TRIMSTONES - OCTOBER CHAT

Replies

• Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    KathynDes wrote: »
    I have a question: What do you do after you have a day that goes Waaaaay over calorie budget? Carry on per normal, eat nothing the next day, exercise more?

Thank you,
    Kathy

I try not to do it again the next day. :)

This! I find that I don't do very low calorie or all-day fasting too well. I do sometimes skip breakfast which helps keep overall calories a little in check.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    I'm continuing to feel a bit better every day after my surgery. I'm not allowed to lift anything or reach up high, so I went on a really awkward grocery trip with my mom in which she pushed the cart and I pointed (poorly) at the things that I wanted, most of which were too heavy or high to reach and often too high for me to effectively point at. I really should have worn my tiara!

Just put it on. And order people around. Way to go!
    u6jdzt9cenhj.png
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Steps
    10/5 - 3230
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    @jugar Thanks for the advice!

• kmfeig87
    @jessicakrall8 I'm not sure what happened to my weigh in. I was sure I did it. Must have pushed the done button on my phone instead of Post!

kmfeig87
    Week 1
    Thursday
    PW 133.5
    CW 133.5
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Steps
    10/6 - 4087
  • thutchinson2210
    thutchinson2210 Posts: 33 Member
    edited October 2019
    steps
    10/1 5237
    10/2 3674
    10/3 8432
    10/4 6218
    10/5 3978

@thutchinson2210 Please also send me your steps for Sun, Sep 29 and Mon, Sep 30th as the week always starts on Sunday for purposes of the stats. Thanks for reporting in...also watch your private mailbox. I've been emailing you with no response. JK

9/29 7921
    9/30 6951

I hadn't checked my mailbox but will keep an eye out, thank you :)

also steps 10/6 2952 ( was studying and doing homework most of the day)
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Arc130 wrote: »
    KathynDes wrote: »
    Hi @Arc130 it sucks being limited by your body when you’ve gone to all the trouble of getting motivated and started! I hope you’ve got swimming or something else you love to do.

Yes! I really wanted to try running but it's not for me. For something different, I've gone to some water aerobics classes. Those are fun. Plus, I try to swim sometimes although I do it quite poorly. I usually have to use the multipurpose lane cause the lap swimmers ask me to leave (politely, but I understand cause I get in the way. I can't keep up even in the slow lane and need to rest at the end of a length or a lap.)

As an active lap swimmer I really appreciate your willingness to move out of the lap lanes o:), a lot of folks won't. Set a target distance and get it done each time--soon you will get stronger and be in the lap lane!
  • mulecanter
    Mulecanter
    Week 2
    Monday
    PW 202.5
    CW 199.0
  • mulecanter
    I'm continuing to feel a bit better every day after my surgery. I'm not allowed to lift anything or reach up high, so I went on a really awkward grocery trip with my mom in which she pushed the cart and I pointed (poorly) at the things that I wanted, most of which were too heavy or high to reach and often too high for me to effectively point at. I really should have worn my tiara!

Glad to hear you are in recovery. Please remove tiara for weigh-in's, I know yours is quite heavy.
  • disturbed4ever13
    disturbed4ever13 Posts: 5 Member
    Sorry Im a day late.

SW 224.8
    CW 222.2
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Steps
    10/6 10,222
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Steps:
    10/6 = 4,620
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    Sorry Im a day late.

SW 224.8
    CW 222.2

I've left you mail with no response...you signed up for the step group, but you haven't been posting your steps. Please report your steps from 9/29 to present today and then remember to post your steps every few days...thanks! JK
  • kmfeig87
    @mulecanter Thanks for the tip. I knew that those diamonds had a down side! This week I should be able to weigh with out my cute little apron that's holding my (not-so-cute) Frankenstein drains!
  • Arc130
    Steps
    Sun 10/6- 8813
  • Arc130
    mulecanter wrote: »
    As an active lap swimmer I really appreciate your willingness to move out of the lap lanes o:), a lot of folks won't. Set a target distance and get it done each time--soon you will get stronger and be in the lap lane!

I will definitely work on it! :smile:
  • Arc130

I'm glad you're getting better every day. I remember how immobile I was for about a week when I had a simple surgery (laparoscopic). I hope your recovery is swift!
  • kateberard
    kateberard Posts: 110 Member
    Steps
    10/3-3839
    10/4-5598
    10/5-3741
    10/6-5668
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    WEEK 2 TEAM CHALLENGE

A POSTCARD TO YOUR YOUNGER SELF.... Brought to you by Shrinking Assets.

What advise would you give your younger self? Drop by and let the group know.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10767522/shrinking-assets-week-2-challenge-a-postcard-to-your-younger-self/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.