MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    I don't have any good tips for Tuesday, but maybe "Don't give up!". I'm nervous for weigh in tomorrow after the holiday, but I will keep on going on as always!

That was almost my tip and I think it's the key to all the other tips. If we give up then no tip or amount of advice or encouragement is going to work. I've been trying to get to my goal weight for over 30 years, and yes I've stopped way more times than I obviously should have, but I have NEVER given up completely. And I NEVER will!!! :)

@Navydaddjtc, super excited about the new direction you are taking our group!! I have done Leslie's videos in the past and have forgotten how fun she can be. I just might need to get to stepping with her from time to time. ;)
  • hinemoa2088
    hinemoa2088 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020, Thanks for asking about my profile picture. That's Ollie, and she is a shepherd/chow mix. I also have a retriever/spaniel mix named Ed. They get so excited to go for a walk after I get home from work, and that is one of the ways I get extra steps in everyday. I see you have a cute pup in your picture - who is that? :)
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @TeresaW1020, Thanks for asking about my profile picture. That's Ollie, and she is a shepherd/chow mix. I also have a retriever/spaniel mix named Ed. They get so excited to go for a walk after I get home from work, and that is one of the ways I get extra steps in everyday. I see you have a cute pup in your picture - who is that? :)

What great names!! My girl is Maggie Mae and she is a 3-year-old Cavapoo who truly rules our house. :) Here is another pic of her.

jrlo7726lkci.jpg
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check-in:
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: walking weights rowing
    Steps 12849
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    12/4
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197.2
    Todays Weight:197.4

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Slightly Under
    Macros: good
    Steps : 4196
    Exercise: -

5 for 90:
    Meet step goal
    Stay hydrated
    Make self care a priority
    Meditate and or journal daily
    Encourage someone
  • mrmcgrath
    Options
    Good Morning (Afternoon....Evening)

I hope you are all well and doing fantastic!

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    3cu09fl69i1k.png

I have Beachbody on Demand and workout out in my home. When I first started about three months ago I had done a program called 21-Day Fix. I loved it but I couldn't do 21 days in a row. Yesterday, I started the program again and this time I'm going to do the full 21-days even if it kills me!! :D What I've learned is that I LOVE using weights! <3
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    etfu9tl0gj4j.png

Today's workouts are resistance training (done this morning - I too love weights!) and a 75-minute martial arts class!

Two years ago, I was having trouble walking. Now I can do things in martial arts like jump in the air (not possible two years ago) and come down in a scissors stance (not even on the radar of possibility two years ago). Such fun!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @hinemoa2088 and @TeresaW1020 - You guys have seriously cute pups! 😍

@mrmcgrath - So you basically stayed steady the week of Thanksgiving -- great work!
    Oh, and I love the Eleanor Roosevelt quotation!

@digger61 - Another great day from you, especially all those steps! 👍🏽

@leonadixon - I love your tip! "Don't give up " is a great mantra. And I think it might be especially helpful for weigh-ins right after holidays! 👣👣👣
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Check-in
    Tuesday
    Calories: on target; all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (50 min)
    Steps (target 7500): over

Daily Goals - Tuesday
    A while back some of us chose "5 little things to do EVERY DAY through the end of the year" so as to finish the year strong!
    1. Meditate ✔️
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day ✔️
    3. Hydrate ✔️
    4. Martial Arts Practice ✔️
    5. Thankful ✔️ for my wonderful family, especially my husband.

Wednesday/Today - Goals and Improvements!
    - Stick with my food plan, measure and log everything, stay at/under calories
    - Martial arts class
    - Get in steps (7500+)
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    I don't have any good tips for Tuesday, but maybe "Don't give up!". I'm nervous for weigh in tomorrow after the holiday, but I will keep on going on as always!

That was almost my tip and I think it's the key to all the other tips. If we give up then no tip or amount of advice or encouragement is going to work. I've been trying to get to my goal weight for over 30 years, and yes I've stopped way more times than I obviously should have, but I have NEVER given up completely. And I NEVER will!!! :)

@Navydaddjtc, super excited about the new direction you are taking our group!! I have done Leslie's videos in the past and have forgotten how fun she can be. I just might need to get to stepping with her from time to time. ;)

Words of wisdom from our fabulous captain TeresaW!

I love Leslie Sansone's videos, too! Walking has been super helpful for me. Any speed --- super fast is not required!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    Check-in
    Wednesday
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise walking
    Steps 12645
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In

Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 235
    Current - 233
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,594 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Teresa, thank you for replying to my depressed post, it means a lot to me. I regrouped and am in a better headspace.

Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike, elliptical, weights
    Water- over

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- went today
    2. Exercise- done
    3. Social media- not the best
    4. Decluttering- weakest area this week but I want to get my grow table up and running again and it needs to be cleaned off.
    5. Trigger foods- ok, stopped eating all my apples craving something sweet and did great yesterday with eating and workout. Went to leave for gym and mailman was here with a gift package of cookies! I ate a couple, got my act together, and went to the gym. I'd feel awful throwing them away so I put them in the freezer. If I can't moderate them they're out of here!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    a8a84ollxssq.png

There have been tons of studies on why drinking water is so important for us. Some people may disagree with the amount of water we need in a day but everyone will agree that the body needs fresh, clean water in order to function at it's best. I try to drink a gallon a day and I start that out by drinking 16 oz. first thing in the morning. It's very easy to down an 8 oz. glass of water. I keep a glass in the bathroom and near my kitchen sink and will drink throughout the day. I also have a huge cup I carry around with me. I really like plain water but I also LOVE sparkling water and buy a ton of seltzer water. I also use those True Lemon packets or just a squeeze of lemon or lime in my water when I want a flavor. Another tip is that I don't buy any sodas or juices for my house. I might have a Diet Coke when I go out to eat but that is it.

Are you drinking your water? :)
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Username Kayla7303
    Previous 208.2
    Current 208
  • mrmcgrath
    edited December 2019
    Options
    12/5
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197.2
    Todays Weight:196.8

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Macros: good
    Steps : 7738
    Exercise: - Stationary bike 30 min

5 for 90:
    Meet step goal
    Stay hydrated
    Make self care a priority
    Meditate and or journal daily
    Encourage someone
  • mrmcgrath
    Options
    a8a84ollxssq.png.

Are you drinking your water? :)

I certainly try to get at the minimum 64 oz. lately I have been falling just shy of that mark. I need to step it up. I like your suggestion of drinking 16 oz first thing. I should start haveing a glass before my morning coffee!
  • robynleegetsfit
    robynleegetsfit Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    RLS
    Check-in: Wednesday 5/12
    Calories: over/under? Over
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Macros: not good
    Steps: didn't track
    Exercise: didn't work out

For tomorrow/today:
    Do Go Cardio Day 1