WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - September 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,141 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    @jugar thanks for suggesting tracking honestly just one day. I just did that today! And already feeling so much better about it all.
    Stuck to plan and made sure to think of my meals ahead to avoid crashing.
    Hopefully, I can keep it up.
    Well done! One good day. I have re-committed to tracking this month too, and it really makes a difference when I know it has to be recorded honestly and completely. I did manage to eat some potato chips today, though - the bag was almost empty so there was no way I could go too far! There are still leftover corn chips from our big party of the 22nd of August, but so far they are not open. And when they are my son had better eat them, because I really don't want to track that disaster :#

So one more terrific day tomorrow, ok? You are going to feel even more amazing.
  • jugar
    Options
    Another day already waning! I had no internet for a lot of the day (stormy and windy, but I'm blaming one of my co-moderators, @Beka3695 for blowing out our satellite connection. everything is her fault :p ).

On my own goals, I have hit 2 out of the 3:
    • no alcohol - OK!
    • logging everything - OK!
    • earning my shower - not yet... I might pedal through an episode of something on my exercise bike shortly. That usually gets me good and sweaty, and the time goes by fast. I really need to hit the strength work again though. Not sure what is stalling me.

Good to hear from you @offitgoes - it sounds like your little brother is showing you a good path, and is probably alternately hoping you'll follow his example and hoping he stays just a bit more amazing than you. Little brothers are like that! Mind you, I am both the younger and the older sister (I'm in the middle) trying to lead my sibs onto some better health habits. So far, not working too well... But you're WAY smarter than they are!

@fourathomej - impressive steps, indeed! Tweak the food a bit, and you'll be turning the spreadsheet green <3

@berriesandsunshine (love that username) I hope we can be your go-to team. Aim for a pound a week and we'll be here for all 25 weeks! It gets harder as you lose more, so slow and steady does the job. What's your favourite exercise? How do you earn your showers?
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Sept 4

Stayed dry
    Logged everything and ate well!
    15000 steps!

Go @jugar go!
  • jugar
    Options
    Sept 4

Stayed dry
    Logged everything and ate well!
    15000 steps!

Go @jugar go!

We are having a good week 1!
  • jugar
    Options
    I was just buzzing around some of the other teams, like I do, and found a really useful and interesting video posted by @AustinRuadhain of Team Mission Slimpossible.

Austin recommended the work of James Clear, and here is a short video that gives a quick introduction to his ideas on what he calls Atomic Habits, or how to get 1% better every day.
    Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_nzqnXWvSo
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP Thursday weigh-ins:
    @Cory 17
    @Blackbeautysue

Thanks!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in: 9/4
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 minutes jogging in place
    Steps: 9,442

Also stayed dry :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Good morning!
    I hope our Carolinas residents are safe from the storm today. My mom lives near Charlotte, far enough inland that she should be fine, but I know a few of you are down there where things could get rather nasty today. When you can, let us know how you are, ok?

@marieamethyst - well done!

I did manage to get in 45 minutes on the exercise bike last night, so felt quite virtuous when I went to bed. Down to my lowest weight in a long time today! Hopefully it will stick until weigh-in tomorrow. This no alcohol thing, and logging every day of course, is helping. Hmmph.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    ~☆~STEP CHALLENGE UPDATE~☆~

Our steppers, in no particular order, are currently:

@micki48
    @fourathomej
    @martinesther88
    @Evangsimmons170
    @tdrjustus
    @jlbtnc
    @Blackbeautysue
    @marieamethyst
    @berriesandsunshine

Please let me know if you wish to be added or removed from this list!

You can post daily, weekly, screenshots, no screenshots, or however you like! BUUUUT, for those posting screenshots can you please just type "steps" somewhere in your post to make it easy for me to find.

Also please have your steps for the week in by Sunday morning, if possible.

Thank you! ♡

I've been really struggling with medical issues recently and my focus has not been on what I eat. I really need to "reel it in" and get back to healthy eating. I'be put on a few lbs (I can feel it) and I don't want to head back down that slippery slope. I would love to join in on the step challenge again. I love the accountability and the need to come back here and post.
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    @jugar Ohh, congrats! Great job! :)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @leni1us You got it! I've added you to the list. Whether you walk ten thousand steps or ten steps, the point is that everyone is walking with you. :)
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP! WAAAAYYY UP!
    Friday's coming. It is by far our biggest weigh-in day, so I want to hear from ALL of you tomorrow. Including myself.
    @Connie7355
    @jlbtnc
    @Jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @leni1us
    @martinesther88
    @Pearl4686
    @visiri
    @berriesandsunshine
    @marieamethyst

And still waiting for today's wonderful people
    @cory17
    @Blackbeautysue

And Monday's
    @tdrjustus3 - hope you're still with us!

jq5f01sthae0.png

• berriesandsunshine
    Options
    @jugar Thank you! The exercises I enjoy are walking and anything sport-related. I play tennis with my husband and walk every day. Now the exercises that I don't like but still try to do are workouts in general. I hate going to the gym so I workout from home watching videos.

• berriesandsunshine
    Options
    I went over my calories today. I decided last minute to change my dinner plans (forgot to defrost the chicken, lol) and it ended up going over what I had planned for the day. Oh, well. Life happens. But I had my walk and tomorrow I'll get back on track.
  • jugar
    Options
    Brief check in on my day:
    • no alcohol - check. Another challenging one with lots of stress, but I did NOT have any alcohol, and I did NOT murder my husband. Who was trying to install my new gas stove without calling in someone who knows better how to install and do the propane conversion. And who still complained about how awful it was to do this, when he was the one to refuse my (many) offers to hire someone... Sigh.
    • tracked and stayed on track - check.
    • exercise again will be exercise bike tonight. A good 45-60 minutes, with stretching and wrist exercises after.
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    We had a parent thing at our daughter's school this evening, so had McDonald's for dinner after. Still within my calorie goal for the day, but I'm sure it'll affect the scale in the morning. Was worth it after being good all week though! :D
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    hope our Carolinas residents are safe from the storm today. My mom lives near Charlotte, far enough inland that she should be fine, but I know a few of you are down there where things could get rather nasty today. When you can, let us know how you are, ok?

Hi there! Checking in from Greensboro, NC. We should be fine. Far enough inland not to get hit hard by this hurricane. It was pretty windy this afternoon and as the sun set, the very dark clouds were rolling in. But we should be fine. Just praying all our big trees stay put.

I’m under my calories today, but feel bloated right now from dinner. I guess I wasn’t mindful enough and didn’t stop when I was full. Did get my 8,000 steps.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    CW 211.2 still here and going for it
  • jugar
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    CW 211.2 still here and going for it

2.8 pounds lost! What a great 1st week of September for you - happy dance all over the place, ok?
This discussion has been closed.