Dedicated December

Options

Replies

• l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    l4a_p - I'm so laughing at the dog messing up your schedule, welcome to my world. Think I'm gonna workout, nope - stall cleaners won't show & I'll have to do it - kids will forget to tell us about some event & it's a scramble to get there - barn kitties will get sick and need antibiotics (it takes a while to corral 7 of the little heathens)

@cayenne_007 I honestly have no idea how you (or anyone in a similar situation) does it...I can not imagine taking care of more animals, let alone kids even! What a nightmare. Kudos to all y'all ladies!

(Update: She just ate one of my oldest books (pub.1942); I'm ready to kill her atm to be honest.)

• RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    25 years, 5'8"
    SW: 161
    Dec GW: 158

Dec 4: 161
    Dec 10: 159.5
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »

(Update: She just ate one of my oldest books (pub.1942); I'm ready to kill her atm to be honest.)

Ow boy, that's terrible ! Breath in, breath out and put all chewables valuables away !
  • Antiopelle
    Options

l4a_p - I'm so laughing at the dog messing up your schedule, welcome to my world. Think I'm gonna workout, nope - stall cleaners won't show & I'll have to do it - kids will forget to tell us about some event & it's a scramble to get there - barn kitties will get sick and need antibiotics (it takes a while to corral 7 of the little heathens)

Wow @cayenne_007 , do you get to breath every now and then? Don't forget to put in some me time every now and then.
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »

Ow boy, that's terrible ! Breath in, breath out and put all chewables valuables away !

Question is just how far/good can you put it all away? Mastiffs are massive! I could imagine that the top shelf can hold only so much stuff. Or does that beast still get up there? @l4a_p How much longer will she stay with you? I wish you and your books strong backs and nerves!
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    jacau wrote: »

Question is just how far/good can you put it all away? Mastiffs are massive! I could imagine that the top shelf can hold only so much stuff. Or does that beast still get up there? @l4a_p How much longer will she stay with you? I wish you and your books strong backs and nerves!

She is indeed massive! But thankfully doesn't seem to stand on her hindlegs to reach stuff. She's staying until Saturday evening... I now put her away ("lock her up") in the spare bedroom (which only holds cleaning supplies on top shelves, vacuum, tools, stuff like that) while I'm out. I felt really bad about that before since I'm gone long from home but it helps with barking (otherwise she just sits at the front door and barks/growls whenever one of my poor neighbours passes by) + no valuables there. I feel a lot less bad about it now, whenever I think about my precious Jules Verne book.
    And also since I hadn't had a full night sleep since Friday, she has barking episodes during the night that wake me up. It's really like a destructive baby.

Thanks for the support tho! It helps to rant a bit on here ;)
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    A 1942 Jules Verne book??!! Ow boy ... I usually cannot get mad at animals, but this ... well ... I understand your frustration to say the least.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I am at the heaviest I have ever been in my life this week, and that makes sense because there has been a lot of stress, a lot of travel, and so much going on for the holiday season. I am at the upper end of "normal" BMI for the first time. Surprisingly, I feel pretty good about it; like, I know that while I have some extra pounds to shed to feel optimal, my emotional and mental bodies are feeling grounded and strong enough to move toward my goals.

This was my second day weighing myself, my third day logging for more than a month. I began wearing my fitbit again, and set a TWO WEEK microgoal for myself of:

Logging everyday
    Doing an hour of movement every day
    Staying positive and loving toward myself

December is a hard month! But...I think... not as hard as February can be, right?

Jenn
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @l4a_p
    A 1942 Jules Verne book??!! Ow boy ... I usually cannot get mad at animals, but this ... well ... I understand your frustration to say the least.

I agree! OMG... Hugs! I guess you won't be dog sitting her again!
    @cayenne_007, That's a tough one! Kids and Animals. I have 3 cats and they are handful! (1 is obese, eats everything.... from other cats dishes... The newest baby is stressing out the other one which then she starting to piss ALL over the house! Then 1 brought fleas in and got the house infested! -I used a different flea repel drops 1 month cuz the Frontline was out. Just 1 thing to another)

We all need a break! :D
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    47, 5'2"
    SW: 108.2
    Dec GW: 108, BF: 19%
    GW: 105 BF: 19%

Goal #1: Keep up with 4X a week of OTF
    Goal #2: Meal prep more. Utilize Crockpot! Soup season!!
    Goal #3: Keep photo records of self... (I've been slacking)
    Goal #4: Simplify life. Not stress over things out of my control😉 (getting better at this)

10/1 / 109 lbs, 21.4%, measurements 33.5-27.5-33.5
    10/30 108.2, 19.1%, measurements 33.5-27-33.5
    11/27 108.4, 19.4% 33.5-28-33.5
    12/2 111.0, 20.3% 33.5-28.5-33.5😵😵😵😲
    12/4 109.6, 19.7% 33.5-27-33.5
    12/5 109.6
    12/9 109 , 19.7% 33.5-27-33.5
    12/11 109.8, 19.8% 33.5-27.5-33.5

Work situation= Boss got fired and I now have a new boss. Bit crazy but nothing to stress over.
    Home= Daughter is a struggle. I deal with it. Son is a bless. He makes my day. BF, my biggest supporter. So blessed.
    1.5 weeks till winter break! I am going to AZ with the fam this year. Planning an active break. Can't wait!!!
  • YoureAWalnut
    YoureAWalnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10"
    GW: 175
    Goal 1: Track weekly averages for weight
    Goal 2: Go on long walks in the woods every Sunday (2+ hours)
    Goal 3: Pushup Challenge

11/25-12/1 AVG=180.4 lbs
    12/2-12/8 AVG=180.4 lbs

Haven't done nearly enough pushups but goals one and two are on track. My weight average has been exactly the same for the past two weeks but I've gotten lazy about tracking and sometimes don't enter any meals for days at a time. Time to get back to consistency with tracking meals and exercising.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    33, 5' 4"

SW: 138.4
    GW: 134.6

Goal #1: Snack less at night
    Goal #2: Move more at work
    Goal #3: Eat more mindfully

Dec 3: 138.4
    Dec 5: 137.4
    Dec 10: 137.4
    Dec 11: 138.4 - Apparently I'm going to yo yo again this month too LOL *facepalm*
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    jacau wrote: »

She is indeed massive! But thankfully doesn't seem to stand on her hindlegs to reach stuff. She's staying until Saturday evening... I now put her away ("lock her up") in the spare bedroom (which only holds cleaning supplies on top shelves, vacuum, tools, stuff like that) while I'm out. I felt really bad about that before since I'm gone long from home but it helps with barking (otherwise she just sits at the front door and barks/growls whenever one of my poor neighbours passes by) + no valuables there. I feel a lot less bad about it now, whenever I think about my precious Jules Verne book.
    And also since I hadn't had a full night sleep since Friday, she has barking episodes during the night that wake me up. It's really like a destructive baby.

Thanks for the support tho! It helps to rant a bit on here ;)

As a fellow booklover - I'd be so annoyed - but as an animal lover, I'd forgive the big goober. I think there's something to it being a full moon, we have an outside dog and I swear he's barked continually all freakin night the last 2, he's usually such a good boy. I'm planning to put him in the barn this evening - it's cozy in there and I desperately need some sleep. Shutting her in the spare room while you're gone is probably a great way to stay sane while she's visiting.
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    @l4a_p

@cayenne_007, That's a tough one! Kids and Animals. I have 3 cats and they are handful! (1 is obese, eats everything.... from other cats dishes... The newest baby is stressing out the other one which then she starting to piss ALL over the house! Then 1 brought fleas in and got the house infested! -I used a different flea repel drops 1 month cuz the Frontline was out. Just 1 thing to another)

Fingers crossed - but I do think they're all on the mend, one I'm still a bit concerned about... A feral cat had a litter of kittens at my work so I've been feeding them since they were tiny. We live out in the country and have a barn they live in so I took all 7 home. Had them all fixed a couple of weeks ago & I think one of them picked up a cold at the vet's.....and it spread. They're sorta kinda tame... I've been cramming antibiotics down their throats the last week before work and in the evenings. I'm way too attached to the little heathens.
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    ladyzherra wrote: »
    I am at the heaviest I have ever been in my life this week, and that makes sense because there has been a lot of stress, a lot of travel, and so much going on for the holiday season. I am at the upper end of "normal" BMI for the first time. Surprisingly, I feel pretty good about it; like, I know that while I have some extra pounds to shed to feel optimal, my emotional and mental bodies are feeling grounded and strong enough to move toward my goals.

This was my second day weighing myself, my third day logging for more than a month. I began wearing my fitbit again, and set a TWO WEEK microgoal for myself of:

Logging everyday
    Doing an hour of movement every day
    Staying positive and loving toward myself

December is a hard month! But...I think... not as hard as February can be, right?

Jenn

I love your attitude, good for inspiration as well, thanks for that !
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 146.2
    Dec GW: 142
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2

I'm going to add in one thing to force myself to measure at the end of the month......
    Bust: 38 - Aug (-1")
    Band: 33 - Aug (-1")
    Waist: 28.5 - Aug (-.5")
    Hips 38.5- No change in Aug

No change in measurements in Sept - At least I was consistent with weight/measurements! LOL!

Goal #1: Workout 4 days a week - Yoga Burn/Bike/Walk
    Goal #2: Be consistent with push up challenge - Restarting 12/2
    Goal #3: Stay under on intake min of 5 days a week
    Goal #4: Actually enjoy the holidays - don't stress if everything isn't perfect

12/2 - 146.2 - First time I've weighed since the 27th, basically gave myself a Thanksgiving WEEK, not day. LOL Back to logging today. - vet appointment at lunch, so no walk.
    12/3 - 145.0 - Ate within reason yesterday, attempting to get back on track. Did carve out 45 min walk at lunch, funny how much of a difference that makes in my entire day.....and then volleyball banquet night for bf's daughter - I was starving and it's frito pies for dinner (UGH!!!) Other than NM - does anywhere consider a freakin frito pie a meal?
    12/4 - 145.0 - rare lunch with my bf, so no workout other than barn stuff... but I skipped dinner to squeak thru on calories for the day.
    12/5 - 144.4
    12/10 - 146.0 - Yikes - I've done a terrible job checking in lately. Working to fix that.... I have been so stinkin busy that it's ridiculous. IDK how many calories I burned this wknd - but I walked over 15k steps each day and did 5974615 squats taking pictures of horses. My legs HURT yesterday (my whole damn body hurt)... Attempting to catch up on Christmas stuff, deadlines for videos/pics of 5 horses for sales in Jan/Feb - that's so hard with the short days.... Eeeeeekkkk!
    12/11 - Did decent on food yesterday, but no workout... worked thru lunch and took my Gram to dinner. Really just trying to watch my intake this week and do the things I can do. I should get to ride this evening, so that will be fabulous.
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    @l4a_p

I think indeed we all need a break ! It seems as the last days of the year pile up every leftover task and stress all into one moment; and although the furry balls can be a source of joy and coziness, they also need a lot of TLC sometimes.
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    169 cm / 5’5”, 37 y 
    HW: 76.1 kg / 167.8 lbs (26/Aug/19) 
    SW Sep: 74.1 kg / SW Oct: 73.6 kg / SW Nov: 72.8 kg / SW Dec: 72.9 kg
    GW Dec: 71.5 kg / 157.6 lbs
    Overall GW: 57.5 kg / 124.5 lbs 

Goal #1: Enjoy the holiday period without gaining back. => Enjoy mindfully and within limits.
    Goal #2: Log it ALL. Every little treat. EVERY one.
    Goal #3: Stay positive and patient. With myself and others, especially my partner.
    Goal #4: Take more time and space for myself.

01-dec: 72.9 kg (7-day average: 72.6 kg)
    02-dec: 71.9 kg (7-day average: 72.4 kg)
    03-dec: 71.8 kg (7-day average: 72.3 kg)
    04-dec: 71.3 kg (7-day average: 72.3 kg)
    05-dec: 70.9 kg (7-day average: 72.1 kg)
    06-dec: 71.8 kg (7-day average: 71.8 kg)
    07-dec: 72.4 kg (7-day average: 71.9 kg)
    08-dec: 72.3 kg (7-day average: 71.8 kg)
    09-dec: 72.5 kg (7-day average: 71.9 kg)
    10-dec: 71.7 kg (7-day average: 71.8 kg)
    11-dec: 71.6 kg (7-day average: 71.9 kg)
    12-dec: 71.1 kg (7-day average: 71.9 kg)

Tired and sore but for the rest feeling good. Was out running yesterday. Nice session but now my legs are hurting. And my arms, shoulders and back from Pole the day before. With the wintery weather the skin is just so dry it wouldn't stick. Only good part about it is that it makes for an extra good exercise for the arms to not nosedive to the ground.
    And is the full moon stronger than usual? The dogs'behaviour, sleep not as good as usual. it was beautiful to watch this morning though on the way to work. Almost drove my bike into a ditch because the moon was so mesmerizing to watch. :#

Doesn't change a thing though that I'm happy to see 3 out of 12 days being below target weight (for december) so far. Tracking is mostly accomplished. In the weekends I just get too lazy and just don't want to touch my mobile any more than necessary. Patience... Never was and probably never will be a strength of mine but all in all I am a bit less tense these days.

@l4a_p My condolences for the 1942 Jules Verne! If I had a treasure like this I'd be unhappy about it as well.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    33, 5' 4"

SW: 138.4
    GW: 134.6

Goal #1: Snack less at night
    Goal #2: Move more at work
    Goal #3: Eat more mindfully

Dec 3: 138.4
    Dec 5: 137.4
    Dec 10: 137.4
    Dec 11: 138.4 - Apparently I'm going to yo yo again this month too LOL *facepalm*
    Dec 12: 137.4 - I swear my scale only knows two numbers LOL