WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I’m Timi from team weight no more. I made an apple Watch challenge for the F2F group if anyone wants to join.

You have been invited to compete in ''September F2F Challenge ''!

First, download Challenges:
    http://apple.co/29WoKbl

Once you have the app, enter invite code: 'e3dp' or tap on the link below to join:

https://loseit.com/challenges-invite?&eligibilitycode=e3dp
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 157.3
    Current weight:157.4

On the run, will post more of an update later today! Beginning a dry month today!

I’m calling my September “semi-sober.” It’s the month of birthdays so a little celebrating will occur.
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am new to this challenge and looking forward to the month
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    twinkle150 wrote: »

Hi @twinkle150 ! Another horse person, I see :) I ride a lovely Appy stallion (the one in front in my photo), and my daughter is out in Alberta with her wonderful appy gelding (the middle one in my photo) and a young paint she is just training. Tell me more about yours! And let us know your goals and how you'd like this month to go.
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day - Sunday
    CW - 130 pounds
    Been stuck at 130-132 for about a month but I’m happy to maintain at the moment. I am aiming for 128 next week 👍🏽
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    twinkle150 wrote: »

Welcome @twinkle150! Welcome to our group. Glad to have you here.
  • micki48
    Options
    Worked in my garden for about two hours this afternoon ripping out ivy. Done for now, but more to go later.
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Worked in my garden for about two hours this afternoon ripping out ivy. Done for now, but more to go later.

Ripping out ivy sounds somehow sinister - but I get it! I ripped out tons of spinach, beans, lettuce, and basil today - some of them really just ripping out the plants that have finished producing. It's kind of fun just to pull the stuff out and be done with it! I had hours of freezing spinach today, but had a great dinner of spiralized zucchini with fresh tomato, basil, oregano, spinach, and some parmesan. With grilled salmon.
  • jugar
    Options
    timibotkin wrote: »
    Hi everyone I’m Timi from team weight no more. I made an apple Watch challenge for the F2F group if anyone wants to join.

You have been invited to compete in ''September F2F Challenge ''!

First, download Challenges:
    http://apple.co/29WoKbl

Once you have the app, enter invite code: 'e3dp' or tap on the link below to join:

https://loseit.com/challenges-invite?&eligibilitycode=e3dp

Hi Timi - you are amazing to set this up! I hope there are a few takers. It does not quite convince me to go out and get one, though B)
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    OTHER CHALLENGES AND FUN:

In addition to the Moderators' Challenge (link above), the WORKOUT WARRIORS have posted a photo challenge that really gets you thinking about healthy habits and sharing with others. Check it out:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10762431/week-1-group-challenge-by-the-workout-warriors#latest

As always, these challenges are optional, but they really focus on something different every week, and you get to share with people from the other five teams.

AND,
    QUESTION FROM TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE:
    I have been helping them out because they lost one of their captains. We thought we might do a challenge together. They proposed Apple Watch challenge, and even set one up for people to look at to see if they are interested. I don't know if any of you have an Apple watch, but here is the info if you do:

Boom! You have been invited to compete in ''September F2F Challenge''!
    First, download Challenges: http://apple.co/29WoKbl
    Once you have the app, enter invite code: e3dp

Let us know if you get into this and how it is. If you have any other ideas post away!

I joined the Apple Watch challenge, not 100% sure that I did it correctly but I will check it out tomorrow..

Today I did well with food, walked about 12,000 steps, and made my alcohol pledge.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday / Labour Day!
    It's pouring down rain here this morning, and I hope any of you in Florida or elsewhere in the hurricane zone are all right. My niece and her husband live in Jupiter so they're keeping me posted if they can.

Yesterday I made 2 of my 3 commitments:
    • Logged EVERYTHING, and closed log at the end of the day
    • No alcohol
    • Earn my shower - didn't really get vigorous exercise, but was on my feet back and forth from the garden all day, pulling, raking, hoeing. So no. But not terrible.
    You know what felt great and was useful? Getting the blasted logging done, and being aware of it as I decided what to eat (or more, what NOT to eat!). If anyone can see my food diary (that is my setting), I want to look good, right? I find that really helpful. I hear your voices in my head before putting something in my mouth. Thanks! Now I just need to get my strength workouts back on track. Strength building has eliminated almost all pain from my joints. I'm 65, have a torn meniscus, and am a musician. We get back, neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand issues really easily, and so far strengthening all those areas has been nothing short of amazing. I've been letting it slip through August and I'm starting to feel it. Back to the mats!

Let's get some more reports here - what are your commitments and how is it going?
  • jugar
    Options
    I joined the Apple Watch challenge, not 100% sure that I did it correctly but I will check it out tomorrow..

Today I did well with food, walked about 12,000 steps, and made my alcohol pledge.
    Looks like a great day! 12,000 takes some doing, and thanks for doing the Sober September with me! I wasn't doing well on my own with cutting it out, and this was just the push I needed. Let us know how the Apple Watch challenge goes - I'm really curious about what it tracks, how it works, etc.
  • micki48
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    micki48 wrote: »

Ripping out ivy sounds somehow sinister - but I get it! I ripped out tons of spinach, beans, lettuce, and basil today - some of them really just ripping out the plants that have finished producing. It's kind of fun just to pull the stuff out and be done with it! I had hours of freezing spinach today, but had a great dinner of spiralized zucchini with fresh tomato, basil, oregano, spinach, and some parmesan. With grilled salmon.

@jugar Your dinner sounds amazing!! Something I would definitely enjoy. The ivy is a mosquito haven or so I was told by a landscape architect friend. In any case, it tries to take over everything and I’m not letting it take out any more of my trees.

I hardly ever go out, but met my daughter and her family at a brewery downtown yesterday. Had one yummy beer and a Lobster roll. Very good. Didn’t get my whole log filled out last night but may go back and try to fill it in today. I will log everything today. No eating out. I usually restrict my alcohol because I don’t want the calories, but every now and then I do allow myself a drink.

I don’t have an Apple Watch so I’m out on that challenge, however I will go check out the photo challenge.

Sun is shining and it looks like a beautiful day. We will probably be getting this hurricane here in NC later this week, but downgraded substantially by the time it arrives. My prayers are with those getting pummeled by this monster.

Hope you all have a great day!!😄
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm still off the wagon :'( and beginning to panic I'm going to gain it all back. I tend to do well up untill about 4 in the afternoon and then crash on everything in sight but mostly chocolate and biscuits.
    I'm really hoping I'll get back on track next week with kids back at school.
    I'm not giving up!

Spent the weekend with extended family who haven't seen me for awhile and enjoyed a lot of nice compliments and some weird ones too (is it intentional?) :)
    First time I get real feedback on my nearly 40lb loss so that was nice.

Have a great week everyone.
  • Pearl4686
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @mari_moulin
    we miss you! I hope you are ok
    <3<3<3
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Thank you for texting and checking on me and my goals! I have been bad in August not logging or exercising. But this month will be great. I would love to lose 3 pounds by the end of the month. My long term goal is to be under 200 by December!
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 129.5
    CW: 129.5

• Pearl4686
    Options
    @jugar letting you know I've changed my username just slightly.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Still sick. May be a couple more days before I'm active again, but don't worry. I'm not in danger. Fever finally broke.

Hope you're feeling better today @Terytha!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @jugar, I like my Apple Watch. But it has some deficiencies. It does not sync well with the exercise calories on MFP. I have looked at MFP's explanations, which seem to be "we are working on it."

So when I complete my log on MFP, I rarely get the " you have eaten under your goal" even if I do. But also strangely I think think it overstates my TDEE by about 250 calories per day, at least it is quite a bit higher than my old Fitbit. So the way I deal with it all is to put the calories and the TDEE into a spreadsheet and adjust things by 250 to target a defcit (trying for 500 right now).

It can track your sleep as well as exercise routines. I turn on an HIIT function when I do my Orangetheory and it tells me how many calories burned. It tracks heart rate I think pretty accurately. It also apparently will tell you if something wonky is going on with the heart (but I would not buy that).

A big part of the reason I bought it is for the fall detection feature. After I got sick in Feb, we decided it would be good if my kids/husband could know if I fell down.. it sends them a text and location. Has not been needed as of yet!

But it is a nice watch. Tells time really well haha. I can answer my phone on it. which can be handy. Also if I lose my phone in the house, I can ping it from the watch. THAT IS VERY HANDY LOL!
This discussion has been closed.