CAPTAIN'S LOUNGE - DECEMBER CHAT

Options
Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
edited November 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TO THE cf68nv1j0vwe.png CAPTAINS LOUNGE
This chat room is where the CAPTAINS AND MOTIVATORS meet. Post any ideas, problems, suggestions, cries for help, rants - whatever is on your mind.

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges will be provided by:
Week 1 – Team MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
Week 2 – Team TRIMSTONES
Week 3 – Team WEIGHT NO MORE
Week 4 – Team WAISTAWAYS
Week 5 – Team SHRINKING ASSETS

If your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let us know ahead of time so another team can take your place or the moderators can provide the challenge.

Have a great December!

Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Captain’s responsibilities include:

* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
    * Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
    * Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
    * Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
    * Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
    * Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
    * Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
    * Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
    * Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Fyi, Group week 1 challenge. We had posted on Saturday at Fitness Warriors our December team challenge.

Very similar to what was posted today for week 1 F2F challenge and very different than a photo challenge presented yesterday by week 1 challengers. Our team puts a lot effort of coming up with ideas and in the future would appreciate if you want to use our ideas, please give me a heads up. Pretty confusing to the team. I support all teams and want the best for all!

And perhaps it was a complete coincidence.

Posted yesterday at Fitness Warriors.
    ttwspzf77nhd.png
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    We are leaders of this amazing group! I have to say in the future this shouldn’t happen on group challenges. We are here to support our team and also F2F! We all do this with our free time and know you mean the best.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    This shouldn’t happen.
    ur7qxkhpg6t2.jpeg
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited December 2019
    Options
    FYI. Posted on our team.
    Sorry for some confusion of a post very similar Post to our December Fitness Warrior challenge.

Let’s slay it team! Can’t wait to start Motivation Monday! This came from our amazing motivator Kai! She is my inspiration. She has already hit her goals for the year by loosing 100 pounds and plus. She came up with this inspiring December challenge!

ldl2vkceziix.jpeg

What gets in my way is myself! I am so thankful to have my amazing team to lean into. Or when I am feeling lazy, we are human 😊, I think of my goals and responding back to the team.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Fitness327wk, I am so very sorry that the week one challenge that I posted this morning was so close to your team challenge. I hadn’t seen that challenge from The Fitness Warriors at all. Last night I knew I had to come up with a challenge and scoured Google and Pinterest. I found a challenge from Beachbody and modified it in Publisher this morning and posted it. I didn’t post it to the individual teams until I came home from church this afternoon. I am brand new to being a captain and this is my second time coming up with a challenge that I thought would work for the groups after receiving guidelines from the post I made here yesterday.

I’m not sure how you all want me to proceed? Again I’m so sorry and would like to know how to avoid this happening again. 😯
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Fitness327wk, I am so very sorry that the week one challenge that I posted this morning was so close to your team challenge. I hadn’t seen that challenge from The Fitness Warriors at all. Last night I knew I had to come up with a challenge and scoured Google and Pinterest. I found a challenge from Beachbody and modified it in Publisher this morning and posted it. I didn’t post it to the individual teams until I came home from church this afternoon. I am brand new to being a captain and this is my second time coming up with a challenge that I thought would work for the groups after receiving guidelines from the post I made here yesterday.

I’m not sure how you all want me to proceed? Again I’m so sorry and would like to know how to avoid this happening again. 😯

I appreciate your efforts and again we are all on this same amazing team. Thank you for all you do for your team and being a new Co- Captain. We all do this in our spare time and I am thankful for your support! I think the near future our awesome owner Greg will be making announcements to clear things up.

All the best!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Also If you ever have questions, we are here for you!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I am confused by this. This could have easily happened to me. I wasn't aware that teams put together their own challenges. I would never have thought to check each team to be sure there wasn't a conflict before I created our team challenge. Also, what if we put time into a challenge just to find someone has it already for their team challenge? We are all volunteers and not experts. I have no background with fitness or nutrition and find ideas on the internet for challenges. I feel terrible that @TeresaW1020 was called out like she purposely was taking material without giving the proper credit to the team. In fact, team Weight No More had a similar challenge at some point during this year. It is a pretty popular and fun challenge. I don't see why a team would have to be given credit for material that is easily found on the internet. It is very time consuming to be a captain and quite frankly can be a pain when it is your week to do a challenge. I think @TeresaW1020 did an awesome job! Things usually don't go down like this Teresa. You did great! I am sorry your first experience was negative. Usually everyone is very helpful and understanding.
    Let's keep F2F fun and positive. It is a competition but it has always had a friendly tone.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @jugar Please add @Mrsbell8well and @CassieGetsFit2013 to the cheer squad. Thank you :)
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @sleepymom5

We are all in this together and sorry for any hurt feelings, not my intention at all. Like I had mentioned above I appreciate everyone’s hard work and dedication since we all do this in our free time. We are a very positive and helpful group. There was confusion and I was trying to clear it up. I wasn’t trying to call Teresa out. I think it’s awesome she has stepped up to be a Co-Captain!

Let’s slay December team! 👏💃💓💃👏
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Let’s keep this topic going a little longer, shall we? I want to clarify a few things and then comment on these weekly challenges. :)

First off, I am not upset or have my feelings hurt (OK, maybe just a little ;) ) by @Fitness327wk posts. However, I really do understand how it could be taken that I all but stole your challenge because the concept is so very similar. Also, there was this post from @navdaddjtc and my comment to him.
    I HAVE SEEN THIS SOME WHERE ELSE AS A TEAM CHALLENGE
    Maybe, but I also tweaked it and made it mostly my own. ;)

I actually thought he was either referring to the concept of the daily topics which is not a new thing in these group challenges. I had no idea he was referring to The Fitness Warriors challenge! :o

@jugar, replied to my post in the November Captains thread about the challenge. She said that she thought a challenge should focus on health, diet, and fitness. She also said that it was a good idea to have a new focus each day because it would help people have something to say and there would be more participation. I agreed with her because the NSV challenge had been such a good idea and that is what I went searching for.

As I’m sure you all know finding a challenge that runs for one week that fits the needed criteria is not easy! I spent the whole evening trying to find or think of something that would work and was quite proud of my effort. B)

Anyway, being a new captain has been much more time consuming than I had anticipated with everything else that I have going on in my life, but I LOVE it and my team. I really want to develop a strong team and help my teammates reach their goals. But keeping up with them all, doing our own team challenges, and trying to encourage them to do the weekly challenges is hard and often something falls through the cracks for me. Thankfully, my co-captain, (@broncobuddee) takes care of the spreadsheet and our awesome motivator @AustinRuadhain is amazing!

I do hope we can come up with a new way to do these challenges. I’m already feeling stressed out about what I will come up with next for the weekly group challenge. As for the week one challenge that I posted, I think we should just let it run its course and if the individual captains want to promote it in their team then they can do that themselves. My team seems to love it so I’m going to focus on them since our step challenge fizzled out in November and I’ve called a break to it for this month. :/

Finally, @sleepymom5, thank you and I really appreciate the kind and supportive words. <3 I totally agree that we need to keep Fat2Fit fun and positive. This is a great group and I appreciate all of you so much! :)
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Good morning! Let’s keep this topic going a little longer, shall we? I want to clarify a few things and then comment on these weekly challenges. :)

First off, I am not upset or have my feelings hurt (OK, maybe just a little ;) ) by @Fitness327wk posts. However, I really do understand how it could be taken that I all but stole your challenge because the concept is so very similar. Also, there was this post from @navdaddjtc and my comment to him.
    I HAVE SEEN THIS SOME WHERE ELSE AS A TEAM CHALLENGE
    Maybe, but I also tweaked it and made it mostly my own. ;)

I actually thought he was either referring to the concept of the daily topics which is not a new thing in these group challenges. I had no idea he was referring to The Fitness Warriors challenge! :o

@jugar, replied to my post in the November Captains thread about the challenge. She said that she thought a challenge should focus on health, diet, and fitness. She also said that it was a good idea to have a new focus each day because it would help people have something to say and there would be more participation. I agreed with her because the NSV challenge had been such a good idea and that is what I went searching for.

As I’m sure you all know finding a challenge that runs for one week that fits the needed criteria is not easy! I spent the whole evening trying to find or think of something that would work and was quite proud of my effort. B)

Anyway, being a new captain has been much more time consuming than I had anticipated with everything else that I have going on in my life, but I LOVE it and my team. I really want to develop a strong team and help my teammates reach their goals. But keeping up with them all, doing our own team challenges, and trying to encourage them to do the weekly challenges is hard and often something falls through the cracks for me. Thankfully, my co-captain, (@broncobuddee) takes care of the spreadsheet and our awesome motivator @AustinRuadhain is amazing!

I do hope we can come up with a new way to do these challenges. I’m already feeling stressed out about what I will come up with next for the weekly group challenge. As for the week one challenge that I posted, I think we should just let it run its course and if the individual captains want to promote it in their team then they can do that themselves. My team seems to love it so I’m going to focus on them since our step challenge fizzled out in November and I’ve called a break to it for this month. :/

Finally, @sleepymom5, thank you and I really appreciate the kind and supportive words. <3 I totally agree that we need to keep Fat2Fit fun and positive. This is a great group and I appreciate all of you so much! :)

You are doing an amazing job! And I can understand the challenges. Thank you for all of your efforts. I know it can be stressful to come up with challenges and that is why we have each other. 💃👏💃

Thank you for stepping up and leading your team.

I do apologize to you. I can be wrong and the first to admit it! 😊

This is an awesome positive group! Let’s start December strong 💪 team!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Again, apologies. We are on the same awesome team F2F! We are on in this as a team!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    It think there will always be some repetition in these challenges as there are only so many you can do and this was very well presented.

Admittedly I wouldn't want to be the one following this challenge as it is 7 challenges in a week and doesn't leave much to follow on with.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    I agree ladies . This is an awesome challenge and we are all really a team. Let's have an awesome December and finish 2019 on a high note!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Let’s support each other and we shouldn’t fear the challenges! Let’s come together as we should!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Perhaps this is a great lesson where we can ask each other etc, we all have a lot on our plates. I am very thankful to be part of this awesome team and appreciate all efforts! Team challenges should be fun and not stressful! We are all part of one big team doing and wanting the same thing or we wouldn’t be here. Let’s go team!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    OK - hopefully this issue has run its course. I think it is clear that @TeresaW1020 did not even know about the Fitness Warriors internal challenge. It was a coincidence, and perhaps should have been addressed a bit more kindly, but it seems to be all straightened out! I am glad to see a good discussion getting things resolved. Thanks!

The question of internal team challenges, though, is a good one to re-visit. Any team can do this if they want to. Most of us have an ongoing step team as the main internal challenge. Or they ask everyone to post every day, or report on goals. Having a more tightly organised internal challenge is completely up to the team captains and motivators, and not every team is going to go there. That's fine! This is why we have the weekly challenges for everyone - people who want more can always get it. So no worries if a team keeps it simple. I love that the teams have different "flavours" and that they all still help people lose weight and reach their goals. Moderators can always be approached directly if there are issues, problems, or questions. In the end, we try to be one big chaotic energetic family :heart:

Happy December!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @jugar Please add @Mrsbell8well and @CassieGetsFit2013 to the cheer squad. Thank you :)

Will do!
This discussion has been closed.