Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Looks like we all need to go shopping for some new threads this weekend :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yesterday I went to visit a doctor also - a breast cancer surgeon. This diagnosis has been in the works since last summer, but after a biopsy last month and a long delay because of staffing shortages in the pathology lab, it is finally here. I'm in for a ride this spring. Looking at a partial mastectomy and a sentinel lymph biopsy surgery in the coming weeks. With any luck it will stop there.

This is going to interfere with my rowing for three weeks or so (maybe less???) :(

Back to the evil question soon too...deficit or maintenance during recovery. That one killed my slow loss/maintenance a while back. This time I plan on sticking to a small deficit. That will best keep me on the straight road - eating a healthy diet and staying vigilant (obsessed) on the macros.

Except for my birthday.

There may be TWO out of the groove birthday dinners involving a slice of cake. Plus an extra cake and tea night with a friend. Thank goodness my local son :) is a healthy food nut. He and I will share some green soup and maybe some kind of crustless pumpkin pie with candles. Perhaps my hamsters are putting too much thought into these birthday shenanigans? Or maybe, hopefully, I am putting all the necessary thought into this so that I can maintain some control!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,843 Member
    Options
    Tough thing to face Laurie but it has to be done. Hopefully the surgery will be the end of it. But it’s better to know and deal with it. I’ve had a couple of breast surgeries for precancerous conditions. Not fun but necessary.
    Yeah you might have to skip rowing for a while but there’s other body parts to work on? Maybe your impossibly lovely long legs?

Maybe try just eating well with a small deficit and see how that works. Get your protein for sure. And definitely don’t skimp on the birthday celebrations. One or two days don’t make that much difference. Enjoy it, store the tasty memories and get back to portion control the next day.

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, Yooly.
    I think exercise will just have to stay in a holding pattern for a bit....this "lovely long" :) right leg is being problematic lately - hence the rowing. Meniscus surgery in the near future too??? Hopefully soon??? As long as it is all done before the summer. I've been holding onto a Newfoundland trip plan since I returned in November. My heart aches to hold the hand of The Boy.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Get the patchwork done and over with. It’s a pain but will let you get on with the good things you want to do.
    As an aside - I’ve never been cautioned by my doctors to eat more or change my diet after surgery. Generally I tried to stick with the good healthy stuff and avoid soothing myself with treats. Cause when the recovery was over the treat residue would surely have to be dealt with!
    You’ll do just fine and be squeezing that little fellows hand in a few months.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options
    Laurie,

So sorry about the final results. May everything go as smooth as possible. I would maybe keep a small deficit but also listen closely to your body. I don't know if you are doing any other treatments besides surgery, but it can be rough on your body. Getting SOME nutrients is better then getting none when nothing sounds good but a milk shake. I have known WAY too many people who have dealt with cancer. If you need anything, let me know. I know it's long distance, but I am here for support!

Really tired today and trying to take some time to catch up on chores around the house. Already cleaned the bathroom and mopped and swept the floors in the bathroom, bedroom, and living room. Need to do my little office space and the kitchen floors still. The other cleaning I want to do this weekend is just general organizing and straightening.

Work training was rough. Just a lot of information in 3 days and I am feeling mushy brained from it.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm hoping, Yooly. The meniscus surgery won't be quick - not an emergency type situation...but maybe I'll get lucky?

Thank you, Athijade. And wow - you are getting a lot done for someone who is feeling really tired!!!!!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    Crap

Let's all slow down a bit on the breaking us stuff and start fixing stuff instead!

Please?

🤞💞

• lauriekallis
    Options
    We are working on it! By the end of 2023 we will all be svelte and strong and smiley and ... and ... and :)
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2023
    Options
    b5b4azcw55da.png
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options
    Got all the cleaning done yesterday so that is one thing I don't have to worry about today. I even organized the freezer this morning! What is up with me? Lol

Need to gather the documents to get my IL license on Tuesday and finish my meal plan and grocery list for shopping tomorrow. But I needed to get out of the house and move. I just ate breakfast at a diner near my place. Now heading to TJ Maxx and some other stores. Gonna also stop at the Walmart Neighborhood Market.

Was going to go downtown but today they are doing all the St. Patrick's Day celebrations so decided against it. I just don't want to deal with the crazy drinkers.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Happy shopping!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Early for St. Patrick's Day celebrations!!!???
    Hope you find some fun things, Athijade.

I made the mistake of promising three different clients things by Monday morning. :( That is going to keep me occupied this weekend.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Friday's dogs at the Bayfront Park pictures.
    nsie9j14l4f9.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    99p7z8uhbksl.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    cc85fx7ih7tb.jpg
  • PAV8888
    Options
    OH HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY PUPPIES!!!!!!
    WOOHOOO!!!!!
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2023
    Options
    My day is happy (not) sharing (not) with friendly (not) loved by me (not) cell phone provider!

Hi: why is my bill twice what I expect? You have international charges.
    Why do I have international charges? Your app failed and you dialed an international number.
    Why did I dial an international number when I have an international call block? Because you don't have one!
    Why don't I have one when I had one when I signed up for my phone and the kiosk lady and I verified it was there? You didn't.
    Then how come there were no international charges for 3 months but they only appear 4 days ago? Because your app failed.
    Do we really believe that the app failed for the first time in three months exactly four days ago and it kept failing every day since then until I called you and then we put a block on and now it will stop failing? Yes, sounds like the most reasonable explanation. It obviously could not be something WE did. It's your app.
    How did my app change my settings in my account?

I think I will stop now! Yes, they were cheap enough to offer $30 out of $70 off (accepted while asking to escallate), crazy talk from supervisor who claimed that video calls on mobile data would be charged as international calls at which point i indicated that if this was the actual company policy it was time to close the account, $5 per month for six months by Loyalty (so coming up to $60 out of $70) which I declined and opened a complaint with the government regulator both for the charge, the failed block and the wrong information. *kitten* that noise! https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/
  • lauriekallis
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Sounds like the kind of thing that could make a thin man pull his tousled hair right from his scalp. :s
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Wow - I’m impressed you got to speak to a real person! Lately it’s been a recording letting me know I’m a valued customer and press 2 for English or shout out in two words or less what I’m calling about.
    Then I’m on hold forever only to be informed to try again later when they’re less busy. Or leave my number and they’ll call whenever.
    Doesn’t matter if it’s the clinic, power company, cable dudes ..... no customer support. Hubby tried to get customer support for new computer today. Ended up speaking to some guy with heavy accent obviously in a call room (Far East? Malaysia?)where he could barely be heard above the noise.
    Hope you get some justice PAV!