Initial test

Options
jowo2000
jowo2000 Posts: 129 Member
edited August 2019 in Social Groups
Let us know how you did on the initial test (which is just doing as many as you can)! Did you do modify them, or did them full on? This will determine what column you follow in the program.

5 or less - column 1
6 - 10 - column 2
11-20 - column 3
20+ - skip to week 3

https://hundredpushups.com/test.html

Replies

• jowo2000
    Options
    I did 8, so I'm doing column 2.
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    My max this weekend was 16, so I'm doing column 3.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Y'all kicked my tail - I'm starting in column 1
    (I'm a wuss)
  • jowo2000
    Options
    Great job everyone! So happy to see you on board!

kmfeig- wow, you're strong! I have some catching up to do lol!

cayenne- it doesn't matter where you start, it matters that you keep at it! I think you'll be impressed with yourself in a few weeks :)
  • wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Ugh, unfortunately with my back issues I was only able to do 8 before the first spasm brought that streak to an end. I counted the pause as terminating the test. :p Column 2 for me.
  • jowo2000
    Options
    That's great wendsg! You're only going to improve. You got this!!
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m Ashley, Trina’s friend, -kmfeig! I did my initial test and had 19, modified knees. I’m 48, column 3 for me😊
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    @cayenne_007 @jowo2000 I started out 6 months ago doing pushups on the countertop! So if you guys are doing pushups on the floor, you are way ahead of where I started!! Just started floor pushups in June, I think.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I could’t do 1, just fell flat on my stomach 😂, so today I started with the first set of the first column, from the knees. And that worked. I’m not in a hurry so maybe I’ll do 6 weeks knees and then start again from the toes.
  • jowo2000
    Options
    I'm proud of you for starting, Antiopelle! You should totally start with your knees, and work your way up to the toes. You might not even have to do the full 6 weeks before you switch to toes, if that's what you want to do.

Also, make sure you share your progress under the week 1 discussion so we can motivate each other and keep each other in check. Cheers!
  • magpye76
    magpye76 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Managed 14 on my knees, which is WAY more than expected!! Column 3 for me, but i may well restart with proper pushups as and when i manage to do one without collapsing on my face!
  • jowo2000
    Options
    Awesome job magpye! So excited to have you on board!
  • Dawnshealth111
    Dawnshealth111 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post here. I did 16 pushups on my initial test without modifications.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I managed 6 with proper form.
    My personal modifications are: on knees, tricep pushups.

Starting Week 1 on Sunday since this week is already half past.
  • jowo2000
    Options
    Great! We got this!
  • EntreChaud
    EntreChaud Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok so I could only manage 9 properly - boy I need some work! I am going to try to keep up without modification, but I reserve the right to modify....:) thanks for this motivation!
  • felicianadine3
    felicianadine3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well, certainly not the most impressive - I'm starting in column 1.

I was only able to do 1 push up with "good form." I will need to modify at first, but that's okay. I'm excited to see where I can go from here :smile:
  • jowo2000
    Options
    Well, certainly not the most impressive - I'm starting in column 1.

I was only able to do 1 push up with "good form." I will need to modify at first, but that's okay. I'm excited to see where I can go from here :smile:

Good job! Totally okay to modify. I did this challenge once before, and I went from 1 pushup to 50. And trust me, if I was able to do it, you totally can too! Welcome to the group!
  • jowo2000
    Options
    EntreChaud wrote: »
    Ok so I could only manage 9 properly - boy I need some work! I am going to try to keep up without modification, but I reserve the right to modify....:) thanks for this motivation!

That's really good already! It won't be easy, but you're gonna make some amazing progress in a very short amount of time! So happy to have you!
  • dblair27
    dblair27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    A little late to the game, but I surprised myself this morning! I was certain I'd only be able to do a single push-up (if that), but I managed eight with good form, so I guess that I'll be starting week one, column two!