Woo, no more woo!

Options
Dragonwolf
Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
Okay, I'm technically breaking the "the general forums don't exist in here" rule, but I felt this was worth sharing. Celebrate (or grieve) the removal of the woo reaction, but please refrain from posting specific stuff about the general forums or I will be forced to close the thread.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759847/woo-be-gone#latest
Hey all,

We've decided it's time for the "woo" reaction to go. We've received ample feedback that aspects of this reaction are not working for you. We have seen less derailing with people having the reaction "woo" to express their feeling on a post without replying, so we are going to experiment with offering a "disagree" button.

Please use this responsibly and compassionately. It is okay to use this reaction to disagree with an idea. It is not okay to use this reaction because you don't like the poster. We expect people not to use the disagree reaction with introduction posts, success stories, people looking for motivation, etc...

Given the duality of the previous woo reaction, we are not keeping the reaction counts for woo. Any woo reactions will be removed from your forum profile and this new reaction, disagree will be added as a blank slate.

Woo will be going away in the next week so go ahead and get it out of your system while you still can. Woo because you love something, woo because its pseudo-science, woo to your heart's content.

TL:DR Woo is being replaced with disagree. Use responsibly so we can have nice things.

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Woohoo to no woo.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with Woo?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with Woo?

"Woo!" Can be seen as "yahoo" or "woohoo!," an exclamation of celebration or "Alright!!!"
    But the term "woo" is a term for things that are nonsensical pseudoscience and is often used to just call someone full of BS.

Dragonwolf wrote: »
    Okay, I'm technically breaking the "the general forums don't exist in here" rule, but I felt this was worth sharing. Celebrate (or grieve) the removal of the woo reaction, but please refrain from posting specific stuff about the general forums or I will be forced to close the thread.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10759847/woo-be-gone#latest
    Hey all,

We've decided it's time for the "woo" reaction to go. We've received ample feedback that aspects of this reaction are not working for you. We have seen less derailing with people having the reaction "woo" to express their feeling on a post without replying, so we are going to experiment with offering a "disagree" button.

Please use this responsibly and compassionately. It is okay to use this reaction to disagree with an idea. It is not okay to use this reaction because you don't like the poster. We expect people not to use the disagree reaction with introduction posts, success stories, people looking for motivation, etc...

Given the duality of the previous woo reaction, we are not keeping the reaction counts for woo. Any woo reactions will be removed from your forum profile and this new reaction, disagree will be added as a blank slate.

Woo will be going away in the next week so go ahead and get it out of your system while you still can. Woo because you love something, woo because its pseudo-science, woo to your heart's content.

TL:DR Woo is being replaced with disagree. Use responsibly so we can have nice things.

Hallelujah!!!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see the woo button disappear. I wish they would just do away with any negative reaction, instead of replacing with a dislike.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all."

Just how I was raised. So I don't understand why on a support Forum, there's a need for any negative reaction. Social media of any form already tends to bring out very confrontational, argumentative, and sociopathic behaviors in some (not all, and not most, but enough).

Example of sociopathic behaviors is seeking an argument instead of seeking like-minded. Like when someone says seeking others eating keto, and same few members always reply who dislike the concept and word keto, just to insult the OP and keto.... They literally scroll looking for keto to insult and argue.

I don't get it, but I'm old, and I watched society change drastically with the introduction of technology.

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Good to know!