twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    CW 327.2
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,120 Member
    Options
    twinkle150 wrote: »
    CW 327.2

Thanks for submitting this even though you have not had the week of your dreams - let us know if there are ways we can help you stick with it and start the pounds coming off. Or just come and vent, share news, or check in.
  • jugar
    Options
    LAST CALL!

These are the last 3 Friday and Saturday weigh-ins due - please be sure they are here before I start the tallies at 7:30 Sunday morning, Eastern time. Thanks!
    @martinesther88
    @marieamethyst
    @evangsimmons170
  • jugar
    Options
    So how is sober September going @Andreabroadley and anyone else who is giving this a try? I have had a few moments of ALMOST falling off, but so far I'm hanging tough! It feels great - I'm on an even keel, don't feel like I need to resort to alcohol to connect or squash feelings, and I can exercise in the evening while I watch an episode of something if I feel like it. And I hit the goal weight I set a few years ago, and decided to aim for 5 more pounds.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In: Monday
    PW: 285.8
    CW: 286.2
    So sorry I’m late. Attending a funeral - tough week
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late response. I literally worked all day today (Saturday)...from about 7 am until midnight,,tutoring online and Shipt Shopping. Thank God for enough energy to make it through the day!

WEIGH-IN:

Username = @evangsimmons170
    Week = 1 (September)
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (9/14/19)
    PW = 339.6
    CW = 338.8
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Here are some questions I've been thinking about for us to consider: Have you set up milestones for yourself along your healthy journey? If so, when and how often? How will you reward yourself in some non-food way for reaching each milestone?

I started my most recent journey at 360 lbs. My first milestone will be when I hit 330. (I sure thought I'd be there and beyond by now, but at least I'm keeping off what I've lost so far.) Anyway, my non-food reward will be a bottle of Calvin Klein's parfum called Flame. It smells wonderful! And I'm completely out of parfums. I've been using some splash stuff for months to hold me over. (I'm a girlie girl and I love wearing parfum every day...not that toilet water stuff. LOL) Yeah, I know, I sound like a spoiled brat. :blush: My goal is to hit 330 by or before my birthday in November. Can't wait!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    ocsis3lo648a.png
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT

oekp7wev4fql.png

0j6bjqhjlewh.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Workout Warriors 0.55%
    INDIVIDUAL % schlerin 2.32%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 25.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST ConfidentRaven 6.2

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 68.6 POUNDS OR 0.26% !!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Workout Warriors 0.55%
    2nd Weight No More 0.35%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.30%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST

1st Workout Warriors 25.6
    2nd Weight No More 14.5
    3rd Shrinking Assets 12.9

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @schlerin 2.32%
    2nd @Katmary71 2.09%
    3rd @Amsandos 2.08%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @ConfidentRaven 6.2
    2nd @schlerin 4.8
    3rd @amytriesww 4.3

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@ConfidentRaven
    @megnolia82
    @SLIMN2016
    @matthewsfive
    @LiveLaughLove1969
    @NStephenson01
    @amytriesww
    @LovebyDraug69
    @Connie7355
  • jugar
    edited September 2019
    Options
    oczudlui049t.png
    Good Morning and Welcome to Week 3!

Congrats to our two members on the HM list - @matthewsfive and @Connie7355 <3

I read a great article this morning, making it even clearer (if necessary!) how beneficial eating lots of vegetables and fruits can be for us, and debunking a lot of the information out there about free radicals and antioxidants - recent research is very interesting on this one. Here it is if you're interested:
    http://nautil.us//issue/15/turbulence/fruits-and-vegetables-are-trying-to-kill-you?mc_cid=a95c6d4868&mc_eid=f7895f0474
  • jugar
    Options
    Here are some questions I've been thinking about for us to consider: Have you set up milestones for yourself along your healthy journey? If so, when and how often? How will you reward yourself in some non-food way for reaching each milestone?

I started my most recent journey at 360 lbs. My first milestone will be when I hit 330. (I sure thought I'd be there and beyond by now, but at least I'm keeping off what I've lost so far.) Anyway, my non-food reward will be a bottle of Calvin Klein's parfum called Flame. It smells wonderful! And I'm completely out of parfums. I've been using some splash stuff for months to hold me over. (I'm a girlie girl and I love wearing parfum every day...not that toilet water stuff. LOL) Yeah, I know, I sound like a spoiled brat. :blush: My goal is to hit 330 by or before my birthday in November. Can't wait!

Rhonda! I don't know how you do it all -but I'm glad you're here. And you certainly do not sound like a spoiled brat - just a fabulous woman with exquisite taste! :flowerforyou:
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the inspiration! I got up this morning and decided I NEED to get a workout in so I did. Now I feel good. Back to working out!! Yippee! Back to eating healthier: I don’t know how many times I have restarted but hoping this is the last.
  • jugar
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    Thank you for all of the inspiration! I got up this morning and decided I NEED to get a workout in so I did. Now I feel good. Back to working out!! Yippee! Back to eating healthier: I don’t know how many times I have restarted but hoping this is the last.

THIS IS THE LAST. I hope along with you! Become a person who needs to work out and eat healthy. Or one who just works out and eats healthy. New self definition - you are it!
  • jugar
    Options

Milestones are so important. For each 10 pounds I wanted a good non-food reward that would really mean something. At first I went for evenings at the spa with fabulous saunas and ice cold waterfall afterwards. I still do that sometimes even though I'm not losing much any more. When I started to actually feel like I looked halfway OK, it was BELTS. I had not worn a belt in decades. I have since that time acquired six amazing belts and I love wearing them every single time. They are the best reminders ever. And they hold up my loose clothes so that I can keep wearing them and not spend more money! I'll post some photos later.

Milestone stories and rewards - GO!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

At 30 pounds lost, I bought a heat comb. My hair has never been so shiny and straight lol.

At 50 lbs I'm budgeting for an hour in a sensory deprivation tank. The place I go, after your float is done they leave a cup of hot tea for you then show you to a nook full of soft lights and beanbag chairs where you can nap or doodle on the walls until you feel like facing the world again.

Once I get to one-derland, hopefully around Christmas, I'm going to get my hair professionally dyed. It's sort of blue-green right now, I want fire gradient hair though, where it fades from black to orange.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

At 30 pounds lost, I bought a heat comb. My hair has never been so shiny and straight lol.

At 50 lbs I'm budgeting for an hour in a sensory deprivation tank. The place I go, after your float is done they leave a cup of hot tea for you then show you to a nook full of soft lights and beanbag chairs where you can nap or doodle on the walls until you feel like facing the world again.

Once I get to one-derland, hopefully around Christmas, I'm going to get my hair professionally dyed. It's sort of blue-green right now, I want fire gradient hair though, where it fades from black to orange.

Oh my goodness, @Terytha! You reminded me that I did a session in a floatation tank this summer for the first time ever! It was so wonderful that I'm making a gazillion typos while typing this post! I definitely have to make that one of my rewards too. The experience is absolutely surreal!

Congrats on the heat comb and the upcoming sensory deprivation tank!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

Oh my goodness, @Terytha! You reminded me that I did a session in a floatation tank this summer for the first time ever! It was so wonderful that I'm making a gazillion typos while typing this post! I definitely have to make that one of my rewards too. The experience is absolutely surreal!

Congrats on the heat comb and the upcoming sensory deprivation tank!

It's really something else, right? I've gone around three times but it's a bit pricey so I'm leaving it as a reward for now.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi team sorry I've been missing in action, I've fallen of the wagon again. I'm trying very hard to get back on and I'm keeping up my workouts so that's something, although I'm also eating everything in sight :( I'm hoping that my workouts will at least help me maintain for now while I sort out my head.
    I've never actually rewarded myself for my losses, so maybe I should start. You've got me curious, what is a floatation tank? Sorry if I sound ignorant.....
  • jugar
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @Pearl4686 - so sorry to hear you're going through a struggle, but at least your workouts are happening (running after the wagon!!!) and you should be getting your plan together to have that ONE perfect day. It always amazed me, every time I started eating everything in sight, how hopeless it feels to get back on track. But once one good eating day is under your belt, it is immediately easier to keep going again. So try to do just one perfect day. Log everything, plan ahead, stick with it, and that will hopefully give you the energy to keep on with it. Think up some of those rewards! They really help. Maybe @micki48 can design us a fun countdown to reward thingy. I love her paper rings with weights written on them - one comes off at a time. Heading towards a reward could be another fun one.

@Terytha you have the coolest ideas. Can't wait to see that hair dye - I have never seen one like that before! AND how are you feeling??????

@evangsimmons170 - where did those gazillion typos go? That was hilarious.

I may not be around too much tomorrow (going off to play at a memorial event in Vermont, and then camping overnight with my taller half) but here are the reminders of the day:

HEADS UP!
    Due Sunday - @Andreabroadley ( @kx7003 has decided to move to support for the rest of the month - she'll be back in October)

Due Monday - @Juliemargaretkim @reflectionofme @tdrjustus3 (do you want me to change you to a Saturday WI?)

Enjoy the beginning of the new week, everyone :kissing_heart:
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @Pearl4686 - so sorry to hear you're going through a struggle, but at least your workouts are happening (running after the wagon!!!) and you should be getting your plan together to have that ONE perfect day. It always amazed me, every time I started eating everything in sight, how hopeless it feels to get back on track. But once one good eating day is under your belt, it is immediately easier to keep going again. So try to do just one perfect day. Log everything, plan ahead, stick with it, and that will hopefully give you the energy to keep on with it. Think up some of those rewards! They really help. Maybe @micki48 can design us a fun countdown to reward thingy. I love her paper rings with weights written on them - one comes off at a time. Heading towards a reward could be another fun one.

@Terytha you have the coolest ideas. Can't wait to see that hair dye - I have never seen one like that before! AND how are you feeling??????

@evangsimmons170 - where did those gazillion typos go? That was hilarious.

I may not be around too much tomorrow (going off to play at a memorial event in Vermont, and then camping overnight with my taller half) but here are the reminders of the day:

HEADS UP!
    Due Sunday - @Andreabroadley ( @kx7003 has decided to move to support for the rest of the month - she'll be back in October)

Due Monday - @Juliemargaretkim @reflectionofme @tdrjustus3 (do you want me to change you to a Saturday WI?)

Enjoy the beginning of the new week, everyone :kissing_heart:

Girl, I fixed the typos lol. But I was typing practically every other word 2 or 3 times if not more before getting it right lolol.
This discussion has been closed.