December 29 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    27th, 28th, 29th

Yes X all 3
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,629 Member
    Options
    12/29
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 2 hours strength training.
    DId I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    12/29
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 27 minutes warm-up/aerobics/stretches
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Exercise:Y 4 hrs cleaning around the house and barn
    Calories: Y 1770/1800
    Tracked: Y

I am working New Year’s Day so having to get out of bed at 0345 pretty much means an early bedtime...no festivities for this guy.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes 30 minute walk along a river plus a visit to a museum. About 7k steps today.

Within my calorie goal? Just barely!

Tracked everything? Indubitably!

As a child, my siblings and I developed our own New Year's Eve traditions. We always built a jigsaw puzzle, ate pot pies, watched what was on TV (usually "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"), and often played games or raced slot cars. At Midnight, we would go outside to make lots of noise. There was also something to do with bringing in a new lump of coal (good luck?).

We continued most of these traditions (minus lots of noise and the lump of coal -- plus, of course, in the modern world, we get to choose what's on the TV), with our own child. Said child, now grown, considers this celebration the greatest and comes with their spouse every year to our house. Hopefully, their spouse doesn't resent it!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    bxe3rjscbs18.jpg

I saw this online and thought of Craig and all of us who are parents. You might think, but how's this related to the UAC. For me it is, I put my needs last after my family. I can be rushing around getting them to swimming, ballet, etc lessons, out for fresh air, fed healthily etc but then not get round to this for myself which is a catch 22 as ultimately they benefit from me being at my fittest and healthiest too so working this out for 2020 is a top priority for me!

@am_change. Thank you. At times it does really feel like this.

The thing that is often forgotten is that you need to take some time to take care of you so you have capacity to give. This is continually being raised to me and my wife by health professionals dealing with my daughter. It's known as carers fatigue which can lead to caregiver burnout.

Fortunately this morning my leg is feeling much better. After yesterdays rest then walk, I can now lift it from a seated position without having to manhandle it. Good thing about being mostly physically healthy is that I heal most physical injuries to a usable stage pretty quickly.

(I also have a very high pain tolerance and can easily "forget" I am injured making it easy to re-injure something damaged).

For me, one of my top priorities for 2020 is taking care of me (and my wife). I will be seeking professional assistance for my own bouts of depression.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    I saw a news article about the Sydney New Year's fireworks and how lots of people are calling for them to be cancelled due to the ongoing fires. Hope you're safe where you are.

I hope they don't. People need diversions and some time away from everything else going on.

Safe form fire where I am at the moment, but the forecast for this summer is not good and I do live next to a forest. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Rose & I expect to reach our condo in Phoenix by January 1. New Year’s Eve is known for its celebratory dining and dancing. For many years, Rose & I have not greeted the new year while partying. As usual, we will probably already be asleep when the fireworks are launched into the skies.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Today’s and yesterday’s reports:
    Both yesterday and today were UAC successes.
    Exercise more than 20 minutes: yes
    Calories consumed less than preset limit: yes
    Tracking: good
    Qualified for December Winner’s’ Circle: not even close!