This December I Will...

Options
124»

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,003 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017, you shared a very thought provoking observation with us this year and months later it has stayed with me, something I’ve thought about often and see the relevance in my own life. You said that for you, one of the keys to losing weight and then maintaining your weight was to cultivate other interests and hobbies in your life, as a way to give food and eating less of a starring role. Brilliant! You’ve done that with your art and in tidying/decluttering your home. When we find joy in other places, food loses its grip on us. We can still enjoy food and eating, but it no longer has such a hold on us.

My art form and chief hobby is playing the guitar. I’ve gotten so much joy from learning and improving my abilities since I picked it up 5 years ago that food has definitely shrunk in importance. I know it’s been a key in maintaining my weight. Without question.

I expect we will have many new members join us in the new year. In addition to food logging, exercise and moving more, I would strongly recommend adopting a new hobby or rekindling a forgotten joy. When we nurture ourselves by developing our skills, talents, and other interests, food can become just food.

@themedalist
    Thank you.
    I focused on decluttering as it gave me steps! 🤣
    But as I realized that was done & I was in my goal range, I KNEW I had to develop my interests, things that brought me joy.

What I didn’t realize is what a great, everchanging journey it would be!

Watercolor—> faces—> mixed media/collage/acrylics—> book making —> expressive figure drawing & watercolor —> color palettes—> capturing the sun through the clouds —> weaving —> identifying music favorite shapes —>?basket making —> stitch meditations—-> mark making

And then...
    When I decided just to play, I returned to my love of nature.
    And by chance saw a figure in the tree scene and thread...

I can feel in my bones, a form of art developing in me that will make my heart sing with materials I love & a pace that works for me & gives me a mood of uplifting serenity & constant ability to learn & improve my craft.

Thank you again. As a lifelong teacher/coach, NOTHING makes me happier than helping others.

💕
    Maddie
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Have a safe and happy New Years 🥳🎊🎉🎶🎆