What is a good number of carbs?

Options
13»

Replies

• Makaiookami
    Makaiookami Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Healthy range is 0-100.

My total carbs rarely hit above 20. I eat carnivore most of the time, but if you're estrogen dominant you might need more veggies than me to soak up some excess estrogen. If you don't feel great eating super low carb without certain veggies like spinach (though high in oxolates) lettuce, etc...

20 is for really sick people who have a lot of weight to lose.

30-50 is for moderately healthy people with little weight to lose.

80 is fine for healthy people to prevent muscle loss.

100-120 is for healthy active people, who want to play around with various foods and things for body optimization.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Fivepts wrote: »
    How is everyone doing? I was visiting in Istanbul (with no scale and eating out a lot) and fell off the low carb wagon, thanks mainly to fruit. Anyway, I am back home where the fruit is not as tempting, not to mention the deserts, so I am at it again.

Welcome back.... The wagons still here, lol.

Istanbul, that's an interesting destination.

I really wish I could travel! But expired passport and lack of funds stand in the way of me and my travel bucket list!

• naomianne69
    naomianne69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've got a lot to recommend for the 'myfitnesspal'. I can now control my calories and carbs daily, and sine then I've lost 7 lbs this month. I had my regular appointment with my doctor today, and he's weighed me. I think it's great. I still am doing the KETO and some intermittent fasting. I seem to still be in ketosis, and happy with the general low carb diet, which seems to suit me really well. Do other people here find that?
  • yuko0407
    yuko0407 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've found that for me 50 gr max is a good level. It allows some fruits and of course veggies. I don't have a sweet tooth, so I don't miss cookies&co, but I've room for some salted crackers if I want.
  • LRLemon
    LRLemon Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Total carb goal: <25. This is what seems to agree with the way my system responds to carbs. Any more and I risk getting out of ketosis. This is due to me personal system that has some challenges with metabolizing carbs. Friends of mine have higher tolerances and can eat more carbs and stay in ketosis.