TEAM: Run Track Minds (September)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    c4mkzy9q51wd.jpg
    HELLO TEAM!
    WELCOME TO SEPTEMBER 2019!

My name is Joanna @johicks, I will be your captain for this month. Please feel free to introduce yourself and share your goals for the month as well. To get you started…
    I’ve struggled since grade school with being overweight and now obese. So I AM learning to truly learn what it takes to keep it off. With the Biggest Loser Challenge, I’m losing, learning, and achieving. In my first five months of being on @RunTrackMinds I’ve lost 17.0#. My focus is on developing healthy habits that include daily exercise, planning and preparing meals ahead, tracking intake, overcoming night binges, and working through emotions that go with living a fellow addict. Mine is food, his are food and alcohol, plus he LOVES to cook.
    I’ve struggled the last few weeks, but I am so thankful to be not only part of this team but also the captain. @RunTrackMinds is awesome. If it wasn’t for this team, I’d be long gone by now. The past two weeks would’ve turned into the typical fall binges w/ anniversary celebration, Sunday football party foods, then all the Holidays. This team keeps me going, inspired, and accountable. I’m happy to be here to help where I can and to offer encouragement, support, and also be a part of something that will help you, me, and our team stay on track and lose weight.
    My goal for September is to stay focused during the start of my favorite season … Football!! I’m very involved with our H.S. team and most Sundays am watching NFL. My plan is to plan ahead and allow myself small indulgences and to track no matter what. I’ll continue to work on making this my lifestyle by working on daily habits of exercise, good healthy foods, and being mindful of my emotions to not let food control me.
    kiekqpdfx4vf.jpg

As taking part in this challenge your only requirement is to weigh in weekly. Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh-in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!! Please set-up your posts in the format below as it really makes it much easier to see your post to track properly.
    Your weekly weigh-in posts should look like this:
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, August Week 5 (8/25)
    PW: 248.4
    CW: 248.0
    below are optional
    One thing I did well: - optional
    One thing to improve: - optional

...to make it easier, copy and paste from week to week.
    *PW = previous weight, for week #1 it is your starting weight (SW)
    *CW = current weight
    Also optional is taking part in the daily mini-challenge. v (see the next post) v
  • johicks
    Options
    We are also going to continue with an optional Mini-Challenge this month somewhat based on “Daily Post for Ultimate Accountability.” First and foremost is that participation in the mini-challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this, the choice is yours. I encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and think about our habits /goals on a daily basis. It's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

Our RTM Daily Posts Challenge follow these basic rules:
    • #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    • #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    • #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    • #4. Check-in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).
    • #5. Work towards healthier habits (you choose: increase water, journaling, self-care, overall wellness)
    It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgment-free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on.

**REMEMBER**
    -You set your own daily budget.
    -You choose your own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10-mile run.)
    -It is not weight-based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    -Daily check-in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer-term weight management is hard to do on your own.

Your optional mini-challenge posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (under /over)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Healthier habits: (you choose: a variety of exercise, increase water, journaling, affirmations, self-care, positive self-talk, being kind to yourself, positive outlook, overall wellness, morning routine, night routine)
    Goals or Day: (Share a brief description about you, your day, your goals for the day, whatever you want)

Let's all have a great month, a SU·PER·CA·LI·FRA·GIL·IS·TIC·EX·PI·A·LI·DO·CIOUS SEPTEMBER!!!

zf7ni9ulng37.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi all newbies, this is a great team to be part of.
    Lets all do what we can to make this happen.
    😀😀
  • angiesjourney
    angiesjourney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Excited to be here!
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    fsmzzqh2tw9m.gif
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I have been on this team since April or May (can't remember exactly!). It is wonderful and @johicks is awesome. She is truly an inspiring team leader. And our teammates are awesome too! Checking in daily, even if my post is very short, has been a lifesaver for me in staying on track. I've had better weight loss as part of this challenge than when I was not doing this. We can do this!!
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi Ive been active on MFP for the last 3+ years. I lost 25 pounds or so and kept it off for around two years. I hit my goal weight range last summer and it felt so wonderful but I couldn't maintain it. Now I have been really struggling to get down 10-12 lbs for almost a year and it's frustrating because its such a small amount of weight but I am so stuck and I'm afraid I can't maintain this weight either.

I'm trying to decide on one healthy habit for the month... I'm thinking weigh/measure food. Thoughts?
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under my calorie goal! I went out to eat and budgeted ahead of time!
    Exercise: No
    Healthier habits: I went to a broadway show and parked between dinner and the show so I walked over 10 blocks
    Goals or Day: Today has chilling at the house this morning, swimming this afternoon and a baseball game tonight. My goal is to look up healthy food options at the stadium so I can make good choice.
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide on one healthy habit for the month... I'm thinking weigh/measure food. Thoughts?

I like the idea of picking 1 habit to focus on. I definitely think that to maintain that ultimate goal weight weighing foods will be required.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good evening everybody! Welcome to the September challenge - I’m super excited for a fresh start this month! A little bit about me: I’m a science teacher in GA trying to loss 35+ lbs.

Last month I fell, and twisted my ankle which really decreased my motivation....but my motivation is back, and I’m gonna try hard this month to keep myself on track. I’ve had a few NSVs this last week that I’m really proud of: a coworker brought in donuts for his birthday, and I didn’t eat one, and then when I went to dinner the other night I had a Caesar salad to start, and then only ate half my chicken sandwich and fries. I know back before paying attention to calories and stuff, I would’ve eaten every bite, but that night I made the choice to stop when I was full, and just take the rest to go. Tada: lunch the next day, too!!! It was a win/win in my book!

@johicks I need to change my weigh-in day to Saturday’s, please!

Username: red1185
    SW:172
    PW: 170
    CW: 166.8

Happy losing everybody!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi I'm a 37 year old busy mum of little ones. I've been obese most of my adult life and successfully lost close to 40 lb since joining MFP at the end of January. I say nearly 40, as I've really struggled the last 2 months and regained some of my loss. I'm hoping that with the kids back at school soon, my routine becomes more predictable and I can plan my meals better and get back on track.
    Good luck newbies and oldies!
  • DDay2020
    DDay2020 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes(under)
    Exercise: No
    Healthier habits: journaling
    Goals or Day: None
  • johicks
    Options
    wkb0b7ssii72.png

@johicks Captain
    @bootssowhite
    @LuluLovinLife
    @Mawash9
    @Red1185
    @skullsandskeletons
    @Toyota100
    @DogMom919
    @goodreadsgal
    @Jactop
    @Jupdyke
    @Klilev
    @leebett
    @Melonpaul
    @rlidl57
    @Rozbee1
    @slytherclawz
    @Catgray78
    @DDay2020
    @JamieD328
    @rawrxamberx
    @ajaia2001
    @Angiesjourney
    @germaine_yee
    @Jmacaroni
    @jovsfood
    @jwall309
    @perla4686
    @kilobykilo
    @Maddiesmommy6611
    @midsummer174627
    @wander216

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • johicks
    Options
    2y4htoe3rxjw.jpg
    THE TIMELINE FOR SEPTEMBER:
    Week 1 Sep. 01- 07th; Winners Posted - By Mon, September 9
    Week 2 Sep. 08- 14th; Winners Posted - By Mon, September 16
    Week 3 Sep. 15- 21st; Winners Posted - By Mon, September 23
    Week 4 Sep. 22- 28th; Winners Posted - By Mon, September 30

Weigh-Ins:
    Each week you weigh in on your chosen weigh-in day via this RUNTRACKMINDS team discussion board. If something pops up and you are unable to weigh in on your day? Simply let me know PRIOR to the week's close. Weeks begin on Sunday and run until the following Saturday.

Weigh-ins close at 11:59 pm EST on Saturdays. Should you miss the deadline, your weight will be marked as a zero loss. Challengers who miss two consecutive weigh-ins are disqualified for the remainder of the month. Please be respectful of your team - they are counting on your contribution to the team's success.
  • johicks
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Good evening everybody! Welcome to the September challenge - I’m super excited for a fresh start this month! A little bit about me: I’m a science teacher in GA trying to loss 35+ lbs.

Last month I fell, and twisted my ankle which really decreased my motivation....but my motivation is back, and I’m gonna try hard this month to keep myself on track. I’ve had a few NSVs this last week that I’m really proud of: a coworker brought in donuts for his birthday, and I didn’t eat one, and then when I went to dinner the other night I had a Caesar salad to start, and then only ate half my chicken sandwich and fries. I know back before paying attention to calories and stuff, I would’ve eaten every bite, but that night I made the choice to stop when I was full, and just take the rest to go. Tada: lunch the next day, too!!! It was a win/win in my book!

@johicks I need to change my weigh-in day to Saturday’s, please!

Username: red1185
    SW:172
    PW: 170
    CW: 166.8

Happy losing everybody!

KUDDOS ON THE LOSS!!!!

Got the weigh-in date change noted. Since you weighed in on Sunday (Aug. 25) for week #5 August and you have changed to Saturdays, your next weigh-in will be week #1 on Saturday... Sept. 7th. Why? Because the challenges go weekly from Sun. - Saturday, so August ended Sat. 8/31 and September start Sun. 9/1. It's going to be an odd adjustment and period. So this weigh-in won't show on the books anywhere. :( Hope this makes sense.
  • johicks
    Options
    2vayhleh31pd.jpg
This discussion has been closed.