~The Fireplace~

Options
starjam25
starjam25 Posts: 4,684 Member
edited November 2019 in Social Groups
d4nyewppk3p9.jpg

Cozy up by the fire and chat with your fellow housemates!

Replies

• bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Hello all Snakes new and not new!

My name is Kathy and I'm one of your prefects. I've been in this challenge for quite a few terms and have always been in Slytherin. We are a fun house so please enjoy your stay. I've been struggling with my weight since childhood and at one point I was down 60lbs and have gained it all back plus extra. Things have been really stressful since about last June and this challenge helps with keeping things in the front of my mind.

I have a black fur-baby named Hunter and a cutie of a nephew named Matthew. I'm into anime, conventions and cosplaying. I'm currently planning to go to a holiday themed con next month and I'm super excited about it! I will try to make sure to post pics when the time comes. We will be in week 4 when I go.
  • starjam25
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Joni, but everyone just calls me Star. I'm the other prefect. I've been in Hogwarts for lots and lots of years, and I totally enjoy it. It gets me to do things I would never ever do on my own..... I don't think I would have ever done a burpee without this challenge! Been a Slytherin Prefect for many of those "lots and lots"!

I live in California, so I'm on Pacific Time Zone, and sometimes that makes a difference when you need a response from a prefect. @bdbchick is in Florida, so she's on an earlier time zone. So keep those in mind when the time comes.

I'll be celebrating my 43rd wedding anniversary next week, with 2 wonderful grown kids and 4 grandkids that keep me happy and moving!

Hope everyone has a great term, and if you have any questions, just ask. The Holiday term is the best and I'm looking forward to spending it with you all!
  • lasmagic
    lasmagic Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I'm Lois and I think I have been here since term 16. I took a couple off, but I love this challenge to keep me up and moving. I live in Florida with my hubby and daughter and my 5 furbabies, 2 dogs, 3 cats. I gained a lot of weight when I became hypothyroid and I have been trying to get the weight off ever since.

I'm in Slytherin most of the time but every now and then I will sneak over to Gryffindor to see what they are up to.

I'm excited to be back and ready to get going again.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,199 Member
    Options
    HELLO AGAIN!!

I'm Janice. I live in Edmonton,Alberta,Canada. I work for Hallmark - and work is CRAZY right now. 50 years old - Married with 4 kids - all still living at home!!! I have 2 dogs, 3 cats and a rabbit!

I've been having a tough time sleeping as of late and am up in weight because of it. So that is what I will really be cracking down on this Term!
  • SarahAnaruk
    SarahAnaruk Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Hello!!
    Happy to be back in Slytherin this term!! ☺️
    I think the last Holiday at Hogwarts was when I first joined, took a term off due to summer craziness. I'm from Minnesota and we are experiencing some very cold weather already this year so I'm hoping not too many outdoor challenges! Lol. We've already got snow that's sticking so it looks like this will be a long winter. I am a stay-at-home (homeschooling) mom of four young kiddos, married for 12 years, and we have a hobby farm but not too many animals right now. We currently have four dogs (2 are my mom's), 2 cats, and a bunch of chickens. Looking forward to being active again and I really thrive on assignment based exercise so happy to be back at it!
  • stinabean83
    stinabean83 Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I'm Kristina and have been in Hogwarts for a few terms now, although this is my first in Slytherin! (Have been a Gryff up until now, though I promise I'm not a spy hehe)
    I love these challenges to keep me motivated and try new fun fitness activities; I find it keeps me more interested and engaged in my health, as I have quite a bit of weight to lose to get to my ideal happy weight.
    My hubby and I live in Cochrane Alberta with our 14yr old PROUD Slytherin daughter and 2.5yr old darling baby boy. We want to get and stay healthy to be good role models for our kids and to keep up with them!
    Let's do this!!
  • frazz007
    frazz007 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Slytherin, I am glad to be back at Hogwarts. I spent the summer and fall terms in Hufflepuff but have just transferred here. What a beautiful green tree to greet us as we settle in by the Fireplace.

I'm Fran and live in sunny, sunny southern California. This is a really nice time of year with cooler mornings and warm afternoons. I am 63 and just retired from the University. I was a research tech and lab manager for a group that studies plant insect interactions. I put on a boatload of weight across the last year of my job and then the first six months of retirement.
    I lose weight very consistently during the term and then put on a little between terms.

I have been with my spouse for about 44 years. He is very amused by my running commentary about my activities for Hogwarts. No kids but a charming cocker spaniel. I also have a variety of family with kids living around this area. I love books, gardens, yoga and of course, Hogwarts.

So glad to be here and to get started with the term.
  • bdbchick
    Options
    Make sure to check out the castle ;)
  • chdspdmom
    chdspdmom Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my 3rd term in Hogwarts and I have been very lucky to get in the best house ever all three times - Slytherin obviously >:) I'm a proud mum of 2 amazing kiddos, we live in the land of the leprechaun - Ireland, where rains 268 days per year :s

I have returned to education recently to study nursing at evening classes and at the moment its very much projects, reports and reading so there is not much time to exercise. I'm an emotional eater and it would be beneficial if there would be a spell to seal all cupboards and fridge for me to not be able to access them with my emotional cravings, but as it is now just learning self control.

I have all Cassandra Clare books in the bookshelf that has been read multiple times. I play my kids xbox one when they go to sleep and thunderstorm sounds help me reach complete zen.

Good luck to all on this term! I hope we all can reach our goals or come closer to reaching them before Christmas!
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - it’s great to be back for the holidays. I’m Rita, married for 47 years and have been blessed with 3 lovely grand daughters. Still working part time for our local council authority but still try to make time to fit in some exercise throughout the week. Fighting with losing 14 pounds - I am a typical yo-yo but still persevering to be successful.

Let’s do this, sssssssnakesssss!
  • aFit50
    aFit50 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Greetings all ~ I'm Reshii. A 50+ native New Yorker, widow, mom and grandma (one son and grandson) ~ corporate legal professional, entrepreneur and wanna be black women's health advocate.

This will be my 3rd house and 3rd attempt to ace Hogwarts! (Apologies former teamies!!) My life was absolutely insane during my two failed earlier attempts, (and as much as I enjoyed Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff), hoping Sssslytherin is my true home. Discovered a "find your two houses quiz" and both times I was either a Slytherdor or Slythercraw, so think the hat got it right this time, lol (https://www.magiquiz.com/quiz/everyone-combination-two-hogwarts-houses/)

Anywho ~ lost more than 70lbs earlier this year and then fell completely off the wagon. Now after gaining and losing the same 10-20lbs (THREE TIMES!!!) I'm ready to STOP ALL THAT BULLCRAP and refocus on my future svelte self.

Love learning, music, books, philosophy, herbology, the beach, bikinis, salsa and stilettos.
  • bdbchick
    edited November 2019
    Options
    aFit50 wrote: »
    Greetings all ~ I'm Reshii. A 50+ native New Yorker, widow, mom and grandma (one son and grandson) ~ corporate legal professional, entrepreneur and wanna be black women's health advocate.

This will be my 3rd house and 3rd attempt to ace Hogwarts! (Apologies former teamies!!) My life was absolutely insane during my two failed earlier attempts, (and as much as I enjoyed Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff), hoping Sssslytherin is my true home. Discovered a "find your two houses quiz" and both times I was either a Slytherdor or Slythercraw, so think the hat got it right this time, lol (https://www.magiquiz.com/quiz/everyone-combination-two-hogwarts-houses/)

Anywho ~ lost more than 70lbs earlier this year and then fell completely off the wagon. Now after gaining and losing the same 10-20lbs (THREE TIMES!!!) I'm ready to STOP ALL THAT BULLCRAP and refocus on my future svelte self.

Love learning, music, books, philosophy, herbology, the beach, bikinis, salsa and stilettos.

Welcome to Slytherin! I've had similar problems but let's do this sssstuff together!!! Heckem's I crashed the wagon and bought fast food with the insurance money! We're all in this together!!
    **Also please try to not think of the past 2 terms as a failure but as a learning experience. We are all living beings here and losing weight and maintaining is one of the hardest things ever! Especially to those whose booty shakes for a week after having a milkshake!

P.S I stole that last line from "Big Daddy" but I feel it's a mood lol

<3<3

Also which books and music are you into?
  • bdbchick
    Options
    Also I'm a bit of a reader myself.

My favorite book series is called the Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward and she has a spin off series that also ties into the main series and if you skip it you will be confused. She also has another series called the Fallen Angle series. I have 2 BDB tattoos and I love it. Here is the recommend reading list ( as a reader I can conform that it is correct, but of course it does show the reading order at the beginning of the books just in case)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Hugs to all!

7r5as5cpvh65.gif
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,092 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I think this is my 9-th term in Hogwarts. I was in Hufflepuff last term and now that I've visited all the other Houses I'm glad to be back home ;)
    I love this challenge and it helped me lose about 40 lbs over the past 2 years and stay pretty close to my goal weight. I was trying to maintain during last term, but due to some health issues I fell off the wagon and gained a little wight. So I'm here to lose it again. It will be harder for me this time, because I can't be as active as I was before. I suck at restricting my calorie intake, and though I try to eat healthy I mostly lose weight by sports. So my plan is to lose 1-2 lbs this month and maintain during holidays. I've had several holidays and vacations now that I managed to maintain my weight and for me it was a huge success, because I get too tempted...
  • bdbchick
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Hugs to all!

7r5as5cpvh65.gif

That is one of the most pure and precious gif I've seen in a hot minute.
  • tmeadows_08
    tmeadows_08 Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    bdbchick wrote: »

My favorite book series is called the Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward and she has a spin off series that also ties into the main series and if you skip it you will be confused. She also has another series called the Fallen Angle series. I have 2 BDB tattoos and I love it. Here is the recommend reading list ( as a reader I can conform that it is correct, but of course it does show the reading order at the beginning of the books just in case)

I LOVE that series!!! It's definitely one of my favorites!!
  • bdbchick
    Options
    bdbchick wrote: »

I LOVE that series!!! It's definitely one of my favorites!!

OMG that's amazing!!! I need to read Blood Truth! Are you all caught up??

• bdbchick
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Fun fact about me. I am a cosplayer. There is an anime con I plan on going to next month and I finally finished my huge tutu today. Below are some pics of the finished tutu
    jylkveygj4ei.jpg
    adk6zrg3i7cj.jpg
    vybaul2xonmc.jpg

7 1/2 hours and about 145 yards of tulle later..

so worth it.
  • starjam25
    Options
    @bdbchick those pictures are amazing!! I can't believe you used 145 yards of tulle but it looks so amazing!!