good luck!