WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    @visiri - hope your cold goes away FAST. Then that you have fun getting back to moving around. You stayed under 200 though!

@twinkle150 - it is a cute Paint indeed. Where do you live? Maybe when you get to your goal weight for riding, we can ride together! I have family kind of all over the place, so it isn't even too farfetched :smiley:
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options

I wish you luck for tomorrow - but no worries if you haven't quite gotten rid of the crazy weekend yet![/quote]

@jugar
    Thanks, I hope I get some sleep tonight. I can't seem to get tomorrow morning off my mind. Scary I know. But I am also looking forward to eating food that has some taste tomorrow. I think I will start off with Protein pancakes and turkey bacon, of course after I weigh in.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the concern. We are fine, the trees stayed standing, and it was a beautiful day today.

I had over 13,000 steps today. High for me. Greensboro is having a Folk Festival this weekend so I should be able to get in a lot of steps.

I am hoping I hold on to my loss from last week. My week has been ok. Staying under calories, but not as much exercise. Today, the scale was up, but I’ve had that happen before and still show a loss on Saturday’s official weigh in. Here’s hoping.
  • micki48
    Options
    A little positive thinking. 😊

ny3o5fwg4pnn.jpeg
  • jugar
    edited September 2019
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    Well, the medical issues I mentioned a few days ago are a bit worse than I thought. I've been diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer and I need to focus all my energy on fighting that battle. The weight loss battle will have to take a back burner for a bit. Please suspend me for the rest of September. Sorry team.

I see the surgeon next week. After that I'll have a plan of attack. I hope all goes well and I'll be back ready and raring to go in a month or so. Please send good thoughts my way. This is a very scaring time for me and my family. Anyone go through this before? I'd love to hear your stories.
    Oh my dear - this sounds scary indeed. We will keep you on the support team for as long as it takes, and you are ALWAYS welcome to come in and post about what you are going through, to tell us stories about the new team that will be working with you to help get you well, or anything else. I have not experienced breast cancer myself, but one of my best friends had a serious bout when she was in her early 40s. She had all the surgeries and treatments, and has been strong and healthy ever since - almost 15 years now. I am sure you will have a great medical team working with you, and your family might be scared, but they will be right there with you too. If you need a kind of "anonymous" place to vent and get support - you can always come here. You are in our hearts.
  • jugar
    Options
    It is Saturday! Last day for ALL the weigh ins, so let's get them in --
    due today:
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @Terytha
    @twinkle150

overdue and will be moved to support if there is no weigh-in this week and then dropped if there is no word after that... :'( If anyone could send either of these lovely ladies a message to ask how they are doing, that could help!
    @Blackbeautysue
    @jlbtnc
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    Week 1
    PW 201.2
    CW 203.0

Well I didn't see the result I wanted, up 1.8 pounds. God only knows how much weight I put on last weekend. I need to keep going as clean as I can to reset.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Sept 5 and 6
    Sorry to have been absent the last couple of days.
    Still dry
    Off the diet a bit but not too bad.
    Not so much working due to back pain, about 9000 steps on Thursday and 4000 yesterday.

The doctor has just prescribed Cymbalta to see if that can help.

I am traveling today and will be away from the scale tomorrow so I will give you today’s weight as my way in.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Well, the medical issues I mentioned a few days ago are a bit worse than I thought. I've been diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer and I need to focus all my energy on fighting that battle. The weight loss battle will have to take a back burner for a bit. Please suspend me for the rest of September. Sorry team.

I see the surgeon next week. After that I'll have a plan of attack. I hope all goes well and I'll be back ready and raring to go in a month or so. Please send good thoughts my way. This is a very scaring time for me and my family. Anyone go through this before? I'd love to hear your stories.

So sorry to hear... I’m very glad though that you’re able to see a surgeon next week. I am sending you positive thoughts @leni1us!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am so excited to be part of this team!

I've been battling weight loss for almost 3 years now, my goal is to lose 35 pounds in total but I am having a hard time sticking to any diets, exercise plans, etc that I try. In total so far I've lost 10 pounds so I still have another 25 to go.

My biggest struggle is not having anyone around that is also trying to achieve weight loss, when I saw this challenge group I got really excited about the possibility of meeting people with similar/same goals. So here I am! Just starting, again, on my way to get healthier and back to feeling and looking my best.

@Terytha, I have a Fitbit so if the step challenge is there I would love to be part of it.

@jugar, thank you for all the information.

Welcome to the group, @berriesandsunshine! This is a great bunch of folks to keep you motivated toward your goals. You got this!
  • evangsimmons170
    edited September 2019
    Options

I've been really struggling with medical issues recently and my focus has not been on what I eat. I really need to "reel it in" and get back to healthy eating. I'be put on a few lbs (I can feel it) and I don't want to head back down that slippery slope. I would love to join in on the step challenge again. I love the accountability and the need to come back here and post.

@leni1us I hope your medical issues will be resolved soon in a good way. Don't lose hope. Every day is a new day to win a victory! You got this! :smile:

I saw your other post from earlier this morning after I read the one above. You're in my thoughts and prayers. I know this is scary, but I'm so glad they caught it early. Keep fighting.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    WEIGH-IN:

Username = @evangsimmons170
    Week = 1
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (9/7/19)
    PW = 342.2
    CW = 339.6

Finally out of the 340s, although barely! This week's goal is to lose 2 more lbs. One thing that helped this week, though painfully, was that I think I burned (or at least irritated) the roof of my mouth earlier this week while eating some fried fish that was too hot. (And it wasn't even that good!) So I've been eating less to avoid the pain. Plus, this week I've been trying to stick to 2 meals a day. My mouth is feeling better each day, but I refuse to let my recovery be a license to binge.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Saturday: still 227.2.

I'm stuck. But that's ok. Yesterday was a really bad day for various reasons, and I thought today would be worse. This week my doctor should have my blood test and xray results so maybe I'll get some answers. Fingers crossed. :/
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Weigh in Saturday: still 227.2.

I'm stuck. But that's ok. Yesterday was a really bad day for various reasons, and I thought today would be worse. This week my doctor should have my blood test and xray results so maybe I'll get some answers. Fingers crossed. :/

I hope you get good results too, @Terytha. Are you feeling better yet?
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    I saw this pic on the week 1 F2F Challenge thread and thought it was too good not to share, if you haven't seen it already:

dp4mad5cug7j.png
  • micki48
    Options

@leni1us Sending all the good energy and light to you. I can only imagine how scary this must be for you. So glad they caught it early. And happy you have a team of doctors right on it and family to support you. I know being positive helps throughout your plan of action to attack this. We are here for you if you need to dump thoughts and feelings. Wishing you a great outcome. Hugs to you.
    ❤️M
  • micki48
    Options
    @Terytha
    Steps for week 1.
    Today still in progress.
    t5536jeuc0xu.jpeg
  • micki48
    Options
    Up, down, up...here I go again.