Share your Numbers

NovusDies
NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
If you want to post your weights or any other numbers this is the place to do it. If you would like help with any weight loss related math this is good place to ask as well.
«13456799

Replies

  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Today is my numbers day. I weigh daily but I only crunch my numbers once a week.


    This week I have lost .02
    By deficit I should have lost : 2.33
    Meaning I am masking : 2.13 for this week
    Total currently being masked : 3.42

    My 3 week rate of loss : 1.4
    My 6 week rate of loss : 1.7


    It is never fun to know that I should have weighed 3.4 pounds less but is pretty common for me. What is slightly uncommon is that I really do not believe this is food related. I think this is water retention brought on by the stress of needing to lose weight for a surgery I really need. If that is the case I may not see the low weight next week that I would normally see. Time will tell.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 247 Member
    My knees can use all the relief they can get :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    jjlewey wrote: »
    My knees can use all the relief they can get :)

    Mine too.

    My right one will almost assuredly need replacing. It is painful but I am trying to hold out for less weight to make recovery easier. I also kind of hope that I will lose enough to postpone it for a number of years since they say they are temporary and if you have it done too young you will have to do it again.
  • dsueteel
    dsueteel Posts: 7 Member
    Hi, not sure what kind of numbers to post really. So Ill just start throwing some out.

    I'm 25, female, 5 foot (almost 5'1), I weigh 259 currently. Being so short, they say I should be about 110-130 lbs. yea right :s

    My ultimate goal is to be around 150. My current goal is to get under 200. I'm only on day 2 of tracking. Day one didn't go so well. my only accomplishment was that I actually tracked all the crap I ate last night instead of ignoring it. Today is okay....I ate good stuff, but somehow I only have 150 calories for the rest of the day, and its only 1pm...
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    merph518 wrote: »
    Heya, just found this group, so instead of jumping into this week's numbers or something like that, I figured I could just describe my progress so far.

    I'm 39, 5'8, and started trying to lose weight on 1/1/2019 at 386.6 lbs. I've lost about 68 lbs so far, and I've got another 120 or so to go before I'm done.

    1/1: 386.6
    2/1: 368.8
    3/1: 360.6
    4/1: 348.9
    5/1: 341.0
    6/1: 332.6
    7/1: 322.9
    7/19: 318.4


    Your average rate of loss has been 2.39 pounds per week. That is excellent. It is slightly aggressive without going at a punishing pace.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 701 Member
    Thanks! I'm trying to make sure the changes I'm making are sustainable. I lost 100 lbs 10 years ago, but wound up gaining it back and then some. I don't want that to happen again.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    merph518 wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm trying to make sure the changes I'm making are sustainable. I lost 100 lbs 10 years ago, but wound up gaining it back and then some. I don't want that to happen again.

    In the other thread you mentioned eating 1800 calories per day. At your 1.99 rate of loss since June 1 that would put your TDEE/maintenance right around 2800 calories (average) per day currently.

    Sorry. I like weight loss math.

    That all seems quite sustainable and especially so considering you have done it for 7 months.

  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 701 Member
    No need to apologize! I'm all about collecting data and use it to help keep myself motivated. :)
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 247 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    merph518 wrote: »
    Heya, just found this group, so instead of jumping into this week's numbers or something like that, I figured I could just describe my progress so far.

    I'm 39, 5'8, and started trying to lose weight on 1/1/2019 at 386.6 lbs. I've lost about 68 lbs so far, and I've got another 120 or so to go before I'm done.

    1/1: 386.6
    2/1: 368.8
    3/1: 360.6
    4/1: 348.9
    5/1: 341.0
    6/1: 332.6
    7/1: 322.9
    7/19: 318.4


    Your average rate of loss has been 2.39 pounds per week. That is excellent. It is slightly aggressive without going at a punishing pace.

    Great Job, INSPIRATIONAL, hopefully I can do what you have been able to do
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 701 Member
    edited July 2019
    jjlewey wrote: »

    Great Job, INSPIRATIONAL, hopefully I can do what you have been able to do

    Thanks! If I can do it, you can. Just take it a day at a time, and don't let things discourage you. If you hit a bump, don't let it knock you off track... just keep going. Any downward trend over time is great.

  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 247 Member
    Thank you guys for the encouragement, every little bit helps.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 247 Member
    I am going out tomorrow and buying one of those sewing tape measure thingys to start measuring myself. I believe that size matters more than the scale, I need to practice that a little better. Like counting calories or logging food, you dont know until you measure it.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 247 Member
    Update, I bought a tape measure and it was to small for my biggest around the belly measurement. Talk about feeling *kitten* lol, I stayed strong and in my diet. Got to measure a few other body parts to get a "baseline". Also, I matched my recent low weight today, hopefully tomorrow will bring a new recent record low.
  • Tom1997B
    Tom1997B Posts: 10 Member
    Hi all,

    I’m 21 years old, 328lb, 6’4.

    Hoping to get to around 200lb. I’ve tried dieting a few times and haven’t really gotten anywhere so any tips or advice would be appreciated