WEIGHT NO MORE DECEMBER CHAT

Options
Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
Welcome cf68nv1j0vwe.png CHALLENGERS
This chat room is where the CHALLENGERS on this team meet. Here is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!

We are beginning the DECEMBER CHALLENGE - We have six (6) teams returning this month!
Our group and team leaders for the91vii32gnq9v.png Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (GROUP OWNER)
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains:
*Team Fitness Warriors - @Fitness327wk and @shbarbor
Warriors Fitness Captain.- @Navydaddjtc
*Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and
@TeresaW1020
*Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
*Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
*Team Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
*Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Motivators:
*Team Fitness Warriors - @ConfidentRaven
*Team Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain
*Team Trimstones - @Angmarie28
*Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
*Team Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
*Team Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Each week, every challenger weighs in, and the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!
If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page.
In addition to weight loss, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. We have 3 different kinds of challenges. NONE is mandatory. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, though, so we hope to see you there often! Here they are:
Weekly Group Challenge - The six teams take turns to provide a Challenge for the entire group. These are posted Sundays in the Announcements area by the team assigned that particular week (see below). Everyone in the F2F Group as a whole is welcome to join in and get to know challengers from other teams. There is a new challenge every week, so you can try many new ideas.

F2F Moderators’ Challenge/Topic of the Week - The moderators also post a weekly challenge or topic in the announcements area. These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey.

Internal Team Challenges - Every team can run internal challenges - a step counting team, daily goals, weekly games or anything that can help keep everyone involved and on track. Your ideas are welcome - just post them here.

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges will be provided by:
Week 1 – Team MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
Week 2 – Team TRIMSTONES
Week 3 – Team WEIGHT NO MORE
Week 4 – Team WAISTAWAYS
Week 5 – Team SHRINKING ASSETS

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let us know ahead of time so another team can take your place or the moderators can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified.
Let’s make our new challengers feel welcome and show them some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves, and let the new month begin.

THANKS! YOUR MODS

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Welcome December one more month to go 2019
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    olz6bix1ut6x.jpeg

A few posting guidelines. We ask that you please check in daily or more if you please. But minimally daily. You can use whatever format (or not) that you like. Many of us here check in with the following format:

Check in for: Thursday
    Logged food: yes, on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Steps or exercise: 10000 and 30 minutes of yoga

Now, our way to weigh in on weigh in day:

User ID: *
    Week Number: Week *
    Previous weight: *
    Current weight: *

Please be sure to weigh in promptly. But if you can't and something comes up, just don't ignore it. Come here and explain and we will get you excused from the weigh in. You will see “insightful” marked on your weigh in post. This means that one of the Captains has recorded your weight on the spreadsheet. It is our system to make sure the other captain knows that the weight is recorded.

So come on in and introduce yourselves! Tell us about your 2019. It doesn’t have to be just about weight or achievements. If it was not a great year, we want to hear about that too and support you. Also, what is on your mind for 2020? We have been getting healthy together and are looking forward to continuing that journey with everyone!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,458 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Pam. I am one of the team's co captain along with @Cafelelia . Our team motivators are @Mrsbell8well and @nstephenson01 I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I have been married 28 years and have 5 children 28-19. I am a nurse but sorta retired at the moment. I am still trying to decide. I also am in PT for gluteus minimus and medius tears and also have been having some issues with my knees.

My story in a nutshell...I was never overweight, although I always thought I was fat growing up. I gained A TON of weight with my pregnancies and ended up at 221 lbs. Unfortunately that ended up being my heaviest even when I wasn't pregnant . At the end June of 2012 I decided I either had to get serious and lose weight or accept that I am obese and live my life. I got a fitbit and joined MFP on July 1, 2012. Since then, I have gained and lost 30 or more pounds a few times. I have never gotten back to that starting weight but have gotten close. Although I haven't been as successful with my weight loss as I would like, I have learned a lot. I eat so much healthier than I used to. I also am in good physical shape, I love to hike, walk, kayak and bike. Actually anything outdoors I usually enjoy. I do have a home gym in PA which has a bike, treadmill, elliptical, weights and a few other things.This winter I discovered the Leslie Sansone tapes which I also enjoy. I want to enjoy exercising and not have it be a chore. I am always looking for fun, new workouts.
    As far as eating, that is where I struggle. I do eat healthy for the most part but I am now figuring out that I am eating too much. I am working on not eating unless I am hungry and to stop eating when I am satisfied. I listen to the Phit and Phat podcasts daily. The things they talk about really have hit home with me. Especially making small, doable changes. I have done so many restrictive diets and crazy exercise regimes and lost weight only to gain it all back when I just couldn't keep it up anymore. This time I am not making any changes that I am not willing to continue my whole life. It is really a lifestyle change. I totally get that now. The weight is coming off slower than I would like but it is coming off and that is what is important.
    This team is more than just weighing in weekly. Checking in daily really helps keep me focused. I also learn a lot from everyone and also get support when I really need it. I was in a terrible slump most of 2018 and this team pulled me out and put me on a good path. The information that changed my thinking was from reading everyone else's successes and struggles. If I wasn't on this team, I wouldn't be where I am now. We are now getting into the holiday season, we need the support now more than ever! Let's have an awesome Holiday season!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    e4x06a5u54wi.jpeg

Sunday's Weigh Ins
    @amytriesww
    @twyla77
    Monday's Weigh In
    @jedaschultz
    Tuesday's Weigh In
    @Phoebe112476
    Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @GingerPwr
    @tryingagain5
    Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @Ljdanny
    @Cyndiesstuff
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE TALLIES FOR THE t40376qqsqyq.jpgWEIGHT LOSS AND SUPPORT GROUP ARE IN
    NOVEMBER CHALLENGE
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL WENT DOWN

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 3.3 POUNDS OR 0.01%

0tgbz3meo4gv.png
    THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Trimstones 0.32%
    INDIVIDUAL % kmfeig87 3.68%
    TEAM LBS LOST Trimstones 11.2
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST kmfeig87 5.0

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Trimstones 0.32%
    2nd WaistAways 0.15%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.03%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Trimstones 11.2
    2nd WaistAways 5.9
    3rd Shrinking Assets 1.3

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE

1st @kmfeig87 3.68%
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 1.83%
    3rd @amytriesww 1.76%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @kmfeig87 5.0
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 3.8
    3rd @amytriesww 3.7

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@jenready
    @Pearl4686
    @DreaRN15
    @Lindamtuck2018
    @mrmcgrath
    @tryingagain5
    @offitgoes
    @CharlesScott78
    @reflectionofme
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    THE TALLIES FOR THE29vibdret3px.pngWEIGHT LOSS AND SUPPORT GROUP ARE IN
    GRAND FINALE
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL WENT DOWN

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 132.9 POUNDS OR 0.57%

d663yovq3t0b.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 1.15%
    INDIVIDUAL % Krystalkayefisher 5.98%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 51.9
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST CharlesScott78 19.4

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Shrinking Assets 1.15%
    2nd Workout Warriors 0.90%
    3rd Weight No More 0.77%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 51.9
    2nd Workout Warriors 41.1
    3rd Weight No More 23.9

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Krystalkayefisher 5.98%
    2nd @Lindamtuck2018 5.03%
    3rd @amytriesww 4.93%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @CharlesScott78 19.4
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 13.0
    3rd @amytriesww 11.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @CharlesScott78
    @kmargut
    @ConfidentRaven
    @Safari_Gal_
    @walkerjulian78
    @Shortgirlrunning
    @KathynDes
    @cafelelia
    @mrmcgrath
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    oe0g8bjfv769.jpeg

Great November everyone!! Together we lost 23.9 lbs, placing 3rd for % & lbs for overall November challenge!

Congratulations @amytriesww for coming in 3rd overall in Week 4 and for the entire month! You are kicking butt!

It is December 1st!! With the holidays coming, more chocolates, cookies and sweets will be around at home and at work. Let’s all start planning today and here’s to another great month!!

Come on the thread to introduce yourself and tell us about your 2019 and what you are thinking about for 2020!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    Captain’s responsibilities include:

* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
    * Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
    * Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
    * Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
    * Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
    * Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
    * Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
    * Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
    * Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Check in for Saturday
    Food logged and under (forgot to complete diary)
    Water 64 oz
    Exercise 30 min bike, strength, stretching and PT
    Steps a little over 5K

Good day yesterday. I got back into my routine and got some stuff done around the house. I have been so tired lately but finally got a good nights sleep. I wasn't sleeping well around the wedding so I am hoping I am dragging because of that. I would like to start decorating but with this knee and hip I am dependent on others to get the stuff out of the attic. I don't like that at all. I can understand why the elderly can get a little ornery at times. So that's it. No real plans today but exercise and decorate. My house looks very pretty with the fall decorations and I still have 2 fresh fall flower arrangements from Thanksgiving but I am excited to get everything decorated for Christmas. I also want to make a plan for this time like I did with the wedding. I have a lot of things coming up and I want to be ready. Happy December everyone!

Congrats team Weight No More! We had an awesome month! Let's keep it going!!

@tryingagin5 I will let you know how I make out with the intervals . I guess December 1st is a good time to start.
    @amytriesww WTG!! I guess you did even better than you had thought! Great job! You will be in onderland soon!
    @Mrsbell8well What a fun day you have planned! Sunday funday! Enjoy!

• Navydaddjtc
    Options
    GOOD MORNINGku6xzs0d0c9q.jpg
    CHALLENGERS AND WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER CHALLENGE
    A QUICK INTRO HERE
    I AM GREG AKA @NAVYDADDJTC
    I AM THE GROUP OWNER, MODERATOR AND FITNESS CAPTAIN FOR THE FITNESS WARRIORS

I HAVE TAKEN A STEP FROM THE TEAM CAPTAIN POSITION I HELD TO FOCUS ON THE GROUP AS A WHOLE

A LITTLE ABOUT ME
    MARRIED TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE MARCIE KATHLEEN 30+YEARS, 2 SONS
    I AM A DISABLED COMBAT VET SERVING 2 TOURS IN VIETNAM AS A MILITARY WAR DOG HANDLER WITH THE US SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND (NAVY SEALS, MARINE RECON AND THE ARMY GREEN BERET) I HANDLED SHADOWX-117 FOR 5 YEARS UNTIL HE WAS KIA ON OUR 2ND TOUR IN NAM DURING THE FALL OF SAIGON IN APRIL OF 75. AT THE SAME TIME I WAS THE VICTIM OF A WELL PLACE BOBBY TRAP WHICH COST ME THE LOWER PORTION OF MY RIGHT CALF AND MY RIGHT FOOT. SO GOES THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATION OF WAR AND WE MOVE FORWARD FROM THERE WITH A LOT MENTAL AND PHYSICAL THERAPY.

I HAVE BEEN A WARRIOR FROM THE GET GO. I JOINED IN 2016 TOOK A SMALL BREAK AND CAME BACK AFTER GETTING A NEW PROSTHETIC TO WORKOUT ON AND WALK WITH.

AS WE APPROACH THE HOLIDAY SEASON I WOULD LIKE ALL OF THE ku6xzs0d0c9q.jpg CHALLENGERS TO BE AWARE OF THE CALORIES THAT WE ARE GOING TO CONSUME AND BE MINDFUL THAT IT WON'T DETER US FROM OUR GOALS AS A TEAM AND AS A PERSON.

AS Aku6xzs0d0c9q.jpg CHALLENGER I AM GOING TO ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR TEAM,THE MODERATORS AND YOU.
    PARTICIPATE IN THE MODERATORS CHALLENGE, THE GROUP CHALLENGE AND YOUR TEAM CHALLENGE. THESE CHALLENGES ARE COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY; HOWEVER IT CONQUERS 2 THINGS... YOU MEET AND CHAT WITH OTHER CHALLENGERS AND YOU PUSH YOURSELF TO BE A HEALTHIER YOU.
    LET’S HAVE A GREAT DECEMBER CHALLENGE WITH OF LOT OF WEIGHT LOSSES AND FUN TIMES’
    GREG
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 214.4
    Current weight: 217.8

WOW, I NEED to change this ASAP! Just a few months ago I was at 180...WHAT HAPPENED!! :(
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Challenge: Sharing is Caring Brought to you by team Mission Slimpossibles!! :)
    Please post in your groups and pop over to the challenge thread and post there as well so we can all get to know each other better!!

Week One: Sharing Is Caring

x4g99172oaav.png

SHARING SUNDAY
    I joined Fat 2 Fit because I love the idea of challenges and working together as a group toward our goals. Being involved with my team Mission Slimpossibles has been so much fun and so motivating. I love how my team truly cares about each other and does their best to always be so supportive. :)
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sharing Sunday

I joined Fat2Fit because I wanted to be a part of a group of people who were on the same journey that I'm on. The thing I like the most about it is that it's set up like a competition, but it never feels like one. Everyone is so supportive of each other and sometimes the support I get from this group is the one thing that keeps me on track.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I joined F2F because I was looking for a challenge to motivate me and for a group of friendly people to share the journey. I appreciate that everyone shares their ups and downs, their good ideas and the ones that didn't work and everyone is very encouraging.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I joined because of the extra accountability it is giving me. Reading about other's successes and struggles help me know that I'm not in this alone. The encouragement I get is great and I like helping others when they need encouragement. A lot of times when I post something to encourage someone else, I'm actually encouraging myself, so in reality. I'm helping both of us.
This discussion has been closed.