PLEASE WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE ON YOUR TEAM
    @berriesandsunshine AND @marieamethyst
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING HER SETTLED FOR THE SEPT CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG

I HAVE ENTERED ON THE SPREAD SHEET

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @marieamethyst and welcome @berriesandsunshine ! We're excited to have you as part of the team. :)

We do a little step challenge as well so if you're tracking that and wanna join in please let me know.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Sure! I wear a Fitbit to keep track of my steps/activity :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    All right! Two more team members - it will be great getting to know you. Post often and we'll hopefully help you as much as you'll help us. "MORE ENERGY!" as my favourite photographer likes to shout (in her adorable German accent).

So @berriesandsunshine and @marieamethyst - try to catch up on some of the posts earlier this month so you see who else is around, and if you have any questions on how things work, just post them here. I usually take care of the spreadsheets, weigh-ins, and general housekeeping issues. @Terytha is the step team organiser and @evangsimmons170 is our motivator who gets some really interesting discussions going (when her crazy work schedule permits!). EVERYONE is a motivator, though. I hope you find the team a good place to think, dream, plan, and accomplish your goals.

A couple of us are having a Sober September as one of our goals for the month. If you want to do this too, just post every day to let us know how it is going.
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP!
    Weigh-ins for Wednesday:
    @Fourathomej
    @offitgoes

Leftovers from Monday:
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @tdrjustus3

k8mzkc21bp8y.png
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    September 3
    Still dry
    Good on food and under on calories
    20 mins stationary bike and 14000 steps..

Here’s what the Apple Watch challenge says..

rvdpii2c59ng.png
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @jugar & @Andreabroadley wow, you are both killing it! Very impressed & reminding me to stay on track.
    Thankfully, I think I'm back! Phew!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in: 9/3
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 minutes jogging in place
    Steps: 10,252
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    CW: 129.2

I'm HERE!

So much going on right now -- more time this weekend (I hope) --so I'll write more -- but I am THRILLED (and surprised!) to get an honorable mention last month!

The short of it is our son is moving out today (moving to Brooklyn with three of his college mates) and we have been having many adventures before he goes... bittersweet, to be sure! But, his "best friend" is moving to L.A. (which would be the other side of the country for us) so I guess we should be glad he hasn't jumped on THAT plane yet.... lol! He's 22, and this is what you do in your 20's! At least my husband and I (he's our only) will get back to our schedule and big salads for dinner. And I'll get back to my Monday weigh ins. :D
  • jugar
    Options
    CW: 129.2

I'm HERE!

So much going on right now -- more time this weekend (I hope) --so I'll write more -- but I am THRILLED (and surprised!) to get an honorable mention last month!

The short of it is our son is moving out today (moving to Brooklyn with three of his college mates) and we have been having many adventures before he goes... bittersweet, to be sure! But, his "best friend" is moving to L.A. (which would be the other side of the country for us) so I guess we should be glad he hasn't jumped on THAT plane yet.... lol! He's 22, and this is what you do in your 20's! At least my husband and I (he's our only) will get back to our schedule and big salads for dinner. And I'll get back to my Monday weigh ins. :D
    Thank you, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your big changes! My son just turned 23, and even though he already left once to do a year of university (deciding that is was not for him after that), he will be moving out again some time soon. It is hard, but, as you say - a gift for healthier eating. MAN, can they put away the food. At least mine cooks and is a quite healthy eater. It's just the quantities that blow me away. He can hardly keep 145 pounds on him - always struggling to gain weight, poor, poor thing :p

So enjoy the move, the excitement of his new next step, and we'll be glad to hear all the news when the dust settles. <3
  • jugar
    Options
    September 3
    Still dry
    Good on food and under on calories
    20 mins stationary bike and 14000 steps..

Here’s what the Apple Watch challenge says..

rvdpii2c59ng.png

this is really cool - not cool enough to convince me to buy one, but really cool anyhow!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Weigh day: Wed
    PW: 177
    CW: 174.8
    I am usually quiet but I love reading all your updates. Encourages me! Recently diagnosed as diabetic. My younger brother lost 20lbs and got his A1C down 5 pts. Excited for him. He has been my inspirtation to finally kick this in gear. Can't have my younger brother showing me up. ;)
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,249 Member
    Options
    PW: 147.8
    CW: 148
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    PW: 177
    CW: 174.8
    I am usually quiet but I love reading all your updates. Encourages me! Recently diagnosed as diabetic. My younger brother lost 20lbs and got his A1C down 5 pts. Excited for him. He has been my inspirtation to finally kick this in gear. Can't have my younger brother showing me up. ;)

Good on you! My 13 years younger sister (carefree 25 yr old) has always been slim and I have always been obese. At a wedding last week, we were wearing the same dress but she was wearing a size larger then me. I thought I would be happy, but I actually felt quite bad about it. She's now started watching her food intake. Family competition- I'm never sure it's a good thing but sounds like you're channeling it right!
  • berriesandsunshine
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am so excited to be part of this team!

I've been battling weight loss for almost 3 years now, my goal is to lose 35 pounds in total but I am having a hard time sticking to any diets, exercise plans, etc that I try. In total so far I've lost 10 pounds so I still have another 25 to go.

My biggest struggle is not having anyone around that is also trying to achieve weight loss, when I saw this challenge group I got really excited about the possibility of meeting people with similar/same goals. So here I am! Just starting, again, on my way to get healthier and back to feeling and looking my best.

@Terytha, I have a Fitbit so if the step challenge is there I would love to be part of it.

@jugar, thank you for all the information.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    ~☆~STEP CHALLENGE UPDATE~☆~

Our steppers, in no particular order, are currently:

@micki48
    @fourathomej
    @martinesther88
    @Evangsimmons170
    @tdrjustus
    @jlbtnc
    @Blackbeautysue
    @marieamethyst
    @berriesandsunshine

Please let me know if you wish to be added or removed from this list!

You can post daily, weekly, screenshots, no screenshots, or however you like! BUUUUT, for those posting screenshots can you please just type "steps" somewhere in your post to make it easy for me to find.

Also please have your steps for the week in by Sunday morning, if possible.

Thank you! ♡
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,249 Member
    Options
    STEPS:

8/28 - 13474
    8/29 - 12448
    8/30 - 14663
    9/1 - 21351
    9/2 - 12915
    9/3 - 15236
This discussion has been closed.