MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @Navydaddjtc thanks so much for all your posts and support. You bring such a positive spirit and energy to the group. Just wanted to say thanks so much. :)

Name its cleo
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Week 1
    Last weight 156.4
    Current weight 155.4

STEPS nov 30 -- 17422

My gym challenge is over. I made it in 26 days out of 30. So that is a pretty good accomplishment for me. I'm trying to keep it up even now that the challenge is over.

Under cals all week too, I'm more happy about that the scale, bc it's the habits that are hardest to change.

Today is snowing and freezing rain, but I'm bound and determined to stick to my plan of outdoor cardio. On tap today is the stairsx3 and hillx4 with 4 30 second sprints on the hill.
    If it really seems slippery and like my shoes can;t; cope I will pack it in. But if I succeed then I may buy some new outdoor workout gear :)

Then I will go to the gym and do some core work.

hey to all the newcomers. I'm cleo, I'm Canadian, I wish I posted here more than I did but it's a fun group to be part of!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Week 1 Challenge: Sharing is Caring
    Please post in your groups and pop over to the challenge thread and post there as well so we can all get to know each other better!!

Week One: Sharing Is Caring

x4g99172oaav.png

SHARING SUNDAY
    I joined Fat 2 Fit because I love the idea of challenges and working together as a group toward our goals. Being involved with my team Mission Slimpossibles has been so much fun and so motivating. I love how my team truly cares about each other and does their best to always be so supportive. :)

• TeresaW1020
    NOVEMBER STEP CHALLENGE WINNER!!
    We had a great month with our November step challenge but only one person recorded all their steps. Our November step challenge winner is @hinemoa2088 with an amazing step count of 372,325!!! Congratulations!! B)

As a group, the recorded step count was 2,148,577. That is incredible!!

Taking a break!
    We will be taking a break in December from our step challenge. Remember to do the weekly challenges which are fun and a great way to keep us mindful of our goals. :)

qdqfg5p44v2v.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited December 2019
    Please post in your groups and pop over to the challenge thread and post there as well so we can all get to know each other better!!

x4g99172oaav.png

SHARING SUNDAY
    I joined Fat 2 Fit because I love the idea of challenges and working together as a group toward our goals. Being involved with my team Mission Slimpossibles has been so much fun and so motivating. I love how my team truly cares about each other and does their best to always be so supportive. :)

SHARING SUNDAY

I joined Fat 2 Fit because it looked like a great way to be in a conversation with other people who were determined to improve their health. It looked so fun and motivating. I came across a mention of the group mid-month and waited for several weeks for the chance to join.

I love love LOVE how supportive everyone is. It's a motivating conversation. I especially love how much people care and are good at helping each other see the big picture. Anytime you go south for a bit, people are right here ready to commiserate and then to cheer you on as you get back in the game.

I also really love the structure -- the weekly weigh-in, the optional (but super helpful) check-ins during the week, and the various challenges!
  • Milica986
    Milica986 Posts: 70 Member
    Username: Milica986
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 154.3lb
    Todays Weight: 153.7lb
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,742 Member
    Saturday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Under
    Steps : 10006
    Exercise: -walking cleaning
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited December 2019
    Introduction
    Howdy! I'm Austin! I joined the group about a year ago, part way through my journey, and find this group to be super helpful and supportive. I have lost 140 pounds since I started work on losing weight (January 2018), and have reached (!) my initial goal. I am now working on to build muscle and fitness. I study martial arts and love walks, especially outdoor walks, so you'll hopefully see those activities on my check-ins. I love to read up on things, and have studied nutritional science* and habit building** as I have worked on losing weight and getting healthier. Every body and every person is different, and I have enjoyed learning more and engaging in the kind of science experiment of figuring out what works for me. Making it happen has been and is still all about developing new habits for me, so every so often I burble about habit building!

* If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-based site nutritionfacts.org as a great place to start.
    ** If interested, check out the work of James Clear. He has a book called Atomic Habits. This video on How to Get 1% Better Every Day has been particularly useful to me. He kicks it off this way: "So if you were able to improve by 1% each day for an entire year... you would end up 37 times better at the end of the year. And if you were to get 1% worse, you would whittle yourself down almost to zero."

Check-in
    Saturday
    Calories: on target; all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: outdoor walk (52 min); platform stepping (90 min); martial arts (15 min)

Daily Goals - Saturday
    A while back some of us chose "5 little things to do EVERY DAY through the end of the year" so as to finish the year strong!
    1. Meditate ✔️
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day ✔️
    3. Hydrate ✔️
    4. Martial Arts Practice ✔️
    5. Thankful ✔️ Yes! For my body's ability to heal and recover!

Sunday/Today - Goals and Improvements!
    - Stick with my food plan, measure and log everything, stay at/under calories
    - Get in an exercise session no matter what (hopefully an outdoor walk)
    - Martial arts practice
    - Get in steps (7500+)
    - Food planning and some prep for the week
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Cals under today.

Survived snow and freezing rain and did the stairs 100x4 and hillx4 with a few jogging stints on the way up. I felt like a rock star when I finished.

My goal for the week is to do some stretching and mobility work with my calves every day bc they take quite a beating doing stairs and running uphill.

• TeresaW1020
    Sunday Check-in:
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 30 minute BOD program and some housework

So, I've decided to not continue with my current BOD workout that I'm doing. I just don't connect with the trainer who is doing it so I'm going back to 21-Day Fix and the trainer I love. Working out has to be enjoyable for me or I'm just not going to want to do it. ;)
  • AustinRuadhain
    its_cleo wrote: »
    Cals under today.

Survived snow and freezing rain and did the stairs 100x4 and hillx4 with a few jogging stints on the way up. I felt like a rock star when I finished.

My goal for the week is to do some stretching and mobility work with my calves every day bc they take quite a beating doing stairs and running uphill.

Hey, @its_cleo - Holy smokes! You ARE a rock star! What an inspiring check-in!
    krx9sl5p0iue.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    @Navydaddjtc , @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020 - Thank you very much for all you put into having Fat2Fit and the Mission Slimpossibles group go!

@wwood008 , @kayla7303 and @robynleegetsfit - Welcome to the group! We are so glad you are here!

@TeresaW1020 - "Working out has to be enjoyable for me or I'm just not going to want to do it." Such a smart choice!
    On a separate note - I love this week's challenge. Thank you!

@digger61 - What a great day you had on Saturday!

@Milica986 - Welcome to the group! And great weigh-in! What a great way to start your month!

@apple852hk - Congratulations on the awesome weigh-in! It sounds like you made some great food changes that are paying off!

@mrmcgrath and @TeresaW1020 - I too am a fan of the Great British Bake off! I love the craft (I have been baking since I was a kid) and I love the people. And, yes, even though I no longer eat sweets, I did MAKE a couple of things for the Thanksgiving crowd that descended on our house (an apple pie with a stenciled crust, a gluten-free pumpkin pie with a spiced crust and a praline layer below the custard, and a lemon meringue pie).
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Totally slacked and didn't post my steps for yesterday - 10440

Not too shabby to wrap up November. Bravo to all of the steps we took, that's an amazing number!!!

Goals this week are to keep moving even though it's my short week at work: I always have lower steps counts when I'm not at work. I want to work out at the gym at least 3xs but aiming for 4.

Sharing Sunday

This is the first year in several where I've lost weight and kept it off. I'm hoping to hit 25lbs down before the new year. It's doable since I'm just a couple pounds from it. I give a ton of credit to this group bc it makes me be accountable to someone, and in this case, my team.
  • hinemoa2088
    hinemoa2088 Posts: 60 Member
    Welcome to the group. 🙂 My name is Christine. I'm 48 years old and from the Pacific Northwest. I joined this group in September. I am not very good about posting, but I do enjoy reading everyone's updates and suggestions. It's been really helpful.
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Hello everyone...

So, I just joined WW, which means my weigh in day will need to change again (sorry) as I'm doing Saturdays now.

My weigt also went up to 159lbs - which is in jeans weight. So it hasn't really changed but that's the new 'start' weight.

So far so good. It's different. I've been sorted into Ravenclaw (Blue), though I'm actually a Hufflepuff, but there's no yellow.
    So my little happy symbols will be :) for within points. Which I am!

Friday steps 14333 :) , Sat 13988 :) , Sun 2289 :(
    Hydration Fri :) Sat :( Sun :( - and I am feeling it.
    Direct correlation between drinking enough and being able to roll over in bed!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited December 2019

MOTIVATION MONDAY
    One of my favorite motivational quotes is from James Clear. He has a book called Atomic Habits.His video on How to Get 1% Better Every Day has been particularly useful and inspiring to me. He kicks it off this way: "So if you were able to improve by 1% each day for an entire year... you would end up 37 times better at the end of the year. And if you were to get 1% worse, you would whittle yourself down almost to zero." So all I need to do is focus on getting just a little bit better, day by day.
    a5ikcqjomcgy.jpg

Here are two more images I find inspiring!
    c3u74ahpb8qv.jpg0p2xgy1twkqd.jpg

• TeresaW1020
    x18taz06an1u.png

Happy Monday!! I can't wait to see what motivates you all! I just want to say thank you for being such an awesome team! We are all here in the hopes of reaching our goals or maintaining the goals we have achieved. I so appreciate you all and the way you jump in to give encouragement to each other. Let's make December our best month ever!! <3

sxrye47pkykh.jpg
  • wwood008
    wwood008 Posts: 31 Member
    Hey everyone!
    My name is Whittany and I just started this group. Around this time last year I had lost 20 pounds and had planned on making it into the new year and losing another 20. Stress and life happened and I ended up gaining most of it back so now I’m at it again, hoping to make lasting changes this time. I joined this group because I wanted and needed some accountability and motivation.
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    nbbaby
    Dec Week 1
    Monday
    PW: 217.7
    CW: 218.1

December's goal is to finish healing from this lung infection (If that's what it is).
    I've got 4 more days on these pills, then hopefully my weight will stop yo-yoing.
    Get back to moving instead of being in bed day and night.
    I NEED to be more accurate with inputting my daily calories into MFP.
    So here's to a brand new month.
    Good luck everyone!!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    @nbbaby - You have just been dealing with so much! Hang in there! 👐 It sounds like you will be focusing on tracking those daily calories ⚖️, which should be super helpful! Keep up that measuring, and rest up and take care of yourself! 👍🏽

@wwood008 - Hi Whittany! Welcome to the Slimpossibles team! We are delighted you have joined us! We hope this helps you meet your fitness goals! 😊😊

@TeresaW1020 - I love your Motivation Monday image! Thanks for the inspiration! 🙏🏽 🔥
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    I was off of work all week last week, which for me, included no computer! Yay!

My reason for joining F2F is that I was looking for motivation and accountability that I do not find in my everyday real life. I love this group!
This discussion has been closed.