Natalie's OMAD log

Options

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Welcome and great job so far!!
    Yeah fluctuations suck to see, but as you go along, you start to see them for what they are... temporary. Just remember that you did NOT gain 4lbs of fat in that short amount of time. It's water weight and it will come back off! Keep going!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    The ladies are right, you did not gain 4 pounds of fat and a steady dose of OMAD and water will get it right off. You are doing great!
  • simplelife0124
    simplelife0124 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was pretty good! Ate dinner @ 6pm as planned, closed my window within the hour. Today I will do the same (and work on adding daily data/food photos). I might back off on the weighing everyday, though. What do you guys normally do? Weekly?
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I used to do weekly and that worked great. For some reason i have been doing daily or every other day --just depends. It is whatever works for you. In the past, for me mentally it sucked to weigh everyday, the fluctuations drove me insane.....but now I don't mind as much. Others here can respond we all are different.....I would say do whatever works for you :)

Keep it up!!!! You are doing great!!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and handle the upticks by knowing that I did not eat enough for the reflected weight to be a real fat gain. I just make sure I am doing what I need to do and the scale balances itself out.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, sometimes more than once - but mostly because I don't give a sh** about the fluctuations and I LOVE DATA lol
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    I sometimes weigh daily, sometimes every other day or longer in between. I think most of the time it helps me mentally to weigh that much b/c if I only did it once a week, it might make me more frustrated to see a fluctuation, but since I do it so frequently, I can at least prepare mentally for it and have an idea of why it's gone back up. Hope that makes sense.
    Do what you feel is right for you though. If weighing daily is too much right now, just back off a little from it.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Last time, I weighed myself every day and it makes me feel sad and depressed when the scale when up and won't move. Weighing once a week works better for me. Just find what works for you and keep at it. You can do this! :+1:
  • simplelife0124
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses!! I think I'll swap to weekly weighing for now and see how that works.

Last night had a net calorie count of 1187, total of 1382. Had a brat w/ sauerkraut on a bun, brussel sprouts with bacon and a bit of gatta bread w/ hot fig jam and goat cheese. I'm obviously NOT low carb lol! Had it all between 4-5:30, so not a perfect hour... but ate pretty slow.

I feel like the bloat is mostly gone- I'm excited to weigh Sunday!

bkvw3dwdcoge.jpg

q6kywe2j7is5.jpg

• volgirl1322
    Options
    That looks amazing......can't wait to see your results on Sunday :)
  • simplelife0124
    Options
    I'm so excited for dinner tonight! Ramen w/ braised pork belly and steamed buns. The ramen will be 600 cals, the steam buns 300 and that leaves room for a tiny piece of cheesecake... maybe even a glass of wine..... let's see how many calories cleaning loosens up for me :smiley: I love planning but then I hate the wait!
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    But the wait makes the food even better......Hopefully you can get that wine in too!!!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    That looks delicious :yum: I love ramen and braised pork with steamed buns. Do you make it yourself? Delicious! Have a wonderful feast :)
  • simplelife0124
    Options
    llyc6j2ilkza.jpg

j9vvzr12kkgw.jpg

THE GOOD: I ate everything in the hour!
    THE BAD: I ate like 1500 total! After I added everything up after weighing I was definitely up there lol. I did have that glass of wine!

Back to fasting! I'm on hour 16, shooting for 6pm dinner again! I have no idea what we're making tonight, I have to order groceries.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    That looks delicious... yum yum! :) I had my kimchi noodles too yesterday :yum:
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Holy crap that looks delicious. I'm gonna have to stop looking at yalls threads b/c... damn. lol
  • simplelife0124
    Options
    Yesterday we had chicken and waffles! Nothing crazy. Ate my meal between 4-6, not a tight window. I feel like when I'm cooking I have a longer window because I pick at what I'm making.... that's a habit to kick lol!
  • simplelife0124
    Options
    Tonight I have a pot roast going! I have the kid home sick so I literally just threw whatever frozen veg I had in the crock pot with the meal. Pray for me lol

TOMORROW I'm allowing a cheat day... it's our annual mac and cheese cook off! This year I'm making a mac and cheese burrito with fresh cooked carnitas as the meat.... so basically the mac and cheese replaces the rice.... omg..... you can see how I gained weight LOL
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    LMFAO that sounds awesome! ANd how fun that you have a mac and cheese contest! I need to find my way THERE!!! LOL

You're doing great! A cheat day now and again refreshes the spirit <3