WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    This week's group challenge, compliments of Slimpossibles motivator @AustinRuadhain and captain/motivator @TeresaW2010, has been posted at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10763544/week-2-group-challenge-by-the-slimpossibles#latest
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So last night we went to my parents and they took me to a local place and I had some fried catfish with all the fixin’s for my birthday dinner. It was SO good. I logged it even knowing I would go over. Today I’m having some Mexican food after church, I will log it too. Then I have the rest of the week to be good. I WILL exercise this week, I WILL log this week and I WILL NOT beat myself up if I slip. 😁
    Love y’all!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    We went out last night too to check out a local bbq place that has a playground... did have some drinks while watching my kids burn calories for me (that's how it works, right?), oops! Stayed within maintenance calories for the day at least. :)

@Terytha

9/2 - 7327
    9/3 - 10252
    9/4 - 9442
    9/5 - 10306
    9/6 - 4917
    9/7 - 8944
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I'm having a weird day! Eating grains, and even a thing made of flour - I don't do that often, but once in a while. And I got a brand new gas stove and just HAD to try out the oven, right? Gluten free zucchini bread and muffins. They're way too good, and the new oven baked them to perfection. Zucchini from the garden - does that remove some of the extra calories? Probably not, sadly. AND I had a cheese bread stick thingy. Shopping while hungry :|

Salad for dinner, also from the garden (kale, red cabbage). And I'm about to try a somewhat intense looking shoulder workout after practicing (flute) and finding that some of my shoulder strength is fading. Can't let it!

I think you are being too hard on yourself. You have done so well and are at a low for you. You shouldn’t feel bad about eating a little zucchini bread and a cheese breadstick thingy. I don’t consider that a slip at all. But I am not you and if it makes you feel bad, you know you best. I just wanted to let you know that from here on the sideline, you are still doing fabulous. And take that shower if you want to! Any calorie burn is exercise credit. Hugs to you friend.
  • micki48
    edited September 2019
    Options
    So today my weight goes down a pound, but not officially so I’m not entering it.

Goals for the week:

•Lose at least a pound
    •Walk three times
    •Pilates daily (I’m doing a thing. Let me know if your interested. It’s online. Balanced Life)
    •Read my 📖 each day
    •Log.
    •Stay under calories

(Wew, that’s a lot!!)

I will make a little sheet to check off my goals each day. (Teacher in me)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all, and welcome to WEEK 2.

For week 1 our top 3 weight loss champs are:
    @Pearl4686
    @cory17
    @marieamethyst
    All 3 of you had a great week - remember what you did and repeat often!
    I am absolutely flabbergasted I made it in the top 3. How did that happen?
    But also chuffed to bits.
    Congrats fellow champs!
  • micki48
    Options
    Here it is. LOL0o9sebt3vhpg.jpeg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    So today my weight goes down a pound, but not officially so I’m not entering it.

Goals for the week:

•Lose at least a pound
    •Walk three times
    •Pilates daily (I’m doing a thing. Let me know if your interested. It’s online. Balanced Life)
    •Read my 📖 each day
    •Log.
    •Stay under calories

(Wew, that’s a lot!!)

I will make a little sheet to check off my goals each day. (Teacher in me)

I'm interested! Could you send me the link to the balanced life thing? I think I found it, but want to be sure it's the same one so we can feel like we're doing it together :) I think it is time for a different style workout for a while, so this sounds like it could be just the ticket.

Great list of goals - and thanks for your kind words! It is true that I find a day of eating like yesterday to be weird (not necessarily discouraging) - grains do something to my insides and the way I feel. As long as I have just a bit (like the crust of my polenta pie which is otherwise all veggies) I'm fine. But more than that speeds up my heart rate and makes my digestion feel like it has stalled right in my stomach. Even whole grains, so I usually just avoid them. I eat carby veg and fruit with no problem, so never feel too deprived!
  • micki48
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    So last night we went to my parents and they took me to a local place and I had some fried catfish with all the fixin’s for my birthday dinner. It was SO good. I logged it even knowing I would go over. Today I’m having some Mexican food after church, I will log it too. Then I have the rest of the week to be good. I WILL exercise this week, I WILL log this week and I WILL NOT beat myself up if I slip. 😁
    Love y’all!

That’s the way to do it!!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE LITTLE NIECE!! You are still my little flower girl in my mind. Love you sweetie!!! 🎉❤️🎂🎈Lets do this!!!
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar Here’s the link. Starts tomorrow. She’s great. I subscribe and don’t use it but know it works. Maybe this jumpstart will get me going.

https://thebalancedlifeonline.com/mind-body-pilates-challenge/?fbclid=IwAR1Y3mHUALwZk37jrocANJdRi2ggP7bMW99Yis8C4_2hIo4IPDGMDtoVltc
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Just need a few more steps!
    @fourathomej I need steps from Wednesday on.

@marieamethyst Any ideas for your steps on September 1?

@berriesandsunshine I just need yesterday.

If you aren't sure I can leave some blanks. :)

@tdrjustus3 @jlbtnc @Blackbeautysue I'd still love to hear from you!
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Just need a few more steps!
    @fourathomej I need steps from Wednesday on.
    @marieamethyst Any ideas for your steps on September 1?
    @berriesandsunshine I just need yesterday.
    If you aren't sure I can leave some blanks. :)
    @tdrjustus3 @jlbtnc @Blackbeautysue I'd still love to hear from you!
    I have had to move jlbtnc and blackbeautysue to the support team, and if they don't check in for another week, they will sadly be dropped and have to re-register if they want to return. No word from either of them. I think you can remove them from the step team for the moment.
    tdrjustus3 did weigh in, but you might want to send her a message to see if she will be posting steps. She has not been on at all other than to weigh in.
    Thanks for working on this!!
  • jugar
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @jugar Here’s the link. Starts tomorrow. She’s great. I subscribe and don’t use it but know it works. Maybe this jumpstart will get me going.

https://thebalancedlifeonline.com/mind-body-pilates-challenge/?fbclid=IwAR1Y3mHUALwZk37jrocANJdRi2ggP7bMW99Yis8C4_2hIo4IPDGMDtoVltc

I just joined, and it really looks like just what the doctor ordered for how I am feeling right now. Will you be my accountability buddy? I'll send you a message...

anyone else? check it out - it is free.
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ok my weigh in is 167.9, not sure how I log this. 6 days this week walking more than 4+ miles a day outside.
  • jugar
    edited September 2019
    Options
    machchic wrote: »
    Ok my weigh in is 167.9, not sure how I log this. 6 days this week walking more than 4+ miles a day outside.

WOW! Great week. But it is a good thing you came to ask this question. You are not on this team, but on the Shrinking Assets! I'll make sure they know you are coming over, and will correct your weigh-in for the week.

GO TO:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761634/shrinking-assets-team-chat-september-2019/p8

They will welcome you there, and that is where you will go to chat, enter their wonderful discussions of all kinds, and post your weigh ins every SATURDAY (be sure not to be late!). They can answer any other questions you might have. So good to see you in the F2F family! I'll let them know you're coming.
  • jugar
    Options
    It was cold enough here earlier that I used the seat heater in my car for the first time since the spring! LOVE my seat heater... And we have our kitchen wood stove going for the first time this season too. Sigh. Summer is over.

BUT I got off my heated derriere and did a decent workout - not up to my previous standards but I'm getting back in the swing, I hope. I'm also really excited about the Pilates 10 day thing that @micki48 let us know about.

AND the new Motivator's challenge made me think about what the heck my goals really are now. I don't need to lose any more weight, or only a little in any case, so what is the goal? I have been operating with a general "keep fit" goal, but I think it is really to build strength. I need to do something every day that builds strength in some way - and endurance is a form of strength too. I find that strength removes pain in many, many cases. I have a fairly serious tear in one meniscus, and as long as the leg and glutes are strong, I have no pain. Same with other joints as age sets in (curse it...). So a simple change of vocabulary, and I feel renewed in knowing what I need to do.

Feel free to pester me if I don't post some kind of strength building every day! AND sober September continues. So far so good.
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP! Week 2 gets under way -

Sunday weigh-ins:
    @kx7003
    @Andreabroadley (I know you'll be late - no worries)

Monday weigh-ins:
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3
  • micki48
    Options

I just joined, and it really looks like just what the doctor ordered for how I am feeling right now. Will you be my accountability buddy? I'll send you a message...

anyone else? check it out - it is free.

@jugar Yes!!! I’ll be your buddy. Sent you a message back. I am ready. There is a sheet you can print out and cross off each of the 10 days. I think I’ll go print that out for me. And is your last name Adams? Searching for you. If so, what a coincidence because that was my mother’s maiden name.
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar Yes!!! I’ll be your buddy. Sent you a message back. I am ready. There is a sheet you can print out and cross off each of the 10 days. I think I’ll go print that out for me. And is your last name Adams? Searching for you. If so, what a coincidence because that was my mother’s maiden name.
    Yes indeed - too funny. And my mother lives in North Carolina!

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,249 Member
    Options
    STEPS
    9/4 - 13091
    9/5 - 10003
    9/6 - 14395
    9/7 - 11538
    9/8 - 14721
This discussion has been closed.