Southbeach

Options
dulcitonia
dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
Low carber for years .. trying to get my husband to eat better. I also have children so I thought I’d start doing south beach type meals for the whole family (I usually sub the carbs for something else like zucchini instead of pasta)

I picked up some stuff on it and ...
assimilation just like the borg .
Can they even call it the same anymore? :(.

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I went to the website and it seems like now they ship you food? I did see they were bought by Nutrisystem several years ago so I guess that's what's going on.

I would just find and old copy of the book or a website detailing the original plan and follow that. Though the one change from the 2003 book I liked was adding full fat dairy in place of low fat or skim! Honestly I think the original plan was pretty reasonable especially for people who didn't want to be extreme keto or Atkins.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Agreed on dairy... I don’t know what they do to it between low fat and no fat but my taste buds suspect it’s school glue 😂
  • FrecklePatch
    FrecklePatch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    dulcitonia wrote: »
    Agreed on dairy... I don’t know what they do to it between low fat and no fat but my taste buds suspect it’s school glue 😂

Right?? Same with mayo. :s
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Agree on full fat dairy. Skim milk is basically sugar water that doesn't fill you up, IMHO. I'm a half & half junkie. I put it on everything.