MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks so much for the welcome! Looking forward to starting and hoping I don't get lost in the forums and threads lol.

I'm Canadian, a sports fan but not hockey ironically.

I'm trying to lose weight but also just lead a healthier lifestyle all around, mind and body. This is the first time I;ve tried in a group and it seems like a good one to start.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    4fs2c9kmg0mb.png
    PLEASE WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
    @TrishasTime AND @its_cleo
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THIS TEAMMATE SETTLED FOR THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE OCT SPREADSHEET

Welcome to the best group on Fat 2 Fit!!! I am so happy that you have joined. <3

Disclaimer: I already know both these ladies from another part of MFP and they are awesome! B)
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 277
    Today's Weight: 277

I hope next week I am finally going down
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    October chat is now open.
    Hop over and say hello!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    its_cleo wrote: »
    Hey thanks so much for the welcome! Looking forward to starting and hoping I don't get lost in the forums and threads lol.

I'm Canadian, a sports fan but not hockey ironically.

I'm trying to lose weight but also just lead a healthier lifestyle all around, mind and body. This is the first time I;ve tried in a group and it seems like a good one to start.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Where in Canada are you? I’m in Calgary - snowing here already
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 212.??? I think 212.8
    Current weight: 211.4

No sugar challenges has gone well. I’m definitely not 100% but have definitely reduced in key areas and tones during the day. The best change for me has been increasing protein and good carbs - choosing the right fruit and veg to fill me up through the day.

Have a great day all!

@kres567 Nice loss! I love the feeling of doing well by making healthy changes and seeing some scales progress, it's a double win!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options

Today wasn't a good day. I found out that precious friends of my mine are having a baby boy and they just found out that he has a severe birth defect called Trisomy 13. He may not make it full term and if he does he will most likely die within days or weeks. I have been sad and angry and turning to food all day. It wasn't even until late this afternoon that I realized why I was munching all the things. I didn't touch any sugar but the carbs I ate were just as bad. I'm restarting tomorrow and will find a healthier way to channel the sadness that I have in me. :'(

Thinking of you and your friends.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Reminders for weigh-ins:

End of week/end of month!!

@angielove88
    @SarahGilfach
    @Jamidi
    @ka97
    @mrmcgrath
    @buniphuphu
    @digger61
    @hinemoa2088
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    @Sunshineplace - Need your preferred weigh-in day for October and starting weight. Thanks!!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I am so thankful that today is a day at home (for most part). It was a crazy busy week and I really need some time to regroup and set some goals. For another challenge we had to create a self care bingo card and I wanted to share this with you since these are now my new goals for next 5weeks! (Ugh. I hate when I notice a typo after the fact....I do know how to spell clothes, lol)

nvichd7te04n.jpeg
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning!! I went out to dinner last but stayed pretty much on plan and didn't suffer any negative results on the scale. I am still going strong on the No Sugar Challenge and down almost a pound so far. Fingers crossed for a good weigh-in next week! :)

@mrmcgrath, what an awesome Bingo card and such a good idea! That would make a fun challenge for the whole group. :)
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon you were just given some awesome advice from @sunshineplace and I hope you will take it to heart. I am at this very moment beating myself up because I made some really bad choices today but I'm here and I'm owning it and I'm going to accept the love and support that this group is so good at giving. And yes, this group is so VERY blessed to have @AustinRuadhain. :)<3

Friday Check-in:
    Calories: wayyyy up and I didn't even bother to track my carbs because they would be stupid high
    Water: need more
    Exercise: nothing but work and sitting

Today wasn't a good day. I found out that precious friends of my mine are having a baby boy and they just found out that he has a severe birth defect called Trisomy 13. He may not make it full term and if he does he will most likely die within days or weeks. I have been sad and angry and turning to food all day. It wasn't even until late this afternoon that I realized why I was munching all the things. I didn't touch any sugar but the carbs I ate were just as bad. I'm restarting tomorrow and will find a healthier way to channel the sadness that I have in me. :'(

I’m so sorry @TeresaW1020. My cousin and his wife lost their baby to that defect earlier this year. It was the saddest news. And for people around them it was so hard because there is nothing anyone can do. Take care!
  • hinemoa2088
    hinemoa2088 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Username: hinemoa2088
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Week 4
    Previous weight: 164
    Current weight: 162.2
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Hop over and say hello!

I'm curious about this - how do I get there? I tried to just change the 'September' to 'October' in the address line but that didn't work, brought me right back here.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761630/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-october-2019#latest
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hey guys
    I am going to step away from the challenge for a bit. I’m overwhelmed with work and just don’t have time for the regular check ins. Plus, the up and down fluctuations in the scale are making me crazy. I think I will be better with checking the scale once or twice a month and focusing more on how the clothes are fitting.
    Who knows....maybe in a month or two when things have settled down I’ll be ready to be back.
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Hop over and say hello!

I'm curious about this - how do I get there? I tried to just change the 'September' to 'October' in the address line but that didn't work, brought me right back here.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761630/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-october-2019#latest

Try this one.?.?.? Methinks maybe it got renamed after the initial links were posted? Maybe?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766330/mission-slimpossibles-october-chat#latest
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Saturday Check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: on my feet, all day rearranging my living room and then putting it back the way it was *rolls eyes* :#

Today was a good day. I've decided to try this new thing with my intermittent fasting to stop me from mindless eating when my window opens. I use an app for my IF called Life and I usually turn it on when I'm done eating and back on when I start eating again. But for the last two days, I've been turning it on to eat my first meal and then turn it off and then back on for dinner and back off. It has really helped me not snack between lunch and dinner. I don't know what having an app on and off works for me but it does! We will see Wednesday when I weigh in!! ;) I've also not touched any sugar for 7 days. Three more to go!! B)

@ka97, we understand that you need to step away. We will be here whenever you would like to come back. Take care! <3
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    OCTOBER STEP CHALLENGE

I'm thinking of doing a step challenge for October for the Slimpossibles. I really need to get back to working out and tracking always seems to help me. Plus, I'm competitive and like to win! :D Seriously, all you have to do is set a step goal and try to reach it. Post your steps every day and I will keep track of the totals. No pressure if you don't want to join but if you do please let me know so I can get a spreadsheet going for Oct. 1st. :)
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    OCTOBER STEP CHALLENGE

I'm thinking of doing a step challenge for October for the Slimpossibles. I really need to get back to working out and tracking always seems to help me. Plus, I'm competitive and like to win! :D Seriously, all you have to do is set a step goal and try to reach it. Post your steps every day and I will keep track of the totals. No pressure if you don't want to join but if you do please let me know so I can get a spreadsheet going for Oct. 1st. :)

Hi Teresa - I am in :) 10K per day
This discussion has been closed.