~The Fireplace~

Options

Replies

• starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,684 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited.... tomorrow morning I get to go see my granddaughter in her little school skit. She's been practicing for weeks and is so excited, she hasn't been about to stop talking about it. They are studying California history and it's a skit about the gold rush!
  • SarahAnaruk
    SarahAnaruk Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Star that sounds so fun!! I love watching my kids do their programs and how excited they are beforehand!! Their enthusiasm is contagious!

@bdbchick super awesome cosplay outfit!! I love to read I will have to check out that series!! I love books that draw you in and make you feel like you're family. I'm always sad when they end though. I just finished The Faithful Spy by John Hendrix and that was absolutely fascinating and really neat. The art in it was really good too. I'm also reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. So far so good. If anyone has kids I highly recommend the Vanderbeeker's of 141st Street by Karina Yan Glaser. We have been doing the series as our read aloud and it's super cute!

I'm excited because my sister is coming in from Colorado (to Minnesota) to go to her class reunion tomorrow so we will get to see her for a little bit.
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    @bdbchick those pictures are amazing!! I can't believe you used 145 yards of tulle but it looks so amazing!!

Thank you! I can't believe I used that amount either! I made this tutu a bit differently than I have done the others in the past.
  • rheaj1991
    rheaj1991 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

First term in Slytherin and first time completing the challenge from beginning to end (got to speak it into existence ya know ;) ). I'm Rhea, 28 years old and am on the East Coast of US.

I'm training for my first martial arts tournament next year lol. Mainly for the training regimen. I've been on a rollercoaster with my weight. Gained 40lbs in grad school and have been gaining and losing the same 5-6 lbs ever since. Hoping to change that this time. I'm so excited for this term and together we will kick butt!

Love meeting you all!
  • bdbchick
    edited November 2019
    Options
    What's everyone's plans for the weekend?? I'm going to the Medieval Fair!

• Dawnshealth111
    Dawnshealth111 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    My weekend plans are working, going for a walk, soaking in the hot tub and buying gifts for the residents.
  • rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    The whole family is sick so we're just taking it easy this weekend.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,199 Member
    Options
    This is definitely a good week to be starting. I am so overwhelmed at work. I'm having a huge so called 'FRIEND' problem. Not sleeping - know idea what's going on anymore.

But I'm trying to stay on track and in control of what I can control...
  • tmeadows_08
    tmeadows_08 Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    bdbchick wrote: »
    bdbchick wrote: »
    Also I'm a bit of a reader myself.

My favorite book series is called the Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward and she has a spin off series that also ties into the main series and if you skip it you will be confused. She also has another series called the Fallen Angle series. I have 2 BDB tattoos and I love it. Here is the recommend reading list ( as a reader I can conform that it is correct, but of course it does show the reading order at the beginning of the books just in case)

I LOVE that series!!! It's definitely one of my favorites!!

OMG that's amazing!!! I need to read Blood Truth! Are you all caught up??

Sorry! I don’t get on here on the weekends much. I think the last one I read was The Shadows, I need to reread and catch up. I’m working my way through a list of series right now, I’m rereading some and reading some for the first time. I’m trying to read a classic book in between series, but sometimes I get so caught up in my fantasy worlds, I have a hard time getting into a classic. But BDB is on the list so I know I’ll read the new ones soon! I just finished Warriors of Poseidon and am going to start The Dark Carpathian series next. I read Little Women, well listened to the audio book, recently and I LOVED it!

Also, Big Daddy is one of my favorite movies! Love it!
  • bdbchick
    Options
    I legit cried during the Shadows especially the last 2 chapters.
  • SarahAnaruk
    SarahAnaruk Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I love the start of a new week! And a new challenge!!
  • bdbchick
    Options
    I love the start of a new week! And a new challenge!!

Love the picture!
  • starjam25
    Options
    rbratt06 wrote: »
    Off to a strong start. Walked two miles in Christmas colors, answered DADA correctly, drank 8 cups of water, and stayed under my calories today. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the momentum up!

@rbratt06 look at you go!! What a fantastic way to start the term, I know you can keep it up!!
  • starjam25
    Options
    @bdbchick LOVE IT! So I guess when you say you're going out with your beastie that what you mean!
  • starjam25
    Options
    This is definitely a good week to be starting. I am so overwhelmed at work. I'm having a huge so called 'FRIEND' problem. Not sleeping - know idea what's going on anymore.

But I'm trying to stay on track and in control of what I can control...

@fourathomej I completely know what you mean about your friend comment. I'm going the same thing. She lives with her adult son and brother and they both are making her life miserable and she's turning to me for help. I'm really happy I'm here to help her but it's time consuming and emotional draining. I've been doing lots of walks to help me!

Hang in there, keep strong and keep moving! and vent here anytime you want! What happens in the common room, stays in the common room!!
  • starjam25
    Options
    rheaj1991 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

First term in Slytherin and first time completing the challenge from beginning to end (got to speak it into existence ya know ;) ). I'm Rhea, 28 years old and am on the East Coast of US.

I'm training for my first martial arts tournament next year lol. Mainly for the training regimen. I've been on a rollercoaster with my weight. Gained 40lbs in grad school and have been gaining and losing the same 5-6 lbs ever since. Hoping to change that this time. I'm so excited for this term and together we will kick butt!

Love meeting you all!

@rheaj1991 welcome to Slytherin, hope your first week has been great??

Rollercoaster weight can be a good learning tool, just log what you eat and do and see what works and what doesn't. You can do it, and remember, little steps work really good!
  • bdbchick
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    @bdbchick LOVE IT! So I guess when you say you're going out with your beastie that what you mean!

The medieval fair is a once a year type thing. Normally when we hang out I just go over to her house and spend the night. We stayed at a hotel this time. It was her, her kid, her boyfriend, mom and myself this year. It was nice weather this past weekend.
  • bdbchick
    Options
    ***Just a note: Make sure to read the assignments carefully.***