• notsolazylisa
    notsolazylisa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Username: notsolazylisa
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 175.4
    Today's Weight: 175.6

I've been trying to be more active this past week, started going for walks again as it's been nice outside. I'm also logging my food again and have been staying under my calorie goal the last few days. I need to get my snacking under control, that's where the calories really sneak up on me.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    LADIES AND GENTLEMEN CHECK THIS OUT

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766086/reinvent-yourself/p1?new=1

POP OVER TO THIS LINK AND SUPPORT OUR GROUP AS WE ARE REGISTERING FOR THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE
    COME ON NOW ALL TOGETHER NOW 1 2 3 GO
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Raleighgirl09 - checking in Wednesday, 25Sep2019

Food: all logged, all good mostly good choices/on plan, under on calories
    Exercise: walkwalkwalk!!! I'm proud of my efforts this week

@Navydaddjtc I would be game - but it's been a while since I added pics, what's the scoop/process?
    @TeresaW1020 shazam - I know that was tough but you maintained a current goal and challenge which feels better than cake tastes!!
    @AustinRuadhain and @Kres567 I agree here, @sunshineplace there is so much good in logging even if you are not eating the way you want/need to be - but that is a thread to bring you back on track - count me as a soul sistah, here (the struggle is real!!)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,581 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Belated Tuesday Check-in
    Calories: on target, healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (120 min); outdoor date walk while waiting on kiddo (17 min)
    Steps: over (working on a 30 day streak; completed day 6 of 30)
    Martial Arts: Yes! Yay!
    Self Care: win - 10 min meditation session; got to bed at a decent time - yay!

Wednesday Plans/Goals/Improvements
    Calories: on target, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: platform stepping 45+ min
    Steps: at least 7500 (goal: day 7 of 30)
    Self Care: 10 min meditation session; get to bed by 11:30

@notsolazylisa - What a great day! I love your goals -- logging and keeping snacking under control! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

@Raleighgirl09 - Sounds like you are having such a great week! Awesome! :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Thoughts to share for the recent couple of weeks. I have been all over the map, food choice wise and exercise wise - showing in the numbers. I'm working this out in my head and sharing, here, so maybe it will help someone else or - someone will help me.

What works when I'm doing well: logging all food, pre-plan and often pre-log the food...very prepared even when I'm going out as I will look at the menu and choose before I get there. Think ahead for exercise, plan around schedule busters. Remain mindful all the time of what I'm doing.

What is slipping when I'm slipping: I don't plan, life easily gets in the way (do I secretly feel relieved?), excuses become more valid and plausible. I allow myself to think a lot about everything except what I want to be mindful of.

Do I get weary of the plan - the planning, the always, always friggin' having to think about it? Do I resent having to do this all the time? How in heaven's name do I think I'll ever be in long-term maintenance if I don't think I can do this all the time?

I don't eat from boredom, stress, etc....I sometimes just want to eat because I like the taste of the food or I just like the process of the eating; I rarely overeat at one sitting anymore but it's pretty easy to overeat as a grazer; it's more, more frequently. I think what's happening is that I say screw it, I just want to do it and if I want to, I will. I have watched myself look on in a non-committal way and just allow me to silently turn my back on me. Seriously - I don't even try to talk myself out of it, when I'm in the middle of it. Oh yeah, I gave up guilt from eating a long time ago so...I don't know. I'm a different fat person than I used to be and maybe I just never learned about how to be her, me, this way with only 50 or 60 pounds versus 130 pounds to lose.

I do remember to some extent this is how it went several years ago while losing 130 pounds. It took years and I had many, many setbacks and always came back....over and over again. But I didn't attempt weight loss again after that, in any kind of serious way, until 2 years ago when I lost 35 pounds. Thought about it a lot as I slowly but steadily gained (weight and misery, in equal measure). Here I am now, 31ish down, at least 20ish to go - and maybe 20 from there, TBD. I think I'm still very naive about how to be me in a long-term more trim body. I think I'm in a new fat person's body and need to figure out new fat Maria just like I had to figure out old fat Maria. And then learn how to be a more healthy and trim Maria. I think I want to struggle with a 5 pound window instead of a 50 pound window. I just suddenly find myself feeling very unsure of what to do to be there and do that. I thought I had this a little better figured out - but I guess not.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited September 2019
    Options
    This article makes an interesting suggestion about breaking bad habits.
    https://behavioralscientist.org/to-change-a-habit-get-extreme-progressively/

His key idea here is what he calls progressive extremism. "By slowly ratcheting up what you don’t do, you invest in a new identity through your record of successfully dropping bad habits from your life... starting with something relatively small and easy to quit begins the process of changing your habits and your identity for good."

Anyway, passing on the article in case someone else finds it inspiring or helpful!
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 are we the same person??!! Everything you said hits home for me and for the record I DO resent having to think about it all the friggin time. That said I know that is the way it will always be so I just accept it. The goal is to get to a comfortable weight while still “enjoying life”.

Checking in....I’m doing something right because I lost 1.6 lbs this week. I’m heading on a mini vacation so I am going to indulge and enjoy and not worry about it for a few days. There may be a weight loss next week or maybe there won’t but either way doesn’t matter to me because some weeks will be like that. As long as the overall journey is a success.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

This is a very informal check in. I had been an extremely busy week so far. My sleep has been off, water intake off and calories are averaging way to low. That being said, I am not expecting a loss tomorrow like I have been seeing. Too many elements are just off this week.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I've been somewhat silent aside from weigh ins. I am working on my mindset regarding my weight. I have been OBSESSING about food. Overthinking, over analyzing, and beating myself up for what I have deemed bad choices. I am trying to instead, make more mindful choices and not logging every single thing I put in my mouth FOR NOW. I still log in, I am still reading everyone's wonderful posts. You are all so wonderful and helpful, especially @AustinRuadhain :smile: I think this is working well for me right now, and I am seeing results (small) on the scale and in the way my clothes fit.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Totally forgot to record my weigh in yesterday! :o

Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 205.0
    Todays Weight: 203.8

• sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Checking in. I've been somewhat silent aside from weigh ins. I am working on my mindset regarding my weight. I have been OBSESSING about food. Overthinking, over analyzing, and beating myself up for what I have deemed bad choices. I am trying to instead, make more mindful choices and not logging every single thing I put in my mouth FOR NOW. I still log in, I am still reading everyone's wonderful posts. You are all so wonderful and helpful, especially @AustinRuadhain :smile: I think this is working well for me right now, and I am seeing results (small) on the scale and in the way my clothes fit.

I have been there. I practically disappeared from the group for many months while I was dealing with other things. At least you are still logging in and checking in. The best thing I ever did for myself was to stop feeling bad or guilty about making “less than stellar” food choices. I indulge and I own it. Don’t beat yourself up....love yourself....the good, the bad and the ugly.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon you were just given some awesome advice from @sunshineplace and I hope you will take it to heart. I am at this very moment beating myself up because I made some really bad choices today but I'm here and I'm owning it and I'm going to accept the love and support that this group is so good at giving. And yes, this group is so VERY blessed to have @AustinRuadhain. :)<3

Friday Check-in:
    Calories: wayyyy up and I didn't even bother to track my carbs because they would be stupid high
    Water: need more
    Exercise: nothing but work and sitting

Today wasn't a good day. I found out that precious friends of my mine are having a baby boy and they just found out that he has a severe birth defect called Trisomy 13. He may not make it full term and if he does he will most likely die within days or weeks. I have been sad and angry and turning to food all day. It wasn't even until late this afternoon that I realized why I was munching all the things. I didn't touch any sugar but the carbs I ate were just as bad. I'm restarting tomorrow and will find a healthier way to channel the sadness that I have in me. :'(

• KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Username: KMD1214
    Weigh In Week: Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 150.7
    Today’s Weight: 150.5

Made it, whew! End of the month and have decided that I’ll be taking a bit of a break . Will come back in November! Great luck, all! You are amazing!!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in week: 4 (27Sep2019) technically a day early but only by an hour!
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 208.6
    Current Weight 204.3

Remember the good, be the good, encourage others on their journey

And - so it goes. I'm happy to be headed in a down spike and trying not to think too much of it or too hard about it. I drove three hours after work today and then had dinner out with a friend, kind of glad there is no scale here, so no weighing for me until Tuesday morning. Yeps, got the puffin feet and ankles.

Food choices are mostly good for the week - odd to me that I had the fewest calories on my highest exercise days and the past few have been less walking and cals burned but consumed is up. I'm looking forward to the next several days and walking at least 3 miles a day, if I can get more or a bike ride, I will. I'm sure we'll kayak over the weekend.

Head is in a better place - I feel in control again, doing what works. Now, if I can only do that consistently and for a decent amount of time, I'd really get somewhere. Happy for the loss, happier for the better head place.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I am a newby and have been added to your team for October.

My name is Trish. I am from Perth, Western Australia. I work full time, have 2 grand daughters.

Looking forward to being more accountable and learning more about everyone
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Thursday Check-in
    Calories: on target, healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (75 min); outdoor date walk (48 min)
    Steps: over (working on a 30 day streak; completed day 8 of 30)
    Martial Arts: Yes! Yay!
    Self Care: win - did meditation; got to bed at a decent time after drinking a mug of hot tea - yay!

Friday Plans/Goals/Improvements
    Calories: on target, all healthy choices/on plan
    Water: on plan or over
    Exercise: platform stepping 45+ min
    Steps: at least 7500 (day 9 of 30)
    Self Care: 10 min meditation session; get to bed by 11:30
    Other: progress on decluttering
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Username: notsolazylisa
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 175.4
    Today's Weight: 175.6

I've been trying to be more active this past week, started going for walks again as it's been nice outside. I'm also logging my food again and have been staying under my calorie goal the last few days. I need to get my snacking under control, that's where the calories really sneak up on me.

The snacking can really get me down the wrong path. I’ve been having a hard boiled egg and some raw veggies mid afternoon and it helps get me to dinner time.
    This article makes an interesting suggestion about breaking bad habits.
    https://behavioralscientist.org/to-change-a-habit-get-extreme-progressively/

His key idea here is what he calls progressive extremism. "By slowly ratcheting up what you don’t do, you invest in a new identity through your record of successfully dropping bad habits from your life... starting with something relatively small and easy to quit begins the process of changing your habits and your identity for good."

Anyway, passing on the article in case someone else finds it inspiring or helpful!

That totally makes sense! Increase good habits so there is less time for bad habits!
    Love it!
    @raleighgirl09 are we the same person??!! Everything you said hits home for me and for the record I DO resent having to think about it all the friggin time. That said I know that is the way it will always be so I just accept it. The goal is to get to a comfortable weight while still “enjoying life”.

Checking in....I’m doing something right because I lost 1.6 lbs this week. I’m heading on a mini vacation so I am going to indulge and enjoy and not worry about it for a few days. There may be a weight loss next week or maybe there won’t but either way doesn’t matter to me because some weeks will be like that. As long as the overall journey is a success.

Enjoy @sunshineplace! So glad you are back in the team! Love your perspective on life!
    Hi there

I am a newby and have been added to your team for October.

My name is Trish. I am from Perth, Western Australia. I work full time, have 2 grand daughters.

Looking forward to being more accountable and learning more about everyone

I think you might be our first Australian to the team. We lots from the UK and US but not Australia! Welcome Trish! Hope you enjoy the group motivation and discussion!!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 3
    Previous weight: 212.??? I think 212.8
    Current weight: 211.4

No sugar challenges has gone well. I’m definitely not 100% but have definitely reduced in key areas and tones during the day. The best change for me has been increasing protein and good carbs - choosing the right fruit and veg to fill me up through the day.

Have a great day all!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 9/24 checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Previous Weight: 202.6
    Todays Weight: 202.4

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under?
    Water: over/under?
    Macro/micros :
    Exercise:

Goals or Improvements for today:
    Meet step goal
    Lots of water

This week has been horrid but thankfully scale didn’t go up.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    4fs2c9kmg0mb.png
    PLEASE WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
    @TrishasTime AND @its_cleo
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THIS TEAMMATE SETTLED FOR THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE OCT SPREADSHEET
This discussion has been closed.