Current weight:173.4
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Check in for Friday
    Food not logged not sure if over...
    Water 64 oz
    Exercise none and low steps

I will start with Thanksgiving. I think it was the funnest Thanksgiving I ever had. My husband is very funny and so is his family. Shannon, William and Mary Kate also inherited it. They were just all in rare form this year. I did great with exercise, I did get it all in however I didn't do as well as I wanted eating but I didn't do horrible either. I ate too much while preparing. I did ok at dinner, I took a little of everything and left a lot on my plate. The same with dessert but I guess I did overeat and felt full. I did drink more than I wanted to also. Friday I was exhausted and did nothing all day. I should have at least worked out but I didn't. I didn't track my food but didn't eat too bad. I did have dessert again, which I planned but now I am getting rid of the rest. No one would take it home and I am the only one who will eat it here.

Today, I am going to eat lunch and then go workout. I am hoping to decorate this weekend but I have no one home to help me get stuff out of the attic. I will at least start taking the fall things down. I am interested to see how my weight shakes out too, I don't think I gained during this time with the wedding and Thanksgiving. I wasn't perfect with my plan but stuck to it for the most part. I can still tell I am retaining fluid so I am going to wait to see where I am when I get that off. Today I am hoping for a more active day with a lot of water. I am going to get right back to the basics!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! xoxo

@GingerPwr I am glad that you are part of our group. I hope things are getting better.
    @nstephenson01 Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving.
    @lennoncpa Lol! I loved that vegan "turkey" . People are so creative!
    @Mrsbell8well What beautiful pics! You look so cute in your cheetah outfit too! It looks and sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving. If anyone needs a cruise control month of December it is you. You are always so busy! I am glad you will be able to enjoy the holiday season! And yes! I am so happy to be on the other side of my challenging time :) Thinking of Molly too....the holidays will be difficult for her, especially this year. A virtual hug to her from Philly...
    @pacsnc6 Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving! I love that you were able to enjoy without stuffing yourself! I have said it before but you have really made this a lifestyle. I wouldn't worry about the scale. I bet that weight will come right off. I am sure you ate a lot more sodium than usual plus if you had alcohol, that would effect your weight too.
    @tryingagain5 What an awesome Thanksgiving workout! I am glad that you had a nice Thanksgiving! Awesome job hitting all your goals this week! When you get a chance, I am curious how you do the intervals on the treadmill. I can't do the treadmill yet as walking aggravates my hip and knee the worst but maybe I can do the same on the stationary bike.
    @ljdanny Sounds like you had a busy Thanksgiving! I bet you would have had a ton of steps if you didn't forget to put your fitbit on. I hate when that happens Lol! Christmas is my favorite time of the year too. I am hoping to start decorating today but I need help getting everything from the attic with this hip and knee.
    @phoebe112476 What an awesome NSV! You are so fun! This pic and then the old ET pic when you were away just makes me think that you just get out and enjoy life! I actually went on your page but you only have your current pic. I wanted to compare your pictures from the beginning. I think not only are you smaller but you look way younger. Glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving even with the long ride. I am curious since you had such a long trip to visit with family, if they noticed a difference in you? Or do you see them a lot so they have seen your progress as you go.
    @Cafelelia Hopefully you have a little break with the hockey. This was a busy week for you. Nice loss especially with everything you have going on. Thanks again for everything. I am back now. My company is gone and I can make a point to get on here every day.
    @lennoncpa I think it is amazing that you are still committed to your no sweets. Maybe you should journal and see why you are so committed to that and how you can take that energy and also put it in other areas where you struggle. I was told with journaling just start off but writing whatever goes into you head and just keep writing it down, don't try to organize your thoughts. Just an idea. Don't focus on how badly you think you did on Thanksgiving, just get up and move on. I know you got your exercise in this week as usual so that is awesome. Enjoy the new little puppy this weekend!
    @cyndiesstuff Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! You have really made this a lifestyle change, and that is evident how you handled Thanksgiving! You should be proud. Good idea getting the left overs out. I am doing that today. I don't think I mentioned, I love your profile pic! I like how you have been working on one thing at a time. Good luck with the OA I hope works out and will be a source of support for you.
    @kirsten1121991 Nice loss, especially for a weigh in 2 days after Thanksgiving! It sounds like you had such a nice Thanksgiving! I felt the same way with Thanksgiving. I thought I did ok but felt too full so I did overeat. I love how you were able to make yourself go to the gym Friday and still were able to have the relaxing night you envisioned AFTER the gym. I am sure you enjoyed it more not feeling guilty from skipping the gym. :)
    @hope002 Nice loss! Guess that means things are going well?
    @timibotkin Nice loss! No problem changing your weigh in day. The only thing with Saturday is you have no buffer day if you don't weigh in. I can imagine how much you don't like black friday! I think those early hours are crazy. I did it a few years when the kids were little but it started getting out of hand.
    @Zumba_Luvah You will be in the 180s before you know it! You are almost there!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Friday check in

Food - logged & on target
    Exercise - 7 k steps
    Water - 1l

The tournament took up my entire day and evening yesterday. My son’s team did not do so well and he had a bad game at the end of the day. It is so hard as a parent when that happens and all you can do is support them as best as you know how. Sometimes I wonder if it all worth it. Being in a sport has a lot of positives like fitness, teamwork, personal discipline etc. But there is the stress the kids and on us, and in the bad moments, I question it all. The tournament continues and it is going much better this morning for all of us. My husband is covering today to give me a “break”, which involves work and housework! Oh, and I had Doritos for supper last night at the rink as there were no healthy options, and I did not bring all meals for all day (I will remember for next time). The chips were actually within my calorie limit, which was fine, but honestly, after so much time without junk food, they made me feel kind of sick, which is a good lesson! On the positive side, I am moving into different clothing sizes, so I have been editing my closet this morning, and did some online shopping for transitional clothes, particularly jeans.

@kirsten11872 - Nice loss! Great job sticking to your plan going to the gym, and these small decisions each day are the ones that lead you to your goals. What I a great Friday night you had!

@sleepymom5 - So happy that you had a great Thanksgiving and are now moving back into your routine. Have fun decorating!

@Zumba_Luvah - You have been kicking butt, and my guess is that you have built muscle, accounting for a small uptick. Great attitude and you will absolutely get there in December!

@tryingagain5 - Fantastic that you met your goals this week! Also, it is just great that you are catching up on sleep and I hope that you are feeling well rested by the end of you mini break from work!

@cyndiesstuff - Great day yesterday! I think that your decision to go the Overeaters Anonymous shows your strength and determination. I understand the shame part. I have mentioned it before on the team, but I got a doctor’s help a few years back regarding my eating patterns. The shame is in the secret of doing it, and once it is out in the open, you fell a whole lot better, trust me.

@Timibotkin - Fantastic loss! Sorry that Black Friday made work so stressful. It does seem to have gotten out of control in recent years. Here in Canada, our Thanksgiving is in October, so there is really no reason to have Black Friday, yet we do and it has now started to be the entire week before, plus Cyber Monday.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Hey team, please remember that we move over to the December thread tomorrow! Yes, that is right, it is December tomorrow! You can go on now and introduce yourself. If you feel like it, tell us about your 2019 (it does not have to be about just the numbers on the scale), and also about what you think your goals and plan will be for 2020. See you there!

i6tcz1dxdvvu.jpeg

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia I don't see a link for the December chat for our group.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    @pacsnc6 - at the bottom of the “discussions” section, you should see an “all discussions” link. Click on that and you will see the team Weight No More December thread about 14 down a long list. There are so many threads in our community open right now, so they don’t all show on the Discussions landing. If that does not work, let me know.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    0o29e4axrsh4.jpeg
    @tryingagain5 @timibotkin
    One of my nurse friends posted this and I thought of you both Lol!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Thanks! I've been working really hard on making my goals. Sure, I don't see why intervals wouldn't work on a stationary bike. It will just be different because you will have to increase the speed yourself, instead of the machine doing it for you.

On the treadmill, I'll walk for a minute or two, then run for as long as I can, which is anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then I repeat that for however long I can manage it. I sometimes vary the speed.

Today I did a couple of intervals at 5.5 mph, I could only keep that up for about 20 seconds-definitely have to work my way up to longer.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    Thanks! I've been working really hard on making my goals. I am enjoying getting better sleep while I'm off. I get to sleep at night tonight, then back to work tomorrow.

Sounds like you are really busy with your boys' hockey tournaments! It does sound stressful but as you say, there are the positives too. They do get to learn a lot in playing sports.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Saturday 11/30
    Check in
    Food: logged and just a little under
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 15 minutes walk on the treadmill, 45 minute class at the gym and 5 minutes speed intervals after the class

I think I slept a little too much yesterday afternoon. I woke up around 2:30 in the morning to use the bathroom, then couldn't get back to sleep. Was awake probably an hour or so before I fell asleep again.

I had two NSV's today:

I'm able to take my jeans off without unzipping or unbuttoning them. Yah! They're too big in the waist already. I'm going to have to check my closet for the next size down to see if they fit. I should probably measure myself again soon.

I went past the restaurant where I get the salad, soup and hot fudge cake. I thought about pulling in and getting it but knew it would put me over my limit and I wouldn't make my fruit and veggie goals if I did. I drove past and went to a different restaurant where I got their grilled chicken dinner, which comes with roasted potatoes, broccoli and a dinner salad. I took it home to eat and added my fruits to the salad.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff

There's no shame in getting help from Overeaters Anonymous or from wherever you need to get it from. It may be hard to go to the first meeting but make yourself go anyway. You will probably learn something from the others that are there.

Even though I already do know what I should be doing, I don't always do it. I saw a dietitian a couple of years ago to get some help and I am still getting help now from my trainer at the gym. I log my food, water and exercise with pen and paper and give it to my trainer each week to help me with the accountability.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @tryingagain5 I am going to try the intervals on the bike. What awesome NSVs too! I bet you may be at least a size or maybe even two down. I also know that is one of your favorite treat meal so it is awesome that you went for the healthy option! Great job!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Hey team, please remember that we move over to the December thread tomorrow! Yes, that is right, it is December tomorrow! You can go on now and introduce yourself. If you feel like it, tell us about your 2019 (it does not have to be about just the numbers on the scale), and also about what you think your goals and plan will be for 2020. See you there!

i6tcz1dxdvvu.jpeg

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773697/weight-no-more-december-chat#latest

I will post the reminders for the weigh ins in the December thread. Meet us over there!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @tryingagain5 I am going to try the intervals on the bike. What awesome NSVs too! I bet you may be at least a size or maybe even two down. I also know that is one of your favorite treat meal so it is awesome that you went for the healthy option! Great job!

Great! Let me know how it goes.
    I hope so! I'm planning to measure myself tomorrow too. I think it was October the last time I did that. That is my favorite treat meal. I haven't gotten it now for several weeks. I think the meal I got from the other restaurant is becoming another fast favorite. Thanks! I'm impressed I went with the healthier option too. I've been working really hard on it.
This discussion has been closed.