What are your Long-Term Goals?

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Oh,and exercising!....that’s a big goal!
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    @conniewilkins56 I agree 100% with that goal
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    updating!

-lose 20 lbs (NY resolution) check!
    -another 20, maybe by year's end? (3lbs away... whoa)
    -get back into biking check
    -do the small lake loop (13.2 miles) check
    -learn some basic bike maintenance (will do when I get my bike back from the shop... today hopefully!) check (super super basic)
    -do the big lake loop (23.2 miles) check not the big lake, because I found out it's not well marked, but I did a 23 mile ride!
    -work towards real pushups, rather than wall pushups
    -get under 200 lbs
    -get under 180 lbs (previous adult low)
    -next summer: work up to a 50 mile ride (with stops!)
    -figure out what a comfortable healthy weight is
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    @merph518 hooray for a 10 mile ride!

here's some (maybe useful?) stuff I've done while going on longer rides. the first couple times a did 20 miles I had a planned stop halfway through at a cafe. that way I could rest, grab an iced coffee, and assess. I was initially worried about energy levels, but haven't had a problem with that just yet. I'm thinking it'll be an issue at the 25 mile and up rides.

yay bikes! 🚲
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Yeah, that's how I started out. For my initial 6-mile rides, I'd ride down to our local convenience store, then back. As a plus, they have a free air machine for tires, which is handy to check once in a while :)

I've been off biking for the past 3 weeks or so, focusing more on my running and letting myself rest on off days. Looking forward to getting back into it more after I complete C25k.
  • Goals
    1. Responsibly manage my thoughts and emotions.
    2. Become Physically Fit & Healthy.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    That is a BIG day @merph518! Or a less big day!

Congrats.

• jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    To reach my first goal of 250lbs while remaining healthy and sane.
  • DogMom919
    DogMom919 Posts: 58 Member
    Way to go Merph518!
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Congrats @merph518
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited October 2019
    Updating:
    • Be Happy :smile: <- can't believe I forgot that one
    • Be below 200 - not sure where I am stopping but that was the number I was fighting with when I was a teen
    • Wear off-the-rack clothes <- just need to go to a shop now
    • Be comfortable again on an airplane
    • Travel with my wife without feeling like an anchor - almost there
    • Buy a bike
    • Ride a bike again
    • Participate in a charity 5k next month (walking not running)
    • Hike 5+ miles
    • Be a better uncle now that my nephew lost his father
    • Be more spontaneous Changing to: Have more active and social activities outside the house.
    • Lose my main 3 prescription medications
    • Watch my fellow LLers change their lives

• smat52
    smat52 Posts: 36 Member
    Long time goal, lose 100 lbs
    Short term goal is to weigh 240, I have to make short time goals to get to my final goal

Exercise 3x week in pool
    Drink more water
    Get my A1C below 6
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    smat52 wrote: »
    Long time goal, lose 100 lbs
    Short term goal is to weigh 240, I have to make short time goals to get to my final goal

Oh I couldn't cope without the mini goals. I've completed a few this week and it's a huge morale booster. Confirmation that we got this!
  • smat52
    smat52 Posts: 36 Member

Oh I couldn't cope without the mini goals. I've completed a few this week and it's a huge morale booster. Confirmation that we got this![/quote]

Great job completing your mini goals! We can do this!🤗
  • Lenascrivente
    Lenascrivente Posts: 177 Member
    Hi all, I am new to this group and have been active on another group on MFP for the past five months now. As I am struggling with losing at the moment and settling back onto healthy maintaining I thought it would be useful to remind myself of my long term goals to keep things in perspective.
    I am 38 and will turn 39 in April 2020 and 40 in April 2021.
    1) hit my 40th birthday in good health. This means, fit and in a normal weight range
    2) give myself better chances to stay healthy in my 40s and 50s, especially by avoiding cancer and diabetes which both run in my family
    3) give myself a better chance of being fertile in my early 40s.
    4) be fit so that I can go back to being active in a way that makes me happy: more dancing, more hiking, more cycling around in places I love
    5) be fit makes me feel freer and happier. Find my way back to health means feeling happier and freer day after day.

Ok this is the big picture for me. Just writing on a very low mood day when I find myself having to work on Sunday and already given up eating at a deficit this week as it does not seem feasible in the state I am in. I am struggling to accept the situation but here I am, logging and writing to you guys.
    Lena
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    My mini goal every day is to just get through the day!....some days one hour at a time....whatever it takes to stay on track!....
    Long term?....I try not to worry about the “ long term”..... I am eating the way I should have been doing all along....this is not a diet for me...this is my new normal!....eventually I will be exactly where I am supposed to be!