WAIST AWAYS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    NSV

Realized that I needed to stop wearing my old clothes especially my pants. Just tried on a pair of pants that is 6-7 sizes smaller then my old pull on pants. I can actually wear pants with zippers and it feels okay.

This is fantastic! What's next - BELTS????? And congrats on the change in body composition - that is often much more significant than the weight itself. If you're losing weight and keeping the same body fat %, you're actually losing muscle - so this is a really good thing. Zip up those awesome trousers and step on out with a smile!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    I am so relieved to read that you made it to your destination, @Terytha - and that you had a mimosa en route. No calorie counting until you're home :heart:

And yes, @evangsimmons170 I did count my steps. I have a tendency just to enter them in the spreadsheet rather than putting them here in the chat, but I had two days over 11,000 this week and one almost 10,000. Not the kind of numbers that some of you amazing steppers have, but better than my usual when I am just hanging out at home. I do my workouts and exercise bike, but I really need to walk more. Counting again is a great reminder to get up and move around frequently. Soon it will be snowshoeing season! We got about 3 inches yesterday, and there are two more storms on the way for Monday and Tuesday - might be over a foot of snow! Did I ever mention how much I like snowshoeing? :tongue:

@AmyRobF good to have you checking in - but you and we all know that the more you're stepping in here, tracking, and keeping active in the team, the more likely you'll move towards your goal. It isn't all or nothing, don't forget! If you find it oppressive to think that this has to be every single day, I hear you. When I was beginning to lose, and all through the phase of working on losing at a steady rate, I hated having to be "good" every single day. But I was really bad at just being a little bit loose. What worked was to have one completely free day per week for each important thing: food, exercise, water. I could take the free day for all 3 at once, or have one free food day (with exercise and good hydration), etc. I preferred one completely free day per week. For me it was Saturday. If I craved something on Tuesday I'd smile and say "I'll have that Saturday". I was quite strict those 6 days, but for me that worked. Gradually my free eating days became less crazy. Apparently it can be good to "confuse" the body a bit and have one day with plenty or even a bit of excess. The "starvation mode" thing does not happen as much. I don't know if that is true, but the 1 day per week thing really worked for me. Now I don't do that any more, and the daily tracking doesn't really bother me. Not all days are perfect by any means, but my habits have changed a lot.

A few more check-ins are overdue!
    @tdrjustus3
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @Pearl4686

due today:
    @evangsimmons170
    @Micki48

I need all of these by the end of the day, so hopefully we'll be caught up in time to begin week 2.

There has been no sign of one of the new people who signed up - @Loopyluc has not posted yet this month, and she has not been on MFP at all since October 28, so I will be putting her on the drop list. This can be changed any time by just showing up! If anyone else who is running late needs an excused weigh-in or has another problem, let me know.

UH OH!
    I just typed "week 2" and remembered that our team is responsible for the Week 2 group challenge!!!! IDEAS? What would you like to challenge all of the teams to do together?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    Nov Week 1/Saturday
    PW 190.4
    CW 191.4

Not what I was hoping for I really wanted to see the 180's this week. On the positive side my scale did show a increase in Muscle weight and a decrease in body fat so even though the scale went up a pound overall my body responded the correct way, muscle up fat down.

Seeing your muscle mass go up and fat go down is BETTER than losing weight. You know muscle weighs more but takes up less room, right? That's why it is so important to take your measurements regularly (about once a month or so). Sometimes you may not see big changes in the scale, but you see it inch wise. You can log measurements in the progress section of MFP by simply changing "weight" to the body part you are measuring. I just did mine this morning. Weight hasn't changed much since last time I measured, but I did see numbers go down a little bit, especially across my back. I have noticed those little bits of hanging fat on my back are slowing disappearing. :wink: Second great thing about a higher muscle mass is that it boosts your metabolism because muscle burns more calories. I'd say you had a winning week. You have done so well in the last month. You've got this!!!! B)<3
  • micki48
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 1
    PW 195.4
    CW 196.2 boooooooo

Yesterday I did get in 11, 060 steps though. I have been smacked the last few days by the wonderful world of peri-menopause. I am not used to this. 6 months - no period then 2 times three weeks apart. I feel like my head is in a fog this morning and I have a headache, in addition to the bloated feeling that goes along with menses. Sorry if TMI. Any ladies having insight on this wonderful world of You're done....No wait....You're not!!! I'd love to hear from you.
  • micki48
    Options
    Our stepping team now has over 371,000 steps cumulatively. Yay! And that's without everyone's numbers to date. Five of our wonderful steppers have over 50,000 steps each so far, and the week is not over until midnight tonight. If you haven't posted your steps in a few days, please try to post them asap.

@evangsimmons170 To see the stepping spreadsheet go to the main F2F page. Scroll down to November spreadsheets. Click on Waistaways, then scroll all the way to the bottom to see our step members and steps. If you haven't visited the spreadsheets ever, it is interesting to see everyone's progress together. You may even be one of the team or competition winners and not know it. Check it out.
  • micki48
    Options
    UH OH!
    I just typed "week 2" and remembered that our team is responsible for the Week 2 group challenge!!!! IDEAS? What would you like to challenge all of the teams to do together?/quote]

@jugar Just sent you an email. :)
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Afternoon team...

Hope all is well...

Been hitting the spin classes and weights...getting the veggies in and staying in calorie range. Tomorrow is weigh in.

I’ve struggled this week with letting others lack of dedication really affect me. Which it shouldn’t. My journey is my journey and I’ve learned some lessons about that this week. It applies to more than weight loss. Perhaps it’s a good reminder for me. I truly believe birds of a feather flock together and I’ve had to consider what I allow in my personal space. Sigh. I’ve met some wonderfully positive dedicated people in MFP. It’s a stark contrast to some in my personal life that are all about excuses.

Whatever your goal - I’ve learned this week - some will always support you, some don’t have the capacity for it.... just keep chugging along. It’s easy to be interested in weight loss - I’ve learned it’s commitment to make it a reality.

Everyone has different priorities. I’ve had some reminders this week about what mine are. It felt a bit lonely at first ....but I’m working on reinvigoration.

• jugar
    Options
    Afternoon team...
    Hope all is well...

Been hitting the spin classes and weights...getting the veggies in and staying in calorie range. Tomorrow is weigh in.

I’ve struggled this week with letting others lack of dedication really affect me. Which it shouldn’t. My journey is my journey and I’ve learned some lessons about that this week. It applies to more than weight loss. Perhaps it’s a good reminder for me. I truly believe birds of a feather flock together and I’ve had to consider what I allow in my personal space. Sigh. I’ve met some wonderfully positive dedicated people in MFP. It’s a stark contrast to some in my personal life that are all about excuses.

Whatever your goal - I’ve learned this week - some will always support you, some don’t have the capacity for it.... just keep chugging along. It’s easy to be interested in weight loss - I’ve learned it’s commitment to make it a reality.

Everyone has different priorities. I’ve had some reminders this week about what mine are. It felt a bit lonely at first ....but I’m working on reinvigoration.
    Well said. I think many of us have spent a LOT of time dreaming about losing weight, planning to lose weight, going to start losing weight, really getting geared up for losing weight, and then not really putting in the action. It is hard to make it happen, and there is only one person who CAN make it happen. Yes, it is lonely because you are the only one. But hanging out with others who are making it happen really helps! None of us gets that commitment right every day, but I think we do a pretty good job of sticking with it and getting results, however long it takes to learn how it works for you. One of the WorkoutWarriors just hit 100 pounds lost! She has been on that team for a long time, and she is really getting it. The founder of the whole F2F challenge, @mari_moulin lost half her body weight and then some. Some people take a year to lose 10 pounds. But your thoughts are super helpful. I'm sorry there are people in your life who are stuck making excuses, but it is fabulous that you are not. You GO! :heart:
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps for Friday and Saturday
    11/8: 12,211
    11/9: 11,219
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day Friday
    PW:176
    CW:176
    Sorry, forgot to post yesterday.
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How true it is that checking in here daily really helps with accountability. @jugar It was great reading up on everyone's posts for the past 2 days. Unfortunately, not checking in led me to not make the best food choices, but Halloween candy has not won me over :-)

Here is New Jersey we have awesome Italian food that I take for granted.
    Yesterday I went to a famous little hole in the wall Italian deli to pick a sub/hero( everyone calls it differently lol) for my father in law.
    Welll... today I woke up with a craving for one.. yes you guessed it... grabbed one on my way to work... it's not horrible, but it is huge. Usually I split one with my husband. Well..I ate one half and few hours later ate the other half 🤭

After work grabbed a cream smoothie from wawa... 😡😡

But things can change around.. after reading everyones post.. currently sitting at red robin and ordered a turkey burger, no cheese wrapped in lettuce with aside of broccoli! IM BACKKK 🎉😂😉😉😁😁😁
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Week 1
    Monday
    PW:290.4
    CW: 291.0
  • eyezbydiana
    Options
    Update 😔
    Right after my last excited post...
    Husband ordered the dessert mini doughnuts... had 3 out of the 8.... not feeling so happy about that....😡😔
  • jugar
    Options
    Update 😔
    Right after my last excited post...
    Husband ordered the dessert mini doughnuts... had 3 out of the 8.... not feeling so happy about that....😡😔

Ordering mini doughnuts should be a capital crime! They don't seem to exist around here, but out where my daughter lives, they are really a THING. I don't like doughnuts much, but those are seriously good. Tell your DH he is in the dog house!!!
  • eyezbydiana
    Options
    Oh he knows he is..I was just raving about how delicious my healthy meal was.. then POW...he orders dessert..we rarely order dessert..oh well...
  • jugar
    Options
    Just 2 more weigh-ins due - don't forget, ok?
    @juliemargaretkim
    @evangsimmons170

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, my Saturday has been quite the write-off. I had to do big stocking up for winter that I'm behind on, and I hate the BIG store where things are in BIG quantities. So I thought I needed a snack. Then I just kept eating when I got home and did not do much exercise. Got my step goal of 6000, but no strength or bike. Meh. Tomorrow kick my butt, ok?
  • micki48
    Options
    After work grabbed a cream smoothie from wawa... 😡😡

@eyezbydiana I used to live in NJ for most of my life. Ohhhhhh how I miss my Wawa!!! Have a coffee for me. Oh, and a turkey hoagie too. 😉☕️
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING 8dkhbmja6osx.jpg TEAMS
    WEEK 1 TALLIES ARE IN AND HERE IS HOW IT SHOOK OUT

3dr8cbh7is5y.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Workout Warriors 0.56%
    INDIVIDUAL % Lindamtuck2018 3.48%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 26.7
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST Lindamtuck2018 7.6

AS A WHOLE WE LOST.. 51.7 POUNDS OR 0.21%!!!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Workout Warriors 0.56%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.36%
    3rd Weight No More 0.23%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Workout Warriors 26.7
    2nd Shrinking Assets 16.4
    3rd Weight No More 7.3

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Lindamtuck2018 3.48%
    2nd @kdv12 2.45%
    3rd @ConfidentRaven 2.13%