November miles for @mobycarp

Options
13»

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I am not 100% sure I can make my slot, so if anyone wants to double up, that be cool. I had great intentions when I signed up, but, we will see!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    At "17:00 EDT"? That's 22:00 CET, according to the sheet. I could most likely go for a run at that time, but not long enough to cover all of the three slots that are empty.
    (I have to admit, I'm confuse by the two charts - we are only supposed to look at the "Updated" one? Should we hide the other one to avoid confusion in that case?)

Maybe a simple, typed-out list with New York time and who is signed up would help? (We can all check worldtime or something to get our local times.) I can do it, if no one minds me jumping in.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    As of now my husband and I are definitely planning to take the 2 hr slot between noblesheep and rusgolden starting at 19:00 central standard time.

No way to edit google docs on phone, if someone wants to add me to the spreadsheet.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    As of now my husband and I are definitely planning to take the 2 hr slot between noblesheep and rusgolden starting at 19:00 central standard time.

No way to edit google docs on phone, if someone wants to add me to the spreadsheet.
    @rheddmobile I'Ve put your name into the spreadsheet
  • polskagirl01
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Copied from the "updated" version of the chart:
    (Time in New York)
    12:00 7lenny7
    12:30 7lenny7
    13:00 7lenny7
    13:30 7lenny7
    14:00 7lenny7
    14:30 7lenny7
    15:00 ContraryMaryMary 7lenny7
    15:30 ContraryMaryMary 7lenny7
    16:00 ContraryMaryMary 7lenny7
    Start of 24hr period
    16:30 ContraryMaryMary 7lenny7
    17:00 nikkiwolf
    17:30
    18:00
    18:30 noblsheep
    19:00 noblsheep
    19:30 noblsheep
    20:00 rheddmobile
    20:30 rheddmobile
    21:00 rheddmobile
    21:30 rheddmobile
    22:00 rusgolden
    22:30 rusgolden
    23:00 HonuNui
    23:30 HonuNui
    November 3 0:00 HonuNui
    0:30
    1:00
    1:30
    1:00 username301
    1:30 username301
    2:00 polskagirl01
    2:30 polskagirl01
    3:00
    3:30
    4:00 eleanorhawkins
    4:30 eleanorhawkins
    5:00 eleanorhawkins
    5:30 eleanorhawkins
    6:00 martaindale eleanorhawkins KatieJane83
    6:30 martaindale KatieJane83 7:00 martaindale KatieJane83 T1DCarnivoreRunner
    7:30 martaindale KatieJane83 T1DCarnivoreRunner
    8:00 T1DCarnivoreRunner Scott6255
    8:30 T1DCarnivoreRunner Scott6255
    Race Start - 9:50 9:00 T1DCarnivoreRunner Scott6255
    9:30 T1DCarnivoreRunner Scott6255
    10:00 T1DCarnivoreRunner kgirlhart zeesparrow
    10:30 T1DCarnivoreRunner kgirlhart zeesparrow 11:00 T1DCarnivoreRunner Mari33a hamsterwheel6
    11:30 T1DCarnivoreRunner Mari33a hamsterwheel6
    12:00 ShanaBer
    12:30 ShanaBer
    13:00 ShanaBer
    13:30 ShanaBer
    14:00 PastorVincent
    14:30 PastorVincent
    15:00 PastorVincent
    15:30 PastorVincent
    16:00 rusgolden
    16:30 rusgolden
    17:00 ContraryMaryMary
    17:30 ContraryMaryMary
    18:00 Tramboman
    18:30 Tramboman
    19:00
    19:30
    20:00
    20:30
    21:00
    21:30
    22:00
    22:30
    23:00
    23:30
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    I think there may be people on the original sheet that did not get added to the updated sheet. Most likely just added themselves to the sheet that opened and didn't even see the updated sheet. My guess is this is what happened to @marisap2010.
    I find the whole update for DST to be confusing but then I tend to be time zone challenged anyway...
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I think there may be people on the original sheet that did not get added to the updated sheet. Most likely just added themselves to the sheet that opened and didn't even see the updated sheet. My guess is this is what happened to @marisap2010.
    I find the whole update for DST to be confusing but then I tend to be time zone challenged anyway...

That's what I was thinking too. I didn't even notice the DST sheet at first, since the "Original" was open when I clicked the link.

Anyway, my run is done now :smile: One hour. With some walking though, which I'm not really happy with, but I'm struggling to get over a cold, so it was the best I could do. I really wanted to be a part of the miles for Kevin, I didn't want a scratchy throat and stuffy nose keep me from running in his memory.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    I am not 100% sure I can make my slot, so if anyone wants to double up, that be cool. I had great intentions when I signed up, but, we will see!

☹️ yeah. Meetings. Yay.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    1103-12.4k total 20.6k goal-100k

So I got up early and ran an hour and a half for @MobyCarp . It was 10 degrees and drizzling, again. At least I remembered the gloves today.

This was a tough run mentally for some reason. My brain just didn't want to do it. So I remembered how MobyCarp was always telling us to listen to our bodies. I asked my body how it felt, and it was like "hey I could do this all day", so I hushed the brain and got it done. Nearing the end of my last loop, I was passed by a fast elderly gentleman with a light gait. Somehow, although I'd never seen a video of MobyCarp running, that was pretty much how I'd always imagined him to move.

The Garmin Connect site has decided to be down ATM, so no way to export my gpx file at the moment. Hope a screenshot will suffice.
    jyyeihbn6ocx.png
  • polskagirl01
    Options
    Did my time slot :) will write about it in monthly challenge thread. Good to hear that between the 2 sheets, there may have been more of us than we thought!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo I'm sure I saw it on there yesterday, gremlins and multiple sheets made stuff confusing as heck. Point was still to run the miles for Moby though, and we've done (and continue to do!) just that so all is good. I'm sure if he can see us, he's touched and probably proud of the fact that so many of us seem to be channeling his advice!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

☹️ yeah. Meetings. Yay.
    I was just looking for a slot to fill. It looks like you planned to start at 2 pm Eastern for 2 hours. I don’t think I have the fitness for 2 hours yet but I should be able to cover an hour of your time running. Possibly an additional hour of walking if no one else is available. That would put me starting at 1 pm Central.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

☹️ yeah. Meetings. Yay.

I feel like that amazing race you and Kristi ran was the best tribute possible!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    I started a bit late so missed my initial slot. But I did get in 2.5 hours for @MobyCarp (9:30 Pacific/12:30 Eastern).
  • PastorVincent
    Options

☹️ yeah. Meetings. Yay.

I feel like that amazing race you and Kristi ran was the best tribute possible!

Thanks, it was, but I am annoyed at how busy yesterday got regardless.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

☹️ yeah. Meetings. Yay.
    I was just looking for a slot to fill. It looks like you planned to start at 2 pm Eastern for 2 hours. I don’t think I have the fitness for 2 hours yet but I should be able to cover an hour of your time running. Possibly an additional hour of walking if no one else is available. That would put me starting at 1 pm Central.

Thanks!