Options

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Sept 5-9
    Went to studio for morning focus 😊😊, not home,πŸ˜• :blush:
    Planned my day 😊😊 πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜• :blush:
    5th, Did creative activities 🧡 sewing and πŸ“Έ photography. 6th, just πŸ“Έ, tried and failed both! 7th, 🧡and πŸ“Έ. 8th, Finally have quilt triangle sizes right, I thinkπŸ€ͺ, and learned how to use remote shutter release. 9th, realized I needed to go back to square 1 with my flying geese and made 3/4 block.
    Hours with over 250 steps πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ10/13, 6/13, 7/13, 10/13, 9/13,
    Logged food πŸ“” πŸ“” πŸ“”πŸ“” Y Y
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Week 2:
    I may add reading before bed for 5 mins. Actually, I think I will. To begin breaking the nighttime phone habit.

....πŸ’‹πŸ‘ 🌈 πŸ½πŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈ/πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ 🎨 πŸ’‹πŸ‘πŸ“–πŸ’€
    9/8YYY YYY YYYY I did get my 7 hours, but my 5 mins of reading turned into several chapters!!!
    9/9
    9/10
    9/11
    9/12
    9/13
    9/14

This is a daily goal for me--to read at night, but I could never stop at 5 minutes! LOL! I like to read mysteries and I often find myself reading later than planned because i get so caught up in my book! :mrgreen:

You sure are doing great with your goals! :smile:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    This September's I will: I will track my progress (again, and yet again) of getting to sleep earlier. Success will now be changed to lights out around 10:30 (or earlier) to make this more sustainable.

The last two months I have been adjusting my goal times of lights out. Some things that I noticed was that getting to lights out by 10 pm was often stressful and it was easier to just end up aiming for 11 o'clock, which won out more times overall. Sometimes I really wanted to chill out and read but I wouldn't because it was too close to the 10 pm mark. Yet reading would have made an easier transition to sleep. I do not want to use 11 o'clock for my end goal anymore because I am needing to get up a little earlier most mornings now. So I'm aiming for the middle my previous goals.

I will use o:) for lights out around 10:30ish P.M (or earlier of course). 11P.M. or later is definitely an❌.

(I am allowing an occasional late night so that it won't trigger failure feelings. Last months I only took 2.)

2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Plan ahead if necessary to begin earlier to tidy up whatever I'm doing so that I won't be tempted to continue on.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: Since I know what time it is, I have to choose wisely to go to sleep.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible): daily, but allow one night a week(end) only if something special is going on so it won't trigger failure feelings.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit?: If early enough I'll read a little.
    6. What help do you need from us? Your encouragement.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September? Feeling more alert and less tired during the day. Also learning to cope with waking up during the night, especially not being able to return back to sleep at all.

I loved reading everyone's posts. You all are so inspiring and positive!!

I will use o:) for lights out around 10:30ish P.M (or earlier of course). 11P.M. or later is definitely an❌.

September 1 o:)
    September 2 o:)
    September 3 o:)
    September 4 o:)
    September 5 o:)
    September 6 o:)
    September 7 o:)
    September 8 o:)
    September 9 o:)

🀠🌺
  • nebslp
    Options
    Sept 5-10
    Went to studio for morning focus 😊😊, not home,πŸ˜•πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š
    Planned my day 😊😊 πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜• 😊😊
    5th, Did creative activities 🧡 sewing and πŸ“Έ photography. 6th, just πŸ“Έ, tried and failed both! 7th, 🧡and πŸ“Έ. 8th, Finally have quilt triangle sizes right, I thinkπŸ€ͺ, and learned how to use remote shutter release. 9th, realized I needed to go back to square 1 with my flying geese and made 3/4 block. 10th, finished 2 blocks but it's been a struggle getting my points to match "perfectly".
    Hours with over 250 steps πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ10/13, 6/13, 7/13, 10/13, 9/13, 10/13
    Logged food πŸ“” πŸ“” πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,282 Member
    Options
    1. My goal for this month -- This September I will increase my walking miles from 3 miles an hour to 4 miles an hour.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal - I will walk 5 days a week w/my DH.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit - Getting up at 4:00 to walk at 5:00 so we can pick up our Grandson and Grandpuppy at 7:00.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) 5 days a week...rest days Monday and Friday.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Jumping around doing a Happy Dance!
    6. What help do you need from us? I like @pennysob's answer...cheers!!
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September? That I'm getting back to the walking speed I was at before the pinched nerve in my back side-lined me for almost a year. I had spine surgery in June to fix it all. Recovery is slow.

09/01 - Rest Day...Did the Scottish Festival Sat., but wasn't ready for it. Egads! I hurt like crazy!
    09/02 - 3.02 miles in 1 hour. And it begins...
    09/03 - Rest Day...had to have a procedure done at the hospital. Everything worked out okay. :D
    09/04 - 3.00 miles in 1 hour...DH loves the cool, dark mornings...nopey, nope, not my favorite, but we got it done.
    09/05 - 2.78 miles in 59 mins.
    09/06 - Rest Day
    09/07 - 3.01 miles in 75 mins. Walked in a lot of sand today. Slows ya down some.
    09/08 - 3.30 miles in 65 mins. All on flat ground!
    09/09 - Rest Day
    09/10 - 3.00 miles in 60 mins.
    09/11 - 2.89 miles in 60 mins.

Chris
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options

Week 2:
    I may add reading before bed for 5 mins. Actually, I think I will. To begin breaking the nighttime phone habit.

9/8YYY YYY YYYY I did get my 7 hours, but my 5 mins of reading turned into several chapters!!!
    9/9
    9/10
    9/11
    9/12
    9/13
    9/14

This is a daily goal for me--to read at night, but I could never stop at 5 minutes! LOL! I like to read mysteries and I often find myself reading later than planned because i get so caught up in my book! :mrgreen:

You sure are doing great with your goals! :smile:

@PackerFanInGB
    Yes, it was a mystery book!!!

Thank you :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: Β»
    Warning: I just reread the following and I may have gotten a little wordy and somewhat passionate at times. Feel free to skip to the next post if you don't want to hear my innermost thoughts today:)

Most people want to be healthy. That's our "what". In weight loss programs you sometimes hear about figuring out your "why". Why do you want to lose weight? Why do you want to become healthier? And knowing your "why" is important because it can motivate you to say "I will..." instead of saying "I should...".

Recently I've heard several podcasts that talk about the "how". Everyone has dreams and goals. Many people know exactly what they want to achieve. It's the "how" that stops some of them from achieving their dreams. That's me when it comes to my photography skills. I've had the desire to learn and take incredible pictures (not just OK ones) since I bought my first SLR camera in right around 1995. I've taken classes and read books and watched youtube videos and I still haven't gotten anywhere near where I want to be with my skills. My "how" is in bits and pieces, and I've never put them all together and tried them out in the real world. What stops me besides not knowing how? Fear. I've wanted to start an Etsy shop for about 7 years now. I have a book on how to do that, I have a bunch of Pinterest pins on how to, but I haven't put it all together to make it happen. What stops me? Fear.

People whose names you know, the famous ones you admire, didn't start out knowing the "how". They knew what they wanted to do and went for it. They broke through the fear and asked for help. They tried and failed multiple times but learned valuable lessons along the way until they became a household name for doing something great. They were bold when they were afraid.

Let's be bold. Let's become so healthy we can conquor whatever obstacles come in our way on our way to greatness. Let's be afraid, but let's not allow it to stop us. I was afraid to try Keto just 2 weeks ago and it led me to research on carbs and their connection to health. I know I'm late to the party because you are all way ahead of me in the health walk, but I'm moving forward. How are you doing? We know the "what", let's figure out the "how" and become better in every way.

This was more of a blog post but sometimes I can't stop myself!

I’m right there with you @nebslp. A second person asked me to illustrate a children’s book she wants to write. I was so excited (and flattered), looked for some resources, researched what other children’s books were out there, etc.

Then I thought Wait! You are drawing & painting figures (nudes). Not kids and cute animals in landscapes. This doesn’t make sense. So, I let her know. Hard to do! She has been a little down & was quite thrilled.

But if we know out what & our why & our how, we also need to stay focused on those.

I’m glad I caught it in 24 hours, but which I’d gratefully declined when first asked.

Now I know if it happens again. I’m human.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Sept 2019
    Plan: Habit maintenance & balance
    I have most of my habits at 95-100%. The new ones are the flossing & eye care and 2 of the three meditation/breathingβ€”basically health maintenance. Sometimes it feels like a lot to do each day. I’m hoping this month will help me find more of a routine so I will have more automaticity β€” Ie not have to think about it as much!

Key:

🌈 meditation / breathing minimum one minute when I wake up, positive affirmations
    πŸ’‹Floss (new research gum bacteria linked to heart attacks, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, etc.) I’m motivated!!
    πŸ‘Eye Care

🍽 Food under calorie goal, at home, with strong macros. 20 min minimum. Breathe before each bite.

πŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈ/πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ weight lifting and/or cardio as planned
    🎨 art fun & play❣️Breathe 1 minute before!

πŸ’€ Sleep Habits: same as my August I will
    Breathe:meditate a minimum of one min prior to sleep

.......πŸ’‹πŸ‘ 🌈 πŸ½πŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈ/πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ 🎨 πŸ’‹πŸ‘πŸ’€
    9/1YYYYYYNNN
    9/2YYYYYYYYOk
    9/3YYY YYY YYY πŸ†β£οΈπŸŒˆ
    9/4YYY YYY NNOk
    9/5 YYY YYY YYY πŸ†β£οΈπŸŒˆ
    9/6 YYY* YYY YYYπŸ†β£οΈπŸŒˆ
    The only ones I need to focus on now are the nighttime flossing & eyes, and even they are feeling more like a habit! I may try shifting them to post dinner, because I have a tougher time if I wait & am sleepy completing them.
    9/7 YYY YYY YYY* πŸ†β£οΈπŸŒˆ
    Shifting the meditation worked better, too! At night I’d sometimes get back into the phone as I sleepily hunted for the β€œright” meditation to listen to, find the earbuds, etc.

I’m very pleased with how this is going. It feels easier now.
    Week One Results: 56Y, 5N, 2OK

Week 2:

9/9 YYY YYY NNYY
    9/10 YYY YYY YYNN
    9/11
    9/12
    9/13
    9/14
  • nebslp
    Options
    Sept 5-11
    Went to studio for morning focus 😊😊, not home,πŸ˜•πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š
    Planned my day 😊😊 πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜• 😊😊😊
    5th, Did creative activities 🧡 sewing and πŸ“Έ photography.
    6th, just πŸ“Έ, tried and failed both!
    7th, 🧡and πŸ“Έ.
    8th, Finally have quilt triangle sizes right, I thinkπŸ€ͺ, and learned how to use remote shutter release. 9th, 🧡realized I needed to go back to square 1 with my flying geese and made 3/4 block.
    10th, 🧡finished 2 blocks but it's been a struggle getting my points to match "perfectly".
    11th,🧡 changed quilt pattern again. No more flying geese for me at this time!! I joined leahdayquiltfriends to learn more. πŸ“Έ my first attempt at night photography πŸ™‚yay!
    Hours with over 250 steps πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ10/13, 6/13, 7/13, 10/13, 9/13, 10/13,11/13
    Logged food πŸ“” πŸ“” πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    This September's I will: I will track my progress (again, and yet again) of getting to sleep earlier. Success will now be changed to lights out around 10:30 (or earlier) to make this more sustainable.

The last two months I have been adjusting my goal times of lights out. Some things that I noticed was that getting to lights out by 10 pm was often stressful and it was easier to just end up aiming for 11 o'clock, which won out more times overall. Sometimes I really wanted to chill out and read but I wouldn't because it was too close to the 10 pm mark. Yet reading would have made an easier transition to sleep. I do not want to use 11 o'clock for my end goal anymore because I am needing to get up a little earlier most mornings now. So I'm aiming for the middle my previous goals.

(I am allowing an occasional late night so that it won't trigger failure feelings. Last months I only took 2.)

2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Plan ahead if necessary to begin earlier to tidy up whatever I'm doing so that I won't be tempted to continue on.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: Since I know what time it is, I have to choose wisely to go to sleep.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible): daily, but allow one night a week(end) only if something special is going on so it won't trigger failure feelings.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit?: If early enough I'll read a little.
    6. What help do you need from us? Your encouragement.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September? Feeling more alert and less tired during the day. Also learning to cope with waking up during the night, especially not being able to return back to sleep at all.

@nebslp, good for you for getting the quilt triangle sizes and also realize the flying geese blocks are not what you want, and that you now know how to use the remote shutter release! Well done!

I do not believe that you are late to the party at all! We all, including you, are learning new things all the time whether we learn something new by a matter of chance, or purposelessly search out the new information or experience.
    Sometimes I have wished, upon learning something new about living a healthy lifestyle for example, that I heard about so many things earlier. But each of us are either in an environment, or situations, or of an age where information came/comes to us in different ways or at different seasons of life. So you aren't late by any means. You are already at the party πŸŽˆπŸŽ΅πŸ‘£πŸ’ƒπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ !!

@cpanus, you are doing awesome working on increasing your walking mph!

@MadisonMolly2017, it looks like you are doing great with your "I will(s)!!

September 1 o:)
    September 2 o:)
    September 3 o:)
    September 4 o:)
    September 5 o:)
    September 6 o:)
    September 7 o:)
    September 8 o:)
    September 9 o:)
    September 10 o:)
    September 11 o:)

🀠🌺
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,282 Member
    Options
    1. My goal for this month -- This September I will increase my walking miles from 3 miles an hour to 4 miles an hour.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal - I will walk 5 days a week w/my DH.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit - Getting up at 4:00 to walk at 5:00 so we can pick up our Grandson and Grandpuppy at 7:00.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) 5 days a week...rest days Monday and Friday.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Jumping around doing a Happy Dance!
    6. What help do you need from us? I like @pennysob's answer...cheers!!
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September? That I'm getting back to the walking speed I was at before the pinched nerve in my back side-lined me for almost a year. I had spine surgery in June to fix it all. Recovery is slow.

09/01 - Rest Day...Did the Scottish Festival Sat., but wasn't ready for it. Egads! I hurt like crazy!
    09/02 - 3.02 miles in 1 hour. And it begins...
    09/03 - Rest Day...had to have a procedure done at the hospital. Everything worked out okay. :D
    09/04 - 3.00 miles in 1 hour...DH loves the cool, dark mornings...nopey, nope, not my favorite, but we got it done.
    09/05 - 2.78 miles in 59 mins.
    09/06 - Rest Day
    09/07 - 3.01 miles in 75 mins. Walked in a lot of sand today. Slows ya down some.
    09/08 - 3.30 miles in 65 mins. All on flat ground!
    09/09 - Rest Day
    09/10 - 3.00 miles in 60 mins.
    09/11 - 2.89 miles in 60 mins.
    09/12 - 3.00 miles in 60 mins.

Chris
  • nebslp
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Sept 5-12
    Went to studio for morning focus 😊😊, not home,πŸ˜•πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š
    Planned my day 😊😊 πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜• 😊😊😊😊
    7th, 🧡and πŸ“Έ.
    8th, Finally have quilt triangle sizes right, I thinkπŸ€ͺ, and learned how to use remote shutter release. 9th, 🧡realized I needed to go back to square 1 with my flying geese and made 3/4 block.
    10th, 🧡finished 2 blocks but it's been a struggle getting my points to match "perfectly".
    11th,🧡 changed quilt pattern again. No more flying geese for me at this time!! I joined leahdayquiltfriends to learn more. πŸ“Έ my first attempt at night photography πŸ™‚yay!
    12th 🧡 and πŸ“Έ
    Hours with over 250 steps πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ10/13, 6/13, 7/13, 10/13, 9/13, 10/13,11/13, 9/13
    Logged food πŸ“” πŸ“” πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    nebslp wrote: Β»
    Warning: I just reread the following and I may have gotten a little wordy and somewhat passionate at times. Feel free to skip to the next post if you don't want to hear my innermost thoughts today:)

Most people want to be healthy. That's our "what". In weight loss programs you sometimes hear about figuring out your "why". Why do you want to lose weight? Why do you want to become healthier? And knowing your "why" is important because it can motivate you to say "I will..." instead of saying "I should...".

Recently I've heard several podcasts that talk about the "how". Everyone has dreams and goals. Many people know exactly what they want to achieve. It's the "how" that stops some of them from achieving their dreams. That's me when it comes to my photography skills. I've had the desire to learn and take incredible pictures (not just OK ones) since I bought my first SLR camera in right around 1995. I've taken classes and read books and watched youtube videos and I still haven't gotten anywhere near where I want to be with my skills. My "how" is in bits and pieces, and I've never put them all together and tried them out in the real world. What stops me besides not knowing how? Fear. I've wanted to start an Etsy shop for about 7 years now. I have a book on how to do that, I have a bunch of Pinterest pins on how to, but I haven't put it all together to make it happen. What stops me? Fear.

People whose names you know, the famous ones you admire, didn't start out knowing the "how". They knew what they wanted to do and went for it. They broke through the fear and asked for help. They tried and failed multiple times but learned valuable lessons along the way until they became a household name for doing something great. They were bold when they were afraid.

Let's be bold. Let's become so healthy we can conquor whatever obstacles come in our way on our way to greatness. Let's be afraid, but let's not allow it to stop us. I was afraid to try Keto just 2 weeks ago and it led me to research on carbs and their connection to health. I know I'm late to the party because you are all way ahead of me in the health walk, but I'm moving forward. How are you doing? We know the "what", let's figure out the "how" and become better in every way.

This was more of a blog post but sometimes I can't stop myself!

This was SO insightful! I agree. I need to stop being afraid, and just do it. There are so many things I want to do, but I never even try because of fear.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I needed this today!
  • nebslp
    Options
    Thank you for your comment @PackerFanInGB I hope you pick just one thing you want to try and then just go for it!!! You’re doing that already by making your quilt. I know how exciting and frightening that can be from personal experience. Just gotta try😍
  • nebslp
    Options
    Sept 5-12
    Went to studio for morning focus 😊😊, not home,πŸ˜•πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Šnot until afternoon,
    Planned my day 😊😊 πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜• 😊😊😊😊😊
    7th, 🧡and πŸ“Έ.
    12th 🧡 and πŸ“Έ
    13th, 🧡washed new fabric because I had cut up too much of the original for my first 2 failed attempts and I couldn’t order any more of that fabric so I had to start over, and I watched videos on adding sashing. I’ve done sashing before but never had any professional direction. πŸ“Έ played with manual settings.
    Hours with over 250 steps πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ10/13, 6/13, 7/13, 10/13, 9/13, 10/13,11/13, 9/13, 10/13
    Logged food πŸ“” πŸ“” πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”
  • nebslp
    Options
    Thank you for your comment, @texasgardnr You are so right! I wish I had known what I know now a long time ago. We can only learn something when we’re ready to receive it. Thank you for your insights.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    "]Sept 2019
    Plan: Habit maintenance & balance
    I have most of my habits at 95-100%. The new ones are the flossing & eye care and 2 of the three meditation/breathingβ€”basically health maintenance. Sometimes it feels like a lot to do each day. I’m hoping this month will help me find more of a routine so I will have more automaticity β€” Ie not have to think about it as much!

Key:

🌈 meditation / breathing minimum one minute when I wake up, positive affirmations
    πŸ’‹Floss (new research gum bacteria linked to heart attacks, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, etc.) I’m motivated!!
    πŸ‘Eye Care

🍽 Food under calorie goal, at home, with strong macros. 20 min minimum. Breathe before each bite.

πŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈ/πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ weight lifting and/or cardio as planned
    🎨 art fun & play❣️Breathe 1 minute before!

πŸ’€ Sleep Habits: same as my August I will
    Breathe:meditate a minimum of one min prior to sleep

.......πŸ’‹πŸ‘ 🌈 πŸ½πŸ‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈ/πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ 🎨 πŸ’‹πŸ‘πŸ’€
    9/1YYYYYYNNN
    9/2YYYYYYYYOk
    9/3YYY YYY YYY πŸ†β£οΈπŸŒˆ
    9/4YYY YYY NNOk
    9/5 YYY YYY YYY πŸ†β£οΈπŸŒˆ
    9/6 YYY* YYY YYYπŸ†β£οΈπŸŒˆ
    The only ones I need to focus on now are the nighttime flossing & eyes, and even they are feeling more like a habit! I may try shifting them to post dinner, because I have a tougher time if I wait & am sleepy completing them.
    9/7 YYY YYY YYY* πŸ†β£οΈπŸŒˆ
    Shifting the meditation worked better, too! At night I’d sometimes get back into the phone as I sleepily hunted for the β€œright” meditation to listen to, find the earbuds, etc.

I’m very pleased with how this is going. It feels easier now.
    Week One Results: 56Y, 5N, 2OK

Week 2:

9/9 YYY YYY NNYY
    9/10 YYY YYY YYNN
    9/11 YYYYYYYYNY
    9/12YYNYYYYYNN
    9/13 YYYYNYYNNY
    9/14
    Not doing the reading before bed- keeps me awake- good to know!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I’ve had the same experience with reading. 5 minutes is never enough! If you really enjoy reading before bed, maybe you could try reading a few magazine articles instead of a good book.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I just spent some time catching up on your posts. Across the board, we are making progress and it’s wonderful to see and read about.

@nebslp, I loved your mini blog about not letting fear stop us from doing what we want or need to do. I couldn’t agree more! Taking on fear head-on isn’t easy but it is possible and it opens up avenues to all kinds of exciting opportunities. Many years ago I had the common fear of public speaking. Absolutely terrified by the prospect of standing up and talking in front of people. Then I was asked to give a talk on a subject that I knew pretty well. I wanted to say no and decline, because that was the more comfortable thing to do. But I didn’t want to let fear limit me. So I said yes, tossed and turned the night before the talk, stammered and shook through my presentation, but I got through it. And I didn’t die. And people thanked me for the talk and asked lots of questions afterwards. Then someone in the audience asked me to come and talk to her library. And I did. The second talk was just a hair easier. And it led to a third and fourth and fifth talk. Ultimately, over an 18 month period, I gave over 130 presentations around my state, including one in front of over 500 people. You just can’t continue to be afraid of something you do over and over and over again. Taking on my fear head-on and saying β€œStep aside” was one of the most liberating and exhilarating experiences I’ve ever had. Now I try to live as fearlessly as possible, especially when it might keep me from progressing and finding greater happiness. So yes, YES, YESSS! Let us not be stopped from doing something we want or need to do because of our fears. Becoming all we can be and living an exciting, joyful, vibrant life is going to entail some degree of discomfort and fear. Let’s move forward anyway!

I am doing OK with my monthly challenge of eating more mindfully. I really enjoy my food more when I slow down and take a few minutes to savor the taste and textures of what I’m eating. It’s more satisfying and I think as I continue to work at it I will have fewer mindless eating episodes that lead to unintended calories.

My Dad was moved to a long term care facility about 2 weeks ago which unfortunately disrupted his emerging habit of doing more exercises on his own. There is no good place to put the whiteboard in his new room and without the whiteboard there’s no good cue for the routine. I haven’t given up, but it is more challenging.

I am spending a lot of my evenings after work on research topics to help my Dad. The stroke recovery world is a whole new arena for me! I miss being on here more and I try to keep up with your posts and progress, but I think it will be a while before my time isn’t claimed by Dad’s stroke recovery. I appreciate your understanding!

And how about another Declutterfest in early October? I am intrigued by Flylady. Thanks for the tip, @77tes.