10/28 - 18558
    10/29 - 14630
    10/30 - 12360
    10/31 - 12064
    11/1 - 13074
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,581 Member
    Options
    @Kres567 and @digger61 - Congratulations on staying steady! Not always easy during the Candypallooza that the last week or so has been (at least in my world)! 👍🏽👍🏽

@bethanie0825 - Great stepping! Great job staying moving! 🔥🚶🏿

@raleighgirl09 _ oh, my, I am SO sorry to hear about your illness, and so glad you are giving yourself some time to recover with some planned days off. 👐👐

@renaegry - Congratulations on the great weigh-in! And a big wow to your step counts! 😀

@Jactop - Wow! You had an amazing week for steps! So inspiring! 🔥🚶🏿

@KatMary71 - Thank you for sharing about your Brussels sprouts adventures! 🎈 And excellent work on your 5 for 90 goals! 😊

@nbbaby - All the challenges are optional, so please don't worry about whether you can do them or not. There's no expectation you'll do them. If one works and call to you, great. If not, no worries at all! 👍🏽

@its_cleo - Hurray for you and starting off November with 30 minutes in the gym! Great work! 🏆
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Friday Check-in
    Calories: over, but all good, on-plan choices
    Water: over
    Exercise: 45 min platform stepping

5 for 90 for Friday
    1. Make some time for myself ✔️
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day ✔️
    3. Hydrate ✔️
    4. Martial Arts Kicks Practice ✔️
    5. Thankful ✔️

Steps for Friday 11/1 - 10,513
    Steps for Thursday 10/31 - 19,151
    Steps for Wednesday 10/30 - 14,214

Thursday and Friday were so busy, and there were so many opportunities to eat stuff that's not on plan. I am looking forward to all the candy being out of the house!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    steps
    10/28 - 14,603
    10/29 - 16,921
    10/30 - 15,856
    10/31 - 14,447
    11/1 - 20,630

Wow @Jactop those are some serious steps!
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    steps nov 2 - 6697

30 day gym challenge- went in and did arms and some core.

Cals on track.

Water good today.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Nov 2019
    Sunday
    PW 166.6
    CW 164 (74.4kg)

Finally some weight loss. It really helps with motivation. I snacked less as I ate a sandwich at lunch that made me feel a little full. I hope I upkeep this momentum. Making sure I eat for as long as 15 mins instead of just eating quickly.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING koyhduznkj87.jpgTEAMS

THE TALLIES ARE IN
    HERE IS HOW OCTOBER WEEK 5 SHOOK OUT

ey9nfmgogeas.png
    0zanqcdoxobp.png

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 29.7 POUNDS OR 0.14%!!

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % WaistAways 0.44%
    INDIVIDUAL % @kx7003 4.18%
    TEAM LBS LOST WaistAways 14.8
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @kx7003 5.5

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st WaistAways 0.44%
    2nd Weight No More 0.36%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.20%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st WaistAways 14.8
    2nd Weight No More 13.0
    3rd Workout Warriors 6.0

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE

1st @kx7003 4.18%
    2nd @reflectionofme 3.90%
    3rd @machchic 2.99%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @kx7003 5.5
    2nd @reflectionofme 5.2
    3rd @machchic 5.1

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Nstephenson01
    @matthewsfive
    @disturbed4ever13
    @raleighgirl09
    @GingerPwr
    @jedaschultz
    @Navydaddjtc
    @TheMrWobbly
    @Pamela_Sue
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Those of you who are MFP friends already know i bought brussel sprouts on the stalk and was excited about it. I cooked for my brother, SIL, and nephews tonight and roasted and presented it whole. My brother ended up carving brussel sprouts out like you would slices of turkey. It makes a really cool presentation on the table, Trader Joe's has them right now.

I love brussel sprouts and now I really want to find them on the stalk.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @mrmcgrath - I want to try cooking them this way, too! This could be a Thanksgiving dish, but of course I'd have to test it in advance, so I would need TWO stalks. 💕😉

@raleighgirl09 - 🌟🎈Congratulations on being on the Fat2Fit leader board for Week 5!
    🥁 Congratulations on being on the Fat2Fit leader board for all of October! 🤩

@Apple852hk - 🎈 WOW! Great weigh-in! 🌟 I am so delighted for you!
    It sounds like you are keeping track of how long you are eating, to make sure you don't rush through. So maybe the meal is a WIN if you hit that mark!

@its_cleo - 💪🏽 What a great day! Congratulations on hitting the gym again for your 30 Day Gym Challenge!

@KatMary71 - 👍 You had such a great day Saturday! I completely sympathize with time spent looking at recipes. That is such fun, but it can turn into a time sink sometimes.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! This weekend has been busy with a family wedding and my oldest came home from College! I wanted to check in real quick and say y’all are doing GREAT!

Steps for the last two days....
    11/1. 4881
    11/2. 2860
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @Dawda01 and @walkerjulian78 - Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a great weekend! I am tagging you on this to hopefully help you find this new November Challenge thread for the Mission Slimpossibles team. Bookmark this thread, and you'll easily be able to join us all month!
    n35cv6mebqwk.gif
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    GOOD MORNINGdaste1fkdx1y.jpgTEAMS
    THE GRAND FINALE TALLIES ARE IN
    HERE IS HOW OCTOBER GRAND FINALE SHOOK OUT

i8wloekpg1fe.png

bd5x9y57jaa3.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 1.17%
    tie for 1st! Weight No More 1.17%
    INDIVIDUAL % @KathynDes 7.05%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 45.4
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST @amytriesww 14.6

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 168.2 POUNDS OR 0.79%!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 1.17%
    1st Weight No More 1.17%
    2nd WaistAways 0.94%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.92%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 45.4
    2nd Weight No More 42.6
    3rd WaistAways 31.7

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @KathynDes 7.05%
    2nd @kx7003 6.67%
    3rd @amytriesww 6.30%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @amytriesww 14.6
    2nd @KathynDes 11.7
    3rd @TheMrWobbly 10.1

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Luciicul
    @machchic
    @TheMrWobbly
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @matthewsfive
    @disturbed4ever13
    @raleighgirl09
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @kmfeig87
    [/center]
  • its_cleo
    Options
    Well and right on time my weigh in and I gained liked a pound. I feel like I'm dragging the group down, so I'm sorry. I'm trying to use it as motivation for my upcoming week.

Name: itscleo
    Week 1
    Weighin day: Sunday
    Last weight: 156.4
    Current weight: 157.6

I love brussel sprouts too! Maybe I'll make some this week.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited November 2019
    Options
    its_cleo wrote: »
    Well and right on time my weigh in and I gained liked a pound. I feel like I'm dragging the group down, so I'm sorry. I'm trying to use it as motivation for my upcoming week.

Name: itscleo
    Week 1
    Weighin day: Sunday
    Last weight: 156.4
    Current weight: 157.6

I love brussel sprouts too! Maybe I'll make some this week.

@its_cleo - Apology accepted, and know that none was needed! We are all here working on things!

(And it was Halloween week -- not the best and easiest week for lots of people!)

Keep focusing on making great days like yesterday (for Nov 2, you had great steps, you went to the gym, you had your calories on track and you did well with water!). Keep building streaks of days like that, and the results will eventually come!

r6kvw1waurad.gif
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Saturday Check-in
    Calories: under, and all good, on-plan choices
    Water: over
    Exercise: outdoor walk (46 min); platform stepping (15 min); martial arts (75 min)

5 for 90 for Saturday
    1. Make some time for myself ✔️
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day ✔️
    3. Hydrate ✔️
    4. Martial Arts Kicks Practice ✔️
    5. Thankful ✔️ for the time and space to rest when I needed it

Steps for Saturday 11/2 - 9,863

Sunday Plans and Improvements
    - Work my 5 for 90
    - Review my schedule for the week (this is a follow-up to the article that @raleighgirl09 recommended -- The Difference Between Professionals and Amateurs. Money quote: "You want to set a schedule based on actions you can do, not results that you want.")
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    yyh7vytfj3dy.jpeg

It is that time of the year again! Time to “fall back”. Today we need to set our clocks back one hour (unless you live in Arizona, Hawaii or other regions where DST is not observed) Many times these time changes effect our sleeping routine. That is why for this week Team Weight No More is challenging everyone to get a better nights sleep! Studies from the US Centers for Disease Control show that over 1/3 of us regularly skimp on sleep. Although it may not seem like it is a big deal to not get proper rest, millions of sleep deprived people mean more dangerous roads, more costly health care and reduced productivity. Sleep deprivation impairs learning, decision making, emotions and adds stress. It also takes a physical toll. The risk of heart disease, Alzheimer disease, diabetes, cancer and obesity all climb with sleep deprivation. These are some of the most significant health concerns facing people today.

12bnzdbvs4vv.jpeg

One of the best way to improve your chances of getting a good night’s rest is by adopting healthy sleep hygiene habits. The chart below is from the National Sleep Foundation. This is a 7 day plan for incorporating some good habits into your routine.

6fu0qau2apot.jpeg

When you do your daily check in with your team this week. Discuss how the tip for the night before worked for you. Hopefully by the end of the week you are able to incorporate these 7 tips and change your sleeping habits for the better!

1zrijkc23zdm.jpeg
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    yyh7vytfj3dy.jpeg

It is that time of the year again! Time to “fall back”. Today we need to set our clocks back one hour (unless you live in Arizona, Hawaii or other regions where DST is not observed) Many times these time changes effect our sleeping routine. That is why for this week Team Weight No More is challenging everyone to get a better nights sleep! Studies from the US Centers for Disease Control show that over 1/3 of us regularly skimp on sleep. Although it may not seem like it is a big deal to not get proper rest, millions of sleep deprived people mean more dangerous roads, more costly health care and reduced productivity. Sleep deprivation impairs learning, decision making, emotions and adds stress. It also takes a physical toll. The risk of heart disease, Alzheimer disease, diabetes, cancer and obesity all climb with sleep deprivation. These are some of the most significant health concerns facing people today.

12bnzdbvs4vv.jpeg

One of the best way to improve your chances of getting a good night’s rest is by adopting healthy sleep hygiene habits. The chart below is from the National Sleep Foundation. This is a 7 day plan for incorporating some good habits into your routine.

6fu0qau2apot.jpeg

When you do your daily check in with your team this week. Discuss how the tip for the night before worked for you. Hopefully by the end of the week you are able to incorporate these 7 tips and change your sleeping habits for the better!

1zrijkc23zdm.jpeg

I get 3-5 hours sleep a night for the past month or so and that's not till about 5am when I pass out.
    I can definitely agree that lack of sleep affects your health.
  • its_cleo
    Options
    Love the sleep challenge. I suffer from insomnia off and on, but right now it's good. Bc it's been a problem my whole life, I rrally enjoy it when I can sleep.

So tonight aiming for 9.5 hours. I know it's a lot but I figure if I sleep I must need it.

steps nov 3 8587

Gym challenge- went in did some mobility work. Did stair climbing. Wanted to do some hill work but I bought new shoes and they hurt. Will try to exchange them this week.

Cals on target today.
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @nbbaby sorry to hear you struggle so much with this. I've been there and it's awful. Have you seen a doctor? I know sleeping pills aren't great but once in a while it can help to have some relief.

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    nbbaby wrote: »
    Hello my name is Sharon
    I'm 52 next month. Im married for 29 years. I have 3 grown children and 5 granddaughters. I'm not very healthy, I have Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, Acid Reflux, 9 Herniated Discs. IBS-C. And a few others, and right now I'm fighting some kind of lung problem Docs thinking COPD but I'm hoping it's just an infection or something. Well have to wait for the test to see.

I did just find out 2 months ago that my only son (middle child) who is 31 is dying of cancer and theres nothing I can do. So frustrating to be helpless. I've cried a river. So I thought I would start concentrating on my health because its gonna be hard to do when the time comes.
    Although I get through each day by telling myself somehow he'll be ok. It's the only way I can function. Denial I know...

So
    My goal is to lose 71 pounds, I've already lost 20 lbs, so I have 41 pounds left to go. I lost those pounds on Keto that I started 2 months ago. I plan on staying on it.
    Because of my body and that some days (most) I cant walk to well due to the pain. I need to lose this weight by mostly dieting. Although the days the pain isnt as bad I do try to clean the house or go for a walk on the treadmill.
    Taking weight of will help my pain in my joints. It's also great for the mind.

It's very nice to meet you all.

Welcome Sharon! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! I look forward to being in this journey with you. Stay strong and be kind to yourself!
This discussion has been closed.