WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
WELCOME TO WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the SEPTEMBER Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the SEPTEMBER Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Mari- @mari_moulin ( GROUP OWNER)
Steve - @steplaj
Greg - @Navydaddjtc
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc and @shockvalue07
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @terytha and @jugar
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @lindamtuck2018

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @shockvalue07 @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @teresaw1020
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Team WaistAways - @evangsimmons170
Team Shrinking Assets - @beka3695

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for SEPTEMBER. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    Welcome new and returning members of Team WaistAways!

We have a beautiful team here, and hope that everyone will continue to make it a place to share and support each other as we aim for our health and fitness goals. Some of us are at or near maintenance after a long process. Some are at the beginning or in the middle of the path. We are all kinds of ages, live in many different places, and do all sorts of work. We all want to dig in and make progress no matter what!

The competitive side of the F2F Challenge includes our weekly weigh ins and all the group challenges, the step team, and any other fun stuff we think of that helps keep us on the right track. But sometimes it is just about the support, and not letting a slip last too long. No one should feel they need to quit just because things are going badly. That is probably when you need a good team the most! Hang in there, share the good, the bad, the amazing, the discouraging. Someone may have just the trick or idea that will help you out of a bad spot, and you might have one for someone else.

Let's fly!
    3kavzjwde75r.png
  • jugar
    Options
    It is time for monthly introductions. Hop on in and tell what you want to about yourself.

I'm Liselyn, one of your captains, and one of the moderators of the F2F challenge. I live in rural Québec, I'm a retired university professor of music, still a musician, and I try to spend a lot of time outdoors. I have two kids in their 20s, a daughter in the Canadian Army (living in Alberta), and a son who works locally building big things out of wood and keeping his parents somewhat sane. I lost about 40 pounds 7 years ago, and have kept within a reasonable maintenance zone for quite a while now. Last fall I slipped up badly, and joined this team to get back on track. It has been great! I still struggle with sticking on the straight and narrow, so this really helps. I love feeling fitter now than I did when I was in my 50s - and staying there! Hopefully this team can help others as much as it has me.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’m Virginia, am in my 50s as well. Have a sophomore in HS son and will be working until after he graduates from college. I was the super skinny kid that had their metabolism reverse on them in their 30s. I’ve lost the weight a few times and have just felt stuck. My MIL refused to move and take care of herself and that was a wake up call for me. I don’t want to weigh what I did in my 20s, but I do want to be a healthy weight and I know that you’ve got to move it or lose it and I’m too young to be incapacitated by my own inaction.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Also - September starting weight is 199, not sure where to post that today.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Amber, your team co-captain. I've been fat my entire life and so far I've lost 45 pounds with MFP's help. I still have a ways to go, and being here with everyone gives me the courage to face the top of the mountain without giving up.
  • jugar
    edited August 2019
    Options
    visiri wrote: »
    Also - September starting weight is 199, not sure where to post that today.

Welcome back onto the regular roster! I'll put your starting weight in and you're good to go :)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a 37 year old busy mum of little ones. I've been obese most of my adult life and successfully lost close to 40 lb since joining MFP at the end of January. I say nearly 40, as I've really struggled the last 2 months and regained some of my loss. I'm hoping that with the kids back at school soon, my routine becomes more predictable and I can plan my meals better and get back on track.
    Good luck newbies and oldies!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I’m Connie, 64 and just retired the end of May. I’ve been on MFP for several years now. I’ve lost 54 lbs, gained some back and lost it again. It’s definitely a journey! I am within 12 lbs of my goal weight my doctor set for me.
    I stay busy selling antiques with my husband on EBay and we do a couple of flea markets a year.
    This group is very helpful and supportive!! Wishing you all the best of luck!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Still sick. May be a couple more days before I'm active again, but don't worry. I'm not in danger. Fever finally broke.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    4fs2c9kmg0mb.png
    TEAM WAISTAWAYS
    PLEASE WELCOME TO THE SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE ON YOUR TEAM
    @twinkle150
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING HER SETTLED FOR THE SEPT CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG

I HAVE ENTERED ON THE SPREAD SHEET

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    WEEK 4 OF AUGUST IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT
    r50qpmwe1xwi.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 11.9 POUNDS OR 0.05%!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 0.69%
    INDIVIDUAL % Tualla 3.61%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 21.4
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST Tualla 8.2

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.69%
    2nd Workout Warriors 0.08%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles -0.01%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 21.4
    2nd Workout Warriors 3.2
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles -0.3

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Tualla 3.61%
    2nd @apple852hk 1.76%
    3rd @Wilsonkellies 1.71%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @Tualla 8.2
    2nd @Pamela_Sue 6.0
    3rd @amytriesww 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @amytriesww
    @Barbb1557
    @schlerin
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @guitargirl55
    @mrmcgrath
    @Beka3695
    @CaydensMommy
    @Lindamtuck2018
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome @twinkle150 ! Come on in and introduce yourself.

I hope you'll enjoy our team. The most effective way to keep your commitment and keep losing is to come in here often, read everyone's posts, tell us about what works for you, what your struggles are, and anything else you want to discuss. We are a really varied group, living in all kinds of places and at many different places in our weight loss and fitness journeys. Hopefully there will be an idea for every occasion that is worth a try, or you might discover something that works well for someone else too. I encourage you to take advantage of our group as much as you can!

If you want to post a daily or weekly set of goals and report every day, that is a great way to keep going. Your weigh-in day is Saturday every week (please be on time or ask for an excused day if you cannot weigh in!). Just post here - and please put the weigh in as the top of a message, or the only part of the message so I don't miss it.

We hope we'll hear from you on many other days than your weigh in. Dive in and good luck! Any time you have a question or anything, just post here.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE MONTH OF AUGUST IS IN THE BOOKS
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT

bnwy2qbp1fvs.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 87.8 POUNDS OR 0.38%!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 2.16%
    INDIVIDUAL % @amytriesww 5.49%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 68.3
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @amytriesww 14.3

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 2.16%
    2nd Weight No More 0.58%
    3rd WaistAways 0.22%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 68.3
    2nd Weight No More 24.3
    3rd WaistAways 8.0

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @amytriesww 5.49%
    2nd @Barbb1557 5.46%
    3rd @Pamela_Sue 5.25%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @amytriesww 14.3
    2nd @Barbb1557 13.6
    3rd @Pamela_Sue 13.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @buniphuphu
    @Arc130
    @TheMrWobbly
    @Beka3695
    @Timibotkin
    @brysonlights
    @Patti705
    @mrmcgrath
    @Cory 17
    @LonniJay
  • jugar
    Options
    AND September begins!
    Our first weigh-ins for Sunday are due - our two members who are always first, every week, and ready to give the rest of us something to live up to!
    @kx7003
    @Andreabroadley

Let's have a better month than August! It was OK, but we have done way better. Put in a daily report of your commitment for the week, or throw out a topic for discussion. Let's live our dreams, people! We can do this!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    Workout 🏋️‍♀️ Warriors
    Daily POST challenge
    💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥
    COURTESY OF OUR TEAM MOTIVATOR
    @Fitness327wk
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I’m Michele from North Carolina. (Formerly New Jersey). I’m 55 and have been fighting this weight loss battle most of my adult life. I’ve lost and gained and lost and gained. This time is different because I am not “dieting”. This is my life. I see great changes and progress. I try to be mindful as I eat and move more and drink more water. I’ve lost 21 pounds since starting in January. It’s slow...sometimes stalled (for 3 months!)...but I keep going. Welcome to new members!! This is a great group. Be active on our feed. It helps. And goals...set some goals!! 💕
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 157.3
    Current weight:157.4

On the run, will post more of an update later today! Beginning a dry month today!
  • jugar
    Options
    Yes indeed, @Andreabroadley and I, along with @Beka3695 and ANYONE else who would like to join us, will be going for sober September. I need to kick those calories out of my way for at least a while, and there are plenty of reasons we might want to take a break or leave alcohol behind for good.

It's simple - every day, just a brief post about this and any other goals you are working on. Did you make it today?

For me, it will be
    • daily logging. and sharing my diary with anyone who wants to.
    • no alcohol
    • earning my showers! I need to have a good sweat session of some kind every day.

I look forward to seeing what everyone is going to work on this week and month. Tally ho!
  • jugar
    edited September 2019
    Options
    OTHER CHALLENGES AND FUN:

In addition to the Moderators' Challenge (link above), the WORKOUT WARRIORS have posted a photo challenge that really gets you thinking about healthy habits and sharing with others. Check it out:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10762431/week-1-group-challenge-by-the-workout-warriors#latest

As always, these challenges are optional, but they really focus on something different every week, and you get to share with people from the other five teams.

AND,
    QUESTION FROM TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE:
    I have been helping them out because they lost one of their captains. We thought we might do a challenge together. They proposed Apple Watch challenge, and even set one up for people to look at to see if they are interested. I don't know if any of you have an Apple watch, but here is the info if you do:

Boom! You have been invited to compete in ''September F2F Challenge''!
    First, download Challenges: http://apple.co/29WoKbl
    Once you have the app, enter invite code: e3dp

Let us know if you get into this and how it is. If you have any other ideas post away!
This discussion has been closed.