WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I’m Michele from North Carolina. (Formerly New Jersey). I’m 55 and have been fighting this weight loss battle most of my adult life. I’ve lost and gained and lost and gained. This time is different because I am not “dieting”. This is my life. I see great changes and progress. I try to be mindful as I eat and move more and drink more water. I’ve lost 21 pounds since starting in January. It’s slow...sometimes stalled (for 3 months!)...but I keep going. Welcome to new members!! This is a great group. Be active on our feed. It helps. And goals...set some goals!! 💕

@micki48 I can so relate to your schedule. My weight loss has been hovering around the same place since February. But that's my fault for allowing myself to get distracted by so many different things and people. I made a comeback from June-July when I was off from work and lost about 12 lbs through 60-90 minutes of exercise/day, 64 oz water, 2,000 calories per day or less, and at least 6 hours of sleep per night. Honest to goodness, that combo was like the magic trigger! Then I went back to work mid-July and I've regained most of the 12 I lost. As of today, I'm down 19 since I started my MFP journey in October last year.

I can do better. So let's hang in their together and just take one day at a time. As I like to say, I only need victory for today -- not yesterday and not tomorrow -- just today.

Be encouraged.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    The Apple Watch is also a bit stingy on giving you exercise minutes compared to Fitbit. I have to walk over 3 mph to make the exercise min function come on. Hard on me due to back issues. But I just ignore those stats.
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @Andreabroadley thanks for joining the Apple Watch challenge, I was hoping more people had watches to be able to make it a true challenge.

I joined a random one last month and it really helped me stay active because I didn’t want to let other team members down.

I love my Apple Watch but as you said it can be quirky. There is a known calibration issue with the outdoor walk feature that I can’t figure out, so when I walk I either use other, indoor walk, or map my walk which I have synced to my watch.
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    timibotkin wrote: »
    @Andreabroadley thanks for joining the Apple Watch challenge, I was hoping more people had watches to be able to make it a true challenge.

I joined a random one last month and it really helped me stay active because I didn’t want to let other team members down.

I love my Apple Watch but as you said it can be quirky. There is a known calibration issue with the outdoor walk feature that I can’t figure out, so when I walk I either use other, indoor walk, or map my walk which I have synced to my watch.

Thanks for that! I used the outdoor walk function today for a 21 minute walk, and it gave me 10 minutes!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    I'm still off the wagon :'( and beginning to panic I'm going to gain it all back. I tend to do well up untill about 4 in the afternoon and then crash on everything in sight but mostly chocolate and biscuits.
    I'm really hoping I'll get back on track next week with kids back at school.
    I'm not giving up!

Spent the weekend with extended family who haven't seen me for awhile and enjoyed a lot of nice compliments and some weird ones too (is it intentional?) :)
    First time I get real feedback on my nearly 40lb loss so that was nice.

Have a great week everyone.

OK. That panic. You need to get through ONE day of perfection and it will recede. I'm sure most people on this team recognize that panic, and when you're in it you feel like you will never get back on track. TOMORROW - not next week - have one perfect day. Log everything. Think of me and the rest of us when you're hitting 4 pm and you're itching for those goodies. Plan a substitute ahead of time. Log your food before you eat it. Do all those things for one day, and you'll feel a lot better. Take a nice walk, or dance to some music, or do a few of those things in the Motivators' week 1 challenge. You can do this!!!! It has been great watching you lose over the last little while, and I don't want to see you start sliding now. Many of us had a meh August, so it's time for an awesome September. Start with just tomorrow and go from there.

Thanks for letting me know about your user name change!

And, yes - it can be very weird the feedback you get sometimes. My sister is still convinced I have become anorexic, obsessed, that my body awareness is messed up, etc. etc. She needs to lose at least 80 pounds and it makes her really uncomfortable that I did lose the 40 I needed to get rid of. It is hard for THEM, but remember that fantastic book title "What You Think of Me Is None of My Business". I never read the thing, but I love the title. Sail on through.
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 I can so relate to your schedule. My weight loss has been hovering around the same place since February. But that's my fault for allowing myself to get distracted by so many different things and people. I made a comeback from June-July when I was off from work and lost about 12 lbs through 60-90 minutes of exercise/day, 64 oz water, 2,000 calories per day or less, and at least 6 hours of sleep per night. Honest to goodness, that combo was like the magic trigger! Then I went back to work mid-July and I've regained most of the 12 I lost. As of today, I'm down 19 since I started my MFP journey in October last year.

I can do better. So let's hang in their together and just take one day at a time. As I like to say, I only need victory for today -- not yesterday and not tomorrow -- just today.

Be encouraged.
    So happy to see you here! I have really missed your thoughts, courage, and smile. You CAN do better - even when working like a mad person. Keep those calories under control is #1 - even if the exercise part is hard to work in, food and water make the biggest difference. Come and hang out here whenever you can too <3
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Thanks @jugar
    So, after THAT post, I got away from the biscuits and made myself a really nice veggie packed dinner. Then I texted my workout group and booked myself into a class. So, posting on here does make me think about what I'm doing. Unfortunately, it's also the first thing that slips when I mess up.
    So, here's hoping after a positive move today, tomorrow will be better!
  • jugar
    Options
    Thanks @jugar
    So, after THAT post, I got away from the biscuits and made myself a really nice veggie packed dinner. Then I texted my workout group and booked myself into a class. So, posting on here does make me think about what I'm doing. Unfortunately, it's also the first thing that slips when I mess up.
    So, here's hoping after a positive move today, tomorrow will be better!

Way to go! Tomorrow ho!
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Sept 2
    Still dry.
    Under on calories and ate well.
    A short stationary bike ride and about 15000 steps.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    @jugar letting you know I've changed my username just slightly.

I thought something looked different ‘. Lol
  • micki48
    edited September 2019
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I’m Michele from North Carolina. (Formerly New Jersey). I’m 55 and have been fighting this weight loss battle most of my adult life. I’ve lost and gained and lost and gained. This time is different because I am not “dieting”. This is my life. I see great changes and progress. I try to be mindful as I eat and move more and drink more water. I’ve lost 21 pounds since starting in January. It’s slow...sometimes stalled (for 3 months!)...but I keep going. Welcome to new members!! This is a great group. Be active on our feed. It helps. And goals...set some goals!! 💕

Be encouraged.

@evangsimmons170 I totally get how hard it is once school starts. I taught for over 20 years. Things just get crazy and we educators are really tired at the start of the school year. Like @jugar said, do what you can and hang in there with your healthy food choices. It’s enough for you to still see a loss. Do what you can exercise wise. Every little bit counts. Be a little inefficient and make several trips around the school during the day. Yes! We can do this together. I’m here for the long haul, no matter how slow it goes. I believe you are too and can do this!! 💕🤗
  • micki48
    Options
    x0bsvcgm7g2b.jpeg
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 I join our other friends here in welcoming you back! Stick to it through this rough patch.. you will come out the other side!
  • Andreabroadley
    Options
    Good for you @Pearl4686!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
    The sun is back today, and I have a TON of running around to do. Yesterday was good, but I ate too little and had a hard time sleeping. I think I was eating the same amount as when I was having a beer or two with dinner - I definitely will eat more today!
    Goals for yesterday:
    • No alcohol - check!
    • Everything logged and diary closed end of day - check!
    • Earned my shower - check! Not a full big workout, but a good session on the exercise bike while watching a great video about northern Scotland and the Hebrides. I'll be there for a while in October! Can't wait.

It seems like we have a team of only a handful of members these days. If anyone is friends with some of the other members, could you give them a nudge to come on in and let us know how they're doing? I welcome any ideas that could help us. Thanks!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm aliiiiiiive!

I ate essentially nothing for 2 days, then ate everything I saw for 2 days, so it was a rough weekend health wise and calorie wise. It balances sorta but the scale is way up due to bloat from binging like crazy. :(

I'd say I'm at like, 80% or so. Still lethargic and nauseous but not so bad. So hungry still. :/

Sorry the step count updating has fallen so behind. I'll be working on that today.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I'm aliiiiiiive!

I ate essentially nothing for 2 days, then ate everything I saw for 2 days, so it was a rough weekend health wise and calorie wise. It balances sorta but the scale is way up due to bloat from binging like crazy. :(

I'd say I'm at like, 80% or so. Still lethargic and nauseous but not so bad. So hungry still. :/

Sorry the step count updating has fallen so behind. I'll be working on that today.

So glad you're feeling better, @Terytha. I hope you'll be 100% well by week's end. Take care.
  • micki48
    Options
    This is from the weekly challenge, but I’ll post it here too. Stay hydrated everyone. qadv2o2zhpqo.jpeg
  • micki48
    Options
    @Terytha Big hugs to you. I am so sorry you have been suffering so. It is no fun when you don’t feel yourself. Cut yourself a break. Try and get some protein. That should help the cravings and eating through everything. And the mom in me is reminding you to stay hydrated especially after being sick. (My 28 year old son hears it all the time. ) Really hope you’re feeling better soon.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @Terytha so glad to hear you're feeling better! Hopefully, you'll fall back into your normal routine soon. Give yourself time to recover!
    @evangsimmons170 missed you, happy you're back!
This discussion has been closed.